Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your go-to provider(s) for production uses? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your go-to provider(s) for production uses?

Comments

• tommytommy Member

linode, buyvm, ipxcore
    backup : vultr

• Sorry for not writing my reason for choosing the provider :)

• iwStack, because it's HA, and never have any downtime since it's launced.
    • Prometeus Xen Biz, well, it's for business and having many restriction, so not much abuser. The uptime is good too, about 360+ days. No need to say about Prometeus brand about how good they threat their customer :)
    • Fiberoute, it's KVM, it's fast, and the support is good.
    • Onepound, they won't sniff your data, good uptime, and good support.
    • Ramnode, good location, good server.
    • Fliphost, didn't had any downtime since bought it. Alex is nice, and the server is fast ( disk and network )

Indonesian provider, because they're KVM with unmetered bandwidth, good local speed, and also fast support. (Price might be a bit expensive)

About data sniffing, well if we don't do anything illegal/malicious, why do we need to afraid?

Thanked by 2Maounique Infinity
  • alexhalexh Member

Microlinux said: Ramnode and Ramnode.

Agree -- but only because there's few providers in Seattle. I'd be nervous to use RamNode for high-traffic hosting though; They seem to shut down your VPS as soon as load average rises.

Tried Vultr, support was about on par with GVH. Have a dedicated with Reprise but wouldn't use it for production, support response times are looong.

• BradBrad Member

@W1V_Lee said:

Generally a provider that you don't have to worry about vanishing anytime soon and one that respects your privacy. Great uptime and support would also be a factor contributing to the title.

@alexh said:

Agreed. I always worry about my apps extending over their 0.9 allowed load before they start to suspend/shut down.

• alexhalexh Member

ErawanArifNugroho said: About data sniffing, well if we don't do anything illegal/malicious, why do we need to afraid?

Because you, I, and everybody else deserve the right to privacy. Just because you sign up for a service doesn't mean the owner/staff have the right to pillage through your data, bro.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2014

Brad said: Generally a provider that you don't have to worry about vanishing anytime soon and one that respects your privacy. Great uptime and support would also be a factor contributing to the title.

don't have to worry about vanishing anytime soon

Well in that case do not go near anyone who you can't verify being in business for at least 3 years. Any provider that started up with limited cash or intentions are very unlikely to get past year 1, 2 at best, so some comfort can be gained by being at least 3 years old or more.

Picking a provider that owns their own hardware and is or has people on site. If a provider has their own hardware then they are investing which is always a much more positive sign.

I seen someone mention recently that they could sniff out a deadpooler a mile away, I agree, and they have been listed in this thread, which is quite scary.

that respects your privacy

That is going to be down to your own senses, nobody will tell you they intend to hand out your email address soon after you signup or that they will look through your data on a regular basis but many do it.

Great uptime and support

That is where all the LET people can help, they say little when things are good but are right out there with a burning when something goes wrong with support or uptime.

This is also where picking a provider that has their own hardware and support on site can make a difference. They tend to respond much faster than you mailing your provider, who then mails their provider, who then places your issue at the back of their current issues and so on...

• arestarest Member

prometeus, ramnode, bandwagon, drserver, do, vultr

Thanked by 2Maounique drserver
  • GienGien Member

Strato, leaseweb, local dcs...

• 123systems!

• VPSDime, Quickpacket, Digital Ocean

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited June 2014
    • Prometeus/iwStack
    • DigitalOcean
    • Contabo
    • SSDNodes
    • Amazon AWS when high flexibility required
    • BQBackup and Backupsy for backups

I don't use many other at the moment, but have good impression about RamNode, Edis.at, Digicube.fr, Online.net and, as they are named here, Oktay brands. :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ShadowPhaseShadowPhase Member
    edited June 2014

I use RamNode. I've had great uptime, speed and support. Their prices are also great! All around a great provider!

• Ramnode, Hosthatch, BuyVM, vultr, DO

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2014

dotvps, kimsufi, iniz, backup kimsufi

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I never host anything production with any VPS host (Prometeus/Iperweb not included because I run the night show there :P) I host at home or on own servers coloed.
    I can't tell you what production means to me, would be too much of a giveaway, but I need redundancy, uptime, good network. Depending on which kind of servers, the order might vary. CPU is usually not an issue, disk, rarely, RAM varies, but usually I need over 24-32 GB.
    For hobby projects and Tor/Freenet, hosting friends and whatnot, almost anything will do, I NEVER host anything mission critical for others, if they do need that, I can agree to host a mirror/spare/round-robin thing they can easily do without if it fails. I dont want to worry, I worry enough for Prometeus/Iperweb customers.

Thanked by 2sentarum netomx
  • I would recommend EDIS for a production site.

• darkshire said: no bias detected here.

What's wrong with eating your own chilli so long as you have a recipe that you like?

ErawanArifNugroho said: About data sniffing, well if we don't do anything illegal/malicious, why do we need to afraid?

Anything can be construed as illegal. Even if you don't think it is.

• zserozsero Member

I'll stick with Prometeus:

18:40:51 up 516 days, 8:20, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.03, 0.00

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Rallias said: Anything can be construed as illegal. Even if you don't think it is.

That is true. And the reverse is also true, anything can be construed as legal, even if the law says it isnt.

• From most likely to less:

INIZ, RamNode, HostUS, Linode

(P.S. Just because Linode is last doesn't mean I wouldn't use them, just to lazy to pull the list out).

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • larslars Member

RamNode, Torqhost!

• awsonawson Member
    edited June 2014

OVH

Hukot

Dream Train Internet

mostly

• Drserver is magician , dr server and drserver :)

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @zsero said:
    I'll stick with Prometeus:

18:40:51 up 516 days, 8:20, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.03, 0.00

Impressive

• FreshRoastedHosting, TheSkySpace and CrocWebs are the guys I use and recommend

• @Rallias said:
    Anything can be construed as illegal. Even if you don't think it is.

^^This

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

BHost (UK), Evorack (UK), Serverastra (HU), Newhost.ro (RO), Ramnode (US), Sucuredragon (US), MyRSK (NL), EDIS (EU), Bostonvps (US)

All have solid uptime, other than announced maintenance and I have had accounts with all the hosts for more than a year.

Support from each host varies, but haven't had to use support many times with any of them as the service just works.

Cheers!

• All of these providers are great, most to least recommended:

OVH (Kimsufi), INIZ, RamNode, Vultr, DotVPS, DelimiterVPS, Digital Ocean, HTTPZoom, and Winity

I've had good experiences with these providers but I wouldn't trust them for production purposes (no order):

PieLayer, 123systems, GreenValueHost, BlueVM, LowEndSpirit

And I've had bad experiences with the following and would never recommend them to anyone.

Heart Internet

Thanked by 2MarkTurner Patrick
  • fislefisle Member

Prometeus, INIZ, Edis, Backupsy.

All of them running production stuff happily without a hitch.

Thanked by 2Maounique Patrick
  • VPSDime, Ramnode, Crissic, Iniz and WeLoveServers