Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host Review - 3 Weeks - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host Review - 3 Weeks

1235»

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

@namhuy said:
    why we keep talking about GVh ?

Jon is back, get used to it...

• GVH_Jon said: Thanked by 1VirtNetwork_Alex

Wow! He is threatening a client and his employe push the thank button! Just wow!

• BayuBayu Member

5 month gvh review: the best uptime is 28 days.
    Can't complain about this

• MunMun Member

@Bayu said:

So much less work. It just keeps going.

• @Bayu said:

Uh huh. My RamNode VPSs had nearly 200 days before I rebooted them.

• XxNisseGamerxX said: you will also be eligible for up to a $100 USD cash compensation bonus if the condition is met.

Anyone who gets their $100 cash compensation, provides proof, I am offering to triple the money as credit on HeroicVPS.

• Anyone who moves over from HeroicVPS, provides proof, I am offering a year of free service on any unmanaged plan in addition to a $350 account credit to use towards any additional unmanaged VPS plans.

• @edwardF: Offtopic... What uptime monitoring is this? Nodeping?

• VivaDesignVivaDesign Member
    edited August 2014

I have a 512 MB VPS with them if anybody wants it, expires 07/31/2015.
    Ive opened a ticket to ask if it can be pushed to another user, no answer yet but I'm sure it will be OK. Its free, I want nothing for it.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited August 2014

HC_Ro said: Anyone who gets their $100 cash compensation, provides proof, I am offering to triple the money as credit on HeroicVPS.

GVH_Jon said: Anyone who moves over from HeroicVPS, provides proof, I am offering a year of free service on any unmanaged plan in addition to a $350 account credit to use towards any additional unmanaged VPS plans.

Sorry johnny, my offer is better and here is why: http://i.imgur.com/YZUaZfl.png

• That's a bit of a cheap shot don't you think Rogan? Because I'm sure everyone knows that we've been replacing every single one of our nodes in the past 45 days.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2014

@GVH_Jon said:
    Anyone who moves over from HeroicVPS, provides proof, I am offering a year of free service on any unmanaged plan in addition to a $350 account credit to use towards any additional unmanaged VPS plans.

HeroicVPS is one of the most stable provider I have used, and I have active service with them. what kind of proof you want for taking your free VPS and $350 credit. Are you serious or just pulling strings...

• GVH_Jon said: That's a bit of a cheap shot don't you think Rogan? Because I'm sure everyone knows that we've been replacing every single one of our nodes in the past 45 days.

GVH_Jon said: Anyone who moves over from HeroicVPS, provides proof, I am offering a year of free service on any unmanaged plan in addition to a $350 account credit to use towards any additional unmanaged VPS plans.

Will you ever quit?

I'd love to know why when you're vulnerable, you attack others. You've proven over the past ~3 months to be incapable of running a hosting provider, and to be completely incompetent in the field of CST. You keep attempting to make people here feel worse, by stating your personal issues time and time again; Like most people do, you need to worry about those issues yourself, and discuss with people the issues that actually might affect them. Making excuses every single time you've fucked up doesn't reflect positively on you, and certainly doesn't make your clients any happier.

It started as personal attacks against your clients, Jon. The people who are the life of your business, that you depend on as a company owner, you attacked, slandered and insulted. You claim that people are "out to get you," or something of the likes, which is another childish tactic to gain pity from others, but it's simply not true; You are hurting people EVERY SINGLE DAY you choose to continue with this business. You're hurting hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands of individuals, businesses, and the internet in general. Myself, and others included, have "been through it all" (- Yo Gotti) and don't require the internet's approval, pity or sympathy.

Proving to be apathetic and narcissistic, your posts nowadays go between nice guy and complete asshole. It's clear to me that you're in an unstable state of mind, and I'm not trying to insult you, but it may be helpful to consider seeking help. Counselors do not give you drugs, nor do they treat you like a nut-case; They simply talk with you and help you come up with better ways to deal with your problems, personal or otherwise. I have nothing against you, but I'm here for the hosting industry, not personal relationships; I'm simply upset that somebody like you can create such a poor reflection onto a career field that many of us here are so passionate about.

I really do love what I do, and part of that is making my clients happy by providing what they need. Websites always need to be up, they need to be fast, and if there's a problem, the client needs somebody to talk to. You've failed on all three of these key points, and it's time for you to try to start making real improvement or fear failure.

Thanked by 4FredQc akz Toadyus rmdort
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited August 2014

On a lighter note, I just hit 31 days uptime mark on my GVH VPS.

[root@core2 ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Number of cores : 24
    CPU frequency :  2000.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 5120 MB
    Total amount of swap : 5120 MB
    System uptime :   31 days, 11:16,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 93.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 36.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 74.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.56MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.1MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 45.1MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.90MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 39.0MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 37.2MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 78.3MB/s 
    I/O speed :  532 MB/s

Things are getting better (I touch a big chunk of woods)

Thanked by 2jnguyen Silvenga
  • Hello guys, I ordered a new dedicated server through GVH about 50 hours ago, they have a 24-48 hour launch time. I have sent in a trouble ticket to try to get some information about when the server would go online yesterday, and there still has not been a response.

Their team seems really slow to respond to any trouble tickets, what do I do here? From what I've heard on this forum, I kinda want to classify this as "downtime" since this is not meeting their guarantees. As their terms says, they will refund 10% of the cost per 30 minutes of downtime. (This should make them start moving?)

• Epic necro dude.

Drop @XFS_Duke a PM as he's trying to clean up the GVH mess atm and might be able to help you out.

Thanked by 1gmathis96
  • Alright @Nekki I sent a message to him. I hope he can help. Thank you.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

With all the current actions going on with GVH, let us close this thread and call it a day.

This discussion has been closed.