Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host Review - 3 Weeks - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host Review - 3 Weeks

Comments

• @GreenValueHost said:
    There are stability issues with la4. We're aware of that and we're actively working on getting that permanently resolved.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could submit a ticket to let us know of issues and give us a chance to resolve them instead of treating LET as if it were our primary technical helpdesk. It seems like you just purchased a service just to bash us over it. And if that's the case, you're more than welcome to leave.

I'm writing my honest experiences with your service day to day. I have a ticket open.

• these GVH cats used to suspend accounts for making support tickets like this :P
    for example:

Client: "Have you blocked port x on my VPS?"

Jonathan Nguyen: "Your VPS is unmanaged.".

Client: "I'd like to avail the 45 day refund policy."

Jonathan Nguyen: "This is not the billing department. As you have abused our support helpdesk by deliberately submitting an inquiry into the wrong department, as per our terms of service, all your tickets will now be treated as low priority. -Jonathan Nguyen -President of Operations"

• @darkshire

I've made a public statement about that months ago and explained how the "helpdesk abuse policy" has been removed. I've posted very, very lengthy paragraphs addressing a lot of concerns regarding past actions and policies. Do you have nothing to do in your day besides just digging for things to bash me with?

• @edwardF No that's a complete lie. You don't have a ticket open and you haven't had a ticket open regarding the host unavailable error. Again, it seems like your primary objective to have a service with us is purely just to bash us. If that is the case, please leave and identify the person that's paying you to do this.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    edwardF No that's a complete lie. You don't have a ticket open and you haven't had a ticket open regarding the host unavailable error. Again, it seems like your primary objective to have a service with us is purely just to bash us. If that is the case, please leave and identify the person that's paying you to do this.

It's ticket #497530. Submitted 06/06/2014 00:31. It's not closed.

Let me know if you want me to repost it here. I honestly have no ego involvement in this. I will be happy if the service works and it is fixed. And I'll be happy to share benchmark results.

Thanked by 2darkshire Mark_R
  • A ticket in answered status is not considered an open ticket. It is considered an 'Active' ticket that is not closed. You have not updated the ticket letting us know of the host unavailable error you received, instead you turned to LET for the sole purpose of getting us bashed which leads me to the conclusion that someone is paying you to purchase a service from us purely to bash us and for no other reason.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    A ticket in answered status is not considered an open ticket. It is considered an 'Active' ticket that is not closed. You have not updated the ticket letting us know of the host unavailable error you received, instead you turned to LET for the sole purpose of getting us bashed which leads me to the conclusion that someone is paying you to purchase a service from us purely to bash us and for no other reason.

HAHAHA epic.

• I can update the ticket multiple times per day if you would like, when the GVH client backend isn't down. I won't be able to update it when it goes down while I'm sleeping however. Is that okay?

• @edwardF said:
    I can update the ticket multiple times per day if you would like, when the GVH client backend isn't down. I won't be able to update it when it goes down while I'm sleeping however. Is that okay?

The GVH client backend (I'm assuming you mean client area) has NEVER been down during your time as a client, EVER.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost - I am curious to ask, what makes the servers go down? (not in a negative way)

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

@Sunn said:
    GreenValueHost - I am curious to ask, what makes the servers go down? (not in a negative way)

LA4 has been unstable the past week because we've provisioned a fairly large amount of high bandwidth special plans on it - We are literally suspending an abuser every 30 minutes. One of our senior administrators is finalizing another audit of the node as we speak to return it back into a stable condition.

As an extremely low end budget provider we're faced with an enormous amount of abusers. I would dare even say that we have more abusers than all the top providers here on this forum do combined. CPU abusers, IO abusers, copyright infringement .. the list goes on and on, abuse is our biggest issue and it's the reason why legitimate clients sometimes can't get the good service they deserve. We tried to introduce policies to combat abusers, we've also tried introducing things such as Nodewatch but we haven't found a perfect solution as of yet.

• namhuynamhuy Member

GreenValueHost said: fairly large amount of high bandwidth special plans on it - We are literally suspending an abuser every 30 minutes

Why advertise crazy deals with crazy BW but won't let people use and call them abuser !?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

You ATTRACT abusers and spammers with your unsustainable offers and ridiculously pompous attitude.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

@namhuy NO! You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about - It's always the same exact people opening their mouths with nonsense, all day every day.

I'm talking about the people who run 50 simultaneous torrents at once, people who have firefox and excessive extensions running 24/7 .. people who are just stress testing their VPS 24/7 for no reason, THOSE people are the problem, NOT the people/clients that are using their VPS for legitimate purposes such as for VPNs!

@shovenose Our offers are completely sustainable. We're not trying to attract abusers. We just want to provide a legitimate and acceptable working service to legitimate clients with intentions to actually use the service for real purposes.

• GreenValueHost said: we have more abusers than all the top providers here on this forum do combined. CPU abusers, IO abusers, copyright infringement .. the list goes on and on

boasting again???

1. I've concluded that secure.greenvaluehost.com has NOT been offline during the time in which you've claimed it to be offline. This was likely an issue with your DNS resolution. You need to check this from your side.

2. A FULL AUDIT has just been conducted and concluded for BOTH the nodes that you have virtual servers on, TX5QN and LA4. I CAN confirm that there have been issues with these two nodes lately due to recent abusers placed on these nodes. LA4 was the designated high bandwidth VPS node during the high BW sale (for Los Angeles) and TX5 was the designated high bandwidth node during the high BW sale (for Dallas). After the FULL AUDIT conduction was completed, we have issued suspensions for multiple users on both nodes on counts of violations of our CPU usage policies. I can confirm that IO as well as CPU are both at normal states at the time of writing this post, ON BOTH NODES. We will continue to monitor both these nodes, TX5 and LA4, as closely as possible, as well as other nodes, for best quality assurance.

If you truly are a legitimate client with intentions to use our services for a real purpose, then I deeply apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced due to disruptive neighbors. We give our best effort to combat abusers and provide our users with the best hosting experience possible. I believe that you have already been credited the amount for a full year of service and that the credit given has already been redeemed, therefore unfortunately at this time I am unable to issue any further credit, however if you do need anything again in the future, please feel free to contact us again, via our helpdesk, and I also private messaged you a personal number in which you can contact me any time for assistance. I'll pay for your calls to me for support.

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    "I also private messaged you a personal number in which you can contact me any time for > assistance. I'll pay for your calls to me for support."

GVH JOHN CEO of OPERATIONS has a future in politics i tells ya !

• @GreenValueHost said:
    1. I've concluded that secure.greenvaluehost.com has NOT been offline during the time in which you've claimed it to be offline. This was likely an issue with your DNS resolution. You need to check this from your side.

1. A FULL AUDIT has just been conducted and concluded for BOTH the nodes that you have virtual servers on, TX5QN and LA4. I CAN confirm that there have been issues with these two nodes lately due to recent abusers placed on these nodes. LA4 was the designated high bandwidth VPS node during the high BW sale (for Los Angeles) and TX5 was the designated high bandwidth node during the high BW sale (for Dallas). After the FULL AUDIT conduction was completed, we have issued suspensions for multiple users on both nodes on counts of violations of our CPU usage policies. I can confirm that IO as well as CPU are both at normal states at the time of writing this post, ON BOTH NODES. We will continue to monitor both these nodes, TX5 and LA4, as closely as possible, as well as other nodes, for best quality assurance.

Thank you very much for looking into this. That's all I wanted to hear. Hopefully the services will begin working again properly.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • evuln_comevuln_com Member
    edited August 2014

Stay away from this "hosting company"
    less than 90% uptime.

My tickets statistics:

June - 2 times were offline
    July - 4 times offline (7 days offline)
    August (current) - 5 times offline

Reasons: migration (2 times), DDOS (most of time), unknown issues with node

I always ask to return money. - they doesn't answer.

• Dear ,

As of August 11, 2014, GreenValueHost is implementing an "Anytime Money Back Warranty" for both existing and new customers. This warranty is designed to give our customers an extra piece of mind while being hosted with us. We believe that as a hosting company with a focus on providing a high value of service and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction, our customers deserve to always feel like they are getting their money's worth.

The conditions of our Anytime Money Back Warranty are simple. You may have a refund within the initial 14 days of your service with no questions asked, providing that you are not in violation of our Terms of Service. Past the guaranteed 14 day period, you are eligible to receive a refund of every single penny that you have paid to us in the event that we are not able to resolve one or more of any technical issues related to your service within a reasonable time frame, in relation to the situation at hand. At the same time, you will also be eligible for up to a $100 USD cash compensation bonus if the condition is met.

This assures you that not only will your money always be worthwhile, but also that our team will put forth every effort possible in assisting you with your every need, and going the extra mile if necessary. We don't play games here and we are very serious about our hosting services. We employ only knowledgeable technicians with the motivation, knowledge, and outstanding capability to represent our company's workforce in a manner that is worthy of appraise.

In order for us to continue to make this warranty available to all of our clients, the following conditions will be required to be put into place to prevent this warranty from being wrongfully exploited:

1. Customers may not intentionally sabotage their hosting services in any manner.
    2. Customers may not refuse to cooperate with our technical support technicians in an attempt to undermine our capability to assist you with resolving any issues.
    3. Customers must present truthful information to us when requesting for us to troubleshoot any issues.
    4. In the event that our data center network operations team is the escalated-to party in a technical support issue, such as issues with the network transit or physical hardware, "reasonable time frame" shall be defined by industry standards expected for a budget Tier-3 data center.
    5. Conditions specified in our Force Majeure policy are applicable
    6. Data corruption not resulting from our staff neglect is not covered

Please note that if you are unable to communicate with our technical support technicians in understandable English, this warranty shall be automatically void at any given time.

If you have any questions, please contact us through our support ticket helpdesk.

Thank You,

GreenValueHost  

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I think you need to actually define what a reasonable time is @gvh_jon

• akzakz Member

lol @ anytime moneyback warranty. My uptime with them has been far from 99% it was lower than my CVPS box; it hovered at approx 70sth percent before I deleted it. (just imagine all the downtime email spams I got). Then their great migration over to the best network ever only to have 0% up time which Jon swears there has been a ddos attack for the last 24hours.

• LeeLee Veteran

That is a warranty of desperation.

Thanked by 2akz MannDude
  • FlorisFloris Member
    edited August 2014

you will also be eligible for up to a $100 USD cash compensation

So, he's going to fly down to my country, hand me this in cash? Daamn, that's service :)

Thanked by 1orak
  • Can you trade disk I/O for network speed?? :(

• @linuxthefish said:
    Can you trade disk I/O for network speed?? :(

That test server is 100mbps sir

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • i know there support system is good they do answer, but not sure if i would use a VPS with them for production application's tho, other things are good. This is my 2 month monitoring with them 85.38% (last 30 days). @ Buffalo node

• why we keep talking about GVh ?

• namhuy said: why we keep talking about GVh ?

Maybe they know how to remain in the news..

• This is an old thread but @evuln_com brought this up again.

This discussion has been closed.