Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Names - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Names

124»

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@earl said: wonder if you could profit with them?

If they are old, consider harnessing the atom first so you have cheap energy, you'll need LOTS of it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@beard said: Sell off your VPS brand to whomever. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

The Dan Fry / Rus business model?

Francisco

• earlearl Member

@miTgiB said: If they are old, consider harnessing the atom first so you have cheap energy, you'll need LOTS of it.

I saw one advertised a couple months back for 26 HP blades, can't recall the CPU speed but they were AMD Opteron based which uses DDR ram.. not sure if that's considered old and power hungry but it was selling for $400 complete except for the hard drives..

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@earl said: AMD Opteron

That is almost as descriptive as saying Intel Xeon, both have been in use for a decade :( If it is the 200 series Operon, you'll need 40A or more to run it, I have a 16 blade IBM with dual single core Xeon 3.something Ghz that eats about 40A

• earlearl Member

@miTgiB said: If it is the 200 series Operon, you'll need 40A or more to run it,

If I recalled I think it was the Hp BL25p that was for sale.. and your right it uses the 200 Opteron

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12329_na/12329_na.HTML

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@Corey said: 'Oh this provider only sells VPS, so I will search elsewhere for my upgrade to dedi'.

You wouldn't sell dedi's on a VPS/VM site unless you don't want them to sell.

'Oh I can't downgrade to something that I am more comfortable with like a reseller plan because this provider doesn't sell it. SO I will search elsewhere.'

Right, they probably don't sell it, and most providers won't let you freely downgrade between shared<->VPS<->dedi anyway.

'Oh I'm not savvy enough to manage this vps so I will have to search elsewhere for a managed vps.'

"VPS" or "VM" don't say "unmanaged" or "managed".

• @Corey said: thank you! I am aware that you just acquired vmport as well so that is a new addition to your group.....
    I often browse letalk but don't say much. You got a redesign on k-disk didn't you?

About a month after I finalized the purchase of K-disk the new design went live. As for VMPort I haven't really organized anything yet for a new design it is not a priority at this time and not really needed but I do have some options in mind.