Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS

Comments

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@peterV said:
    Go find someone else to give your cr*p to.

Right...

• I'm always incredibly torn when I see people discussing GVH. I want to defend them whenever I see particularly rude comments made regarding Jon's age when the issues at hand have nothing to do with it; relative inexperience and immaturity, I'll give you that, but comments about his masturbatory habits and so forth are just out of line.

Yet at the same time, I cringe when I see the posts that Jon makes whether in response to the obvious provocations or to other unrelated threads. One of the biggest things that puts me off a provider is the attitude they display in public, and I had thought Jon finally learned that lesson when he quieted down for a few months and only responded when necessary. Apparently that's not the case, and frankly it's disappointing.

I was a previous client of GVH and while my experience was a mixed one, I don't regret buying one of their plans and will not rule out buying one again in the future. It wasn't the best performing box out there by far but I had no serious issues with it-- only canceled it because it was idling with zero purpose. However, I do sincerely hope that Jon will go back and reread some of the sound advice people gave him when he made his public apologies.

Jon, there is no need to constantly highlight the scale and scope of your business. It means very little to the people who provoked you into doing so, because they're not even remotely likely to believe you anyway. Like I said elsewhere, if you truly believe in your company and its continual growth, you don't need to prove it to anybody else. What you do need to do is keep the advice you were given to heart and stay focused on your plans for GVH.

• I bought one before all the drama on LET. I ended the business relationship after waiting a week (and many tickets) for a forced shutdown of an unresponsive container (assuming kernel issues). I received mixed messages from support on the status of the shutdown and was finally suspended due to resource abuse. The container was still online for a week after I was suspended and canceled my service.

I personally cannot comment on the recent quality of service, but my first experience was not pleasant. I may try again if GVH's reputation discontinues its decline.

• GunterGunter Member

@vpnarea - We've never banned VPN providers from buying from us.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/93-greenvaluehost-exclusive-vpsboardcom-unmetered-openvz-vps-specials-starting-295month/#entry1281

I'm a little confused what you mean. Are you saying that business owners and VPN Company staff can purchase GVH services, or are Public VPNs allowed now too?

Thanked by 1alanromano
  • Public VPNs are allowed now.

Thanked by 1alanromano
  • SieraSiera Member

@GreenValueHost i ordered but my status is "pending"

• karjajkarjaj Member

And my order too...

• AlexUAlexU Member

@Karjaj @Siera Apologies for any inconvenience, could you please submit a ticket so we can look into this, or if you have already done this could you please PM me your ticket numbers?

Cheers!

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited June 2014

Took a little longer than I like to get setup (purchased around 11pm last night, setup today at 4pm). Submitted a ticket this afternoon and it was done pretty quickly after that.

Performance in Seattle is pretty good. Network is decent, system performance is solid. Although it seems like I'm missing vSwap? Will have to submit a ticket on that one.

Pretty decent box for $12/year. Shall see how performance holds up after it fills up.

• AlexUAlexU Member

mikeyur said: Took a little longer than I like to get setup (purchased around 11pm last night, setup today at 4pm). Submitted a ticket this afternoon and it was done pretty quickly after that.

Performance in Seattle is pretty good. Network is decent, system performance is solid. Although it seems like I'm missing vSwap? Will have to submit a ticket on that one.

Pretty decent box for $12/year. Shall see how performance holds up after it fills up.

Hi @mikeyur
    Thank you very much for posting this! Yes, please feel free to submit a ticket about this and someone will get back to you. If this isn't sorted, please feel free to PM me your ticket number so I can see what's going on.

Cheers!

• GVH_Alex said: Thank you very much for posting this! Yes, please feel free to submit a ticket about this and someone will get back to you. If this isn't sorted, please feel free to PM me your ticket number so I can see what's going on.

>

Cheers!

Thanks, just submitted a ticket (#838198).

On a side note: if I wanted more than one box from these specials, would it be possible to have them placed on different nodes in the same location (Seattle)?

• AlexUAlexU Member
    edited June 2014

mikeyur said: Thanks, just submitted a ticket (#838198).

On a side note: if I wanted more than one box from these specials, would it be possible to have them placed on different nodes in the same location (Seattle)?

I replied to the ticket for you :) Let me know how everything turns out.
    The different node may be available, however I have asked Jon to confirm this with you, he'll get back to you shortly :)

Cheers!

• OK, let's see how much guaranteed is that RAM...

• By the way, how much time does it usually take to create a VPS?

• SieraSiera Member

@Master_Bo said:
    By the way, how much time does it usually take to create a VPS?

I ordered 20 hours ago and still don't have access.

• @Siera said:
    Siera said: I ordered 20 hours ago and still don't have access

Place ticket. Perhaps that would help.

My June Special 2 has been activated. It has no vSwap, though, but I suppose that I should place another ticket for that.

• AlexUAlexU Member

@Siera said:
    I ordered 20 hours ago and still don't have access.

Hi Siera,
    Apologies for any issues this may have caused. I have replied to your personal message regarding this.

@Master_Bo I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for this. Please feel free to submit a ticket regarding this. If there are any further issues, please do not hesitate to PM me and I'll take a look.

Best,

• @GVH_Alex said:
    I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for this. Please feel free to submit a ticket regarding this.

No problem. The tech has already adjusted VPS parameters. Thanks.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited June 2014

@GVH_Alex said:
    GreenValueHost International Relations Manager & Public Relations

Next thing we'll see from GVH is Intergalactic Relations Manager! LMAO, 16 yrs olds as 'managers'. Probably can't even manage their pocket money.

• asterisk14 said: Next thing we'll see from GVH is Intergalactic Relations Manager! LMAO, 16 yrs olds as 'managers'. Probably can't even manage their pocket money.

>

Regardless of title I am seeing a lot of positive from @GVH_Alex

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

@asterisk14 said:
    Next thing we'll see from GVH is Intergalactic Relations Manager! LMAO, 16 yrs olds as 'managers'. Probably can't even manage their pocket money.

Alex is a legal adult. His title is "International Relations Manager" because GreenValueHost will be providing Chinese support alongside English support and he will be primarily responsible for handling Chinese relations. His secondary job responsibilities are public relations, internal client relations, sales, and billing.

• AlexUAlexU Member

Virtovo said: Regardless of title I am seeing a lot of positive from @GVH_Alex

Thank you very much. I do appreciate your comment. I am not 16. I am a legal adult and am willing to provide the best possible experience for customers.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via private message, or emailing me at [email protected]

Regards,

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

@gvh_alex is @alexanderu who is clueless with working with servers and whmcs. He's some kid from forum.youhosting.com

• @AlexanderM said:
    gvh_alex is alexanderu who is clueless with working with servers and whmcs. He's some kid from forum.youhosting.com

Several people have assured me he is not a "kid". He's even willing to provide ID evidence to me to confirm it. If people would want me to do that to finally put this to rest I'd be happy to review it (not share of course).

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    Several people have assured me he is not a "kid". He's even willing to provide ID evidence to me to confirm it. If people would want me to do that to finally put this to rest I'd be happy to review it (not share of course).

By kid i'm meaning mentally / knowledge, not his physical age.

Alexander

• AlexUAlexU Member
    edited June 2014

Also, this is a topic regarding the new GVH offer, not about staff. Could we please remain on topic and leave the discussion here.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited June 2014

@AlexanderM said:
    By kid i'm meaning mentally / knowledge, not his physical age.

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. I've been talking to Alex in the past and I've gotten a different impression. Please keep in mind that people change; the person you used to know back then may not be the person he is now. And even if he is, he can still change.

@GVH_Alex said:
    Also, this is a topic regarding the new GVH offer, not about staff. Could we please remain on topic and leave the discussion here.

I second this! Please keep this about the offer, not about the people working at GVH.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • AlexUAlexU Member
    edited June 2014

mpkossen said: Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. I've been talking to Alex in the past and I've gotten a different impression. Please keep in mind that people change; the person you used to know back then may not be the person he is now. And even if he is, he can still change.

Thank you. The questions I may have 'asked' in the past were when I just started working with VPS'es. And I do admit, some may have been a little silly, but everyone needs to start somewhere! I'd just like to quote my role for GVH.

GreenValueHost said: His title is "International Relations Manager" because GreenValueHost will be providing Chinese support alongside English support and he will be primarily responsible for handling Chinese relations. His secondary job responsibilities are public relations, internal client relations, sales, and billing.

mpkossen said: Please keep this about the offer, not about the people working at GVH.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or by PM'ing me.

Cheers

• AlexUAlexU Member

Let's go back to the offer! If anyone has any questions please ask! Jon & I would be more than happy to answer.

• @GVH_Alex said:
    Let's go back to the offer! If anyone has any questions please ask! Jon & I would be more than happy to answer.

Can you beat this?

VPSDime High Storage

2GB RAM
        500GB disk space
        4 vCPU cores
        4TB bandwidth
        1Gbps uplink
        1x IPv4 address
        IPv6 in Dallas/LA
        OpenVZ/Custom Panel
        Dallas or Los Angeles
        $7/month