Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

Please solve Ticket #683465

• Overall, people really need to stop the eagerness in trying to bash GreenValueHost . Yes they may not give the quality of service that other providers give, but come on, it's for the people who want cheap, and a somewhat stable service.

@viCommunications said: Kiddo, stop trying to cause chaos and work on ethical business ways to gain leads, it even annoys me everytime I hear someone say "GreenValueHost"

Isn't the company your with right now dealing in the crapper at the moment?

• jebberjebber Member
    edited June 2014

These are some great deals!
    I currently have a VPS with GVH in Los Angeles - and it is performing great.

I just ordered the Special-4.
    But I forgot to specify Seattle as my preferred location in the notes.

I've opened a ticket, so hopefully it will be deployed in Seattle. If not, I'll live with it.

This is the first time I've needed to submit a ticket to GVH - and it was my own error.

I'm very happy with GVH :)

Thanks again @GreenValueHost

Edit / Update: The server was deployed promptly in Seattle. Loving it.

• Everyone who has ordered a plan listed in this thread has had their order(s) activated and sent out to them.

Thank you for the kind words @jebber, I'm glad you're satisfied with our services :)

• SunnSunn Member

GVH! GVH! GVH GVH! GVH! GVH! Best VPS Ever made!

• GreenValueProvisioned on NY1:

[root@axis ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.0063 s, 67.1 MB/s

[root@axis slabbed-or-not]# ./slabbed-or-not
    Container: OpenVZ
    Not running under any known hypervisor type

[root@axis slabbed-or-not]# wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2014-06-01 22:53:17--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[===========================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 71.3M/s   in 1.4s

2014-06-01 22:53:19 (71.3 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

[root@axis slabbed-or-not]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 23.6237 s, 45.5 MB/s

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

We're having a hard time with Buffalo. We're not really trying to push sales there that much at this time however in the upcoming weeks we'll be performing upgrades in Buffalo, going from 4 bay SATA configs to 8 bay SATA configs w/ SSD cache

Seattle is my personal favorite location out of all the locations we offer.

[root@seattletest ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.90295 s, 219 MB/s
    [root@seattletest ~]#

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • wojonswojons Member

@greenvaluehost

can i use these for cdn? and how much of the cpu am i able to use.

• they sell USA vps as Netherlands vps .

• this is trully a crazy deal

• @viCommunications said:
    Your business practices are horrifiying and I have no idea why anybody on this green earth would want to host with you.

You're digging a hole, and you've been digging that hole for the last several months, eventually you'll hit the bottom and your unethical business practices wont work anymore on LET.

Kiddo, stop trying to cause chaos and work on ethical business ways to gain leads, it even annoys me everytime I hear someone say "GreenValueHost" - might have to get someone to code some sort of firefox/chrome plugin to blacklist your name & site so I don't have to see it again.

Really? This is coming from you?

Anyway, I like how @jvnadr and @darknyan summed it up! Can't agree more with that.

• @Sunn said:
    GVH! GVH! GVH GVH! GVH! GVH! Best VPS Ever made!

Pls stop and improve your RAID systems.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/600075/#Comment_600075

$100 this "company" would run out of money if they didn't have the ColoMafia's support.

• @trewq said:
    $100 this "company" would run out of money if they didn't have the ColoMafia's support.

INB4 - @serverian comeback!

@0xdragon said:
    INB4 - serverian comeback!

That was directed at GVH just FYI

• @trewq said:
    That was directed at GVH just FYI.

I know, I'm saying that he (serverian) will post a counter-offer against the CC Mafia.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    INIZ - NYC is one of our "pending" locations.

Just like the North Korea location you said during February you'd have on March?

• "With so much drama in the L-E-T..."

I just picked up a Special #4 in Seattle. I see @GreenValueHost getting a ton of hate, some of which may be justified, but most just seems like it's over the top. It's starting to look like some folks are signing up for the service just to hate on them after the fact.

I like what @darknyan had to say, so I'm willing to give them a shot and see how they perform.

Thanked by 2PremiumN Maounique
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

trewq said: $100 this "company" would run out of money if they didn't have the ColoMafia's support.

I think they run only one location now via cc, others are with other datacenters

@jvnadr said:
    I think they run only one location now via cc, others are with other datacenters

Misdirection is pretty powerful.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

eddynetweb said: Isn't the company your with right now dealing in the crapper at the moment?

Considering the substantial damage done to our reputation for something that wasn't our fault, I'm kinda surprised that Michael is still pushing out so much effort to try to bring everything back online at no gain to himself - while still being very sick from all the tests they ran at the hospital, cut him some slack.

mpkossen said: Really? This is coming from you?

The company I work for right now doesn't spam its clients & buy mailing lists to spam other people. Furthermore, our downtime was not caused by human error but Michael ended up in the ER, and well, "shit went down". When Michael returned, he was handling the issue swiftly but our upstream billing opened on Monday.

eddynetweb said: Isn't the company your with right now dealing in the crapper at the moment?

Should be online today. :)

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited June 2014

It seems that you have not understood the reason for having DNS on two separate IPs. The reason is that you should be running your DNS services on two separate boxes (with different IPs) so that your DNS info is still available if one DNS server goes down. By putting your DNS server on one VPS with two separate IPs you might as well just use one IP.
    Are you running all your services on the same VPS? In that case if the VPS goes down all goes down and it doesn't really matter if your DNS is available or not. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and put your DNS info on two different VPS with different providers.

• viCommunications said: The company I work for right now doesn't spam its clients & buy mailing lists to spam other people. Furthermore, our downtime was not caused by human error but Michael ended up in the ER, and well, "shit went down". When Michael returned, he was handling the issue swiftly but our upstream billing opened on Monday.

They are not spamming AFAIK. If you don't want to receive those e-mails, opt out. There's a link at the bottom.

OK, so let me get this straight: shit went down and now you are waiting for a billing department to open? Sounds like you didn't pay your servers in time and "shit went down" probably because it was already overdue.

Other than that, I think you and your buddy have created more chaos than GVH ever did. And I haven't even started talking about "your" business practices.

Bottom line: if you don't like GVH, don't click on these offers and SPAM them with your verbal diarrhea, please. We have the Cest Pit for that!

• Are you still not permitting VPN providers from buying the VPS?

• SunnSunn Member

@forthcloud said:

please read my offers more often, i have improved the raid systems. Reading will get you far in life.

• n0pn0p Member
    edited June 2014

*redacted

• @vpnarea - We've never banned VPN providers from buying from us.

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    We'll also match: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28385/vpsdime-everybody-should-backup-50gb-backup-vps-for-9-45-year

in Los Angeles and you can use the VPS for anything you'd like as long as it's allowed by our ToS. Uplink would be 1gbps instead of 300mbps and bandwidth would be 1TB instead of 500GB. Contact us to purchase. Nothing against serverian

Is the coupon code #winning ?

• peterVpeterV Member

@tomle said:
    Are you running all your services on the same VPS? In that case if the VPS goes down all goes down and it doesn't really matter if your DNS is available or not. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and put your DNS info on two different VPS with different providers.

Yes, because clearly I couldn't have another box with another provider or more than one location with GVH.

Go find someone else to give your cr*p to.