Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - THE HOME OF ULTRA CHEAP PRICES| MEGA STORAGE/*HUGE* BANDWIDTH/LOTS OF IPV4 | US/EU 6 LOCATIONS

Comments

• @INIZ - NYC is one of our "pending" locations.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

GreenValueHost said: We'll offer VPSes for $0 before that happens

That really did it for me. Going to leave this thread now.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We're not going to let Patrick win a price war against us in NYC. We'll offer VPSes for $0 before that happens so asterick14 that's out of the question anyways.

When do you think you'll be in NYC? Are you guys able to offer anything smaller in Buffalo/NL like 128 or 256 plans?

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    We're not going to let Patrick win a price war against us in NYC. We'll offer VPSes for $0 before that happens so asterick14 that's out of the question anyways.

You can match the price. How would you be able to match Iniz's quality?

• @serverian said:
    You can the match price. How would you be able to match Iniz's quality?

Going with us vs. Iniz is choosing quantity over quality. Although we do try our best to provide the highest quality possible, we do what we can with the prices we charge and in all honesty, our VPS services are average, acceptable, and really not that bad. But if you want performance that is outstanding, then sure go with Iniz or whatever - But our pricing is one of a kind and it works.

• @Spencer all of those threads have been marked as 'resolved' by us internally and will not be addressed any further.

• @Spencer said:
    There are a ton more I just got tired looking at how many results their were

To be fair the latest bad review was only a few days ago. I'm sure Jon can make a coupon code to celebrate this feat

• BoxodeBoxode Member

GreenValueHost said: will not be addressed any further.

Perhaps you should address yourself first.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • GreenValueHost said: @Spencer all of those threads have been marked as 'resolved' by us internally and will not be addressed any further.

of course they are. you are comically terrible

• Reminder to everyone that GreenValueHost is registered under the name of frequent-visitor-to-Illinois-court-system-and-likely-criminal Lance Jesserun

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9098541#post9098541

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @texteditor said:

Well, if they are resolved then why does he need to discuss them. Any why should he open them up here, if anyone was that interested they can read them on WHT.

He might not be the best VPS provider, but he probably isn't the worst, so cut him some slack..

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • You don't have to take it into something personal. They're minor road traffic offenses.

• asterisk14 said: but he probably isn't the worst, so cut him some slack..

He does feed spammers and deplete valuable IP space, so really in a way he is among the worst

• GreenValueHost said: You don't have to take it into something personal. They're minor road traffic offenses.

All 12-14 of them he's gotten in the few years since turning 18? Doubt it, but even if not he's still a trainwreck in-the-making (much like GVH)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@texteditor said:
    Reminder to everyone that GreenValueHost is registered under the name of frequent-visitor-to-Illinois-court-system-and-likely-criminal Lance Jesserun

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9098541#post9098541

This thread only gets better and better.

• @texteditor said:
    texteditor said: He does feed spammers and deplete valuable IP space, so really in a way he is among the worst

I suppose you don't use or buy anything that is hosted at Colocrossing's DC's as they are the biggest spammer supporters and IP hoarders/depleters around?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2014

"ALL THREADS HAVE BEEN MARKED AS RESOLVED
    AND WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED ANY FURTHER!"

• asterisk14 said: I suppose you don't use or buy anything that is hosted at Colocrossing's DC's as they are the biggest spammer supporters and IP hoarders/depleters around?

Not recently

• GreenValueHost said: They're minor road traffic offenses.

Could he or someone else speed into provisioning my server then?

Thanked by 2alanromano Mark_R
  • Never posted about this but you should hire someone for pr and I am going to hold you to that $0 offer in ny

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2014

texteditor said: Reminder to everyone that GreenValueHost is registered under the name of frequent-visitor-to-Illinois-court-system-and-likely-criminal Lance Jesserun

And what does that mean? And why is he criminal? Is he in jail? Do this have something to do with this business? Frequent visitor? Come on, let him get a break. If his business is full of crap, eventually nobody will buy from him. Is his business fair for the price he asks? IMHO, yes, it is. As long as his business is operating and not deadpooled, it works for some people. Does he spam? Give us some proof. Is he a magnet for spammers? Again, give us some proof. Is his practice a magnet for spammers? Maybe, but he is not alone. Why do you accuse him and not other respected providers here that offer vps's in the price range of 1$ pm or 10$ per year, or some offers of 2-3 ips with low price?

I criticized a lot Jon in the past, but we should not be obsessed with him. Does his service have problems from time to time? Yes, and there are all well known. If someone wants to buy from gvh, he could check reviews here and in WHT and decide himself.

But YOUR behavior is spamming gvh thread, this is in my opinion much more unethical than gvh practices in the past.

viCommunications said: Kiddo, stop trying to cause chaos and work on ethical business ways to gain leads, it even annoys me everytime I hear someone say "GreenValueHost"

You still criticize Jon but your provider that you are now an employe, is still out of order for days now! Chaos in a client is caused when he loose his vps for 4-5 days, you know.
    After all, doing business is not the most ethical place to be.

I don;t like either Jon's behavior and practices, but that doesn't give me the right to attack him in every thread he posts. Let him live, do criticize him when he does something bad.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited June 2014

I find a lot of the hate on GreenValueHost unfounded.

Yes, they aren't spectacular and they don't have the best uptime, but they're perfect for hobby boxes, light torrenting and for running sporadic tasks such as scraping.

They're clearly not trying to enter the enterprise market or have a reputation for stellar quality. But they're good at what they're attempting to solidify themselves as, a decent host for non-critical tasks.

It would be nice if everyone would just stop trying to incite more and more GVH drama threads. Quite frankly, nobody really cares and most of it just seems like weak slander.

• @darknyan said:
    but they're perfect for hobby boxes, light torrenting and for running sporadic tasks such as scraping.

Does @GreenValueHost allow private torrents like the VPSDime Storage VPS plans?

• Thanks for the kind words @darknyan

Though a lot of people do trust us to host things of critical nature, our managed VPS plans are quite popular and a lot of clients use them to sell shared hosting services.

• @mikeyur Yes we do!

• GunterGunter Member

What's your policy on port abuse?

• We have a "Good Neighbor Policy" on port abuse. Don't intentionally disturb others, you're fine. It's pretty obvious if your actions are intentional. It may lead to a shutdown the first time followed by a notice and then further violations may result in suspensions.

If there's enough normal usage to cause a disturbance in the node, we'll have the node upgraded to a larger port. Our nodes are closely monitored.

• GunterGunter Member

We have a "Good Neighbor Policy" on port abuse. Don't intentionally disturb others, you're fine. It's pretty obvious if your actions are intentional. It may lead to a shutdown the first time followed by a notice and then further violations may result in suspensions.
    If there's enough normal usage to cause a disturbance in the node, we'll have the node upgraded to a larger port. Our nodes are closely monitored.

I'm still allowed to run a Ubuntu CD mirror right? I haven't gotten down to that yet so my B/W is hovering around 200GB/month.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

@darknyan said:
    I'm still allowed to run a Ubuntu CD mirror right? I haven't gotten down to that yet so my B/W is hovering around 200GB/month.

Yes. We try our best to make our services ideal for those type of tasks. Especially with our network selection; we use QuadraNet's regular network blend in Los Angeles and Dallas, ColoCrossing's Buffalo, Chicago, and Seattle blend, and PhoenixNap's Amsterdam blend.

Unmodified. Premium carriers. We have exabytes of data transfer pre-paid. No BS.