Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada

124»

Comments

• sz1hosting said: This is something i would really love to do, just not being able to speak Indonesian very good is holding me back from setting up a small dc here, i will get round to it eventually, with the help some Indonesian friend's.

He suggested colo, not setting up a DC...

• AThomasHowe said: He suggested colo, not setting up a DC...

colo is too expensive in Indonesia would be cheaper setting up a small office with a 100mbps+ line and a small rack - very small rack to start with.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: colo is too expensive in Indonesia would be cheaper setting up a small office with a 100mbps+ line and a small rack - very small rack to start with.

No it wouldn't be cheaper to rent out a building or even a room plus equipment and networking than to rent out space for a server, c'mon dude, you know that's not possible.

• AThomasHowe said: you know that's not possible.

Indonesia is cheap for renting out places etc so it is quite possible, though not being able to speak the language very good is prob why i do not have a good idea of colo prices, though you can see here it is not cheap though might be cheaper than setting up myself:

http://www.idcolo.com/colocation-server 1million rupiah is $100.00

http://www.ardhosting.com/server_colocation.php

AThomasHowe said: AThomasHowe

Though in all it may actually be cheaper so i think i was wrong then, my bad.

• Right I know it's expensive, why do you think it's expensive though? Because it's cheap and easy to invest in the infrastructure? Of course not and the price reflects it. There are also millions of people who buy and sell their product without speaking the local language, someone there (or someone who can translate for you) is going to be able to speak English. Not speaking the language is an excuse. Do you think most people who have their product produced in China speak Mandarin?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • AThomasHowe said: Not speaking the language is an excuse. Do you think most people who have their product produced in China speak Mandarin?

I will try harder thanks for pointing out aspects i did not think of : ) i mean that in a nice way as in thank you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2014

AThomasHowe said: Do you think most people who have their product produced in China speak Mandarin?

No, but the people they deal with speak both english and mandarin - Almost no factory owner speaks english, you normally use a broker for this (also much less work and you can put bad working conditions on him and be out nicely)

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • William said: No, but the people they deal with speak both english and mandarin - Almost no factory owner speaks english, you normally use a broker for this (also much less work and you can put bad working conditions on him and be out nicely)

Right, that was my point. You not speaking the language isn't a barrier. I don't know if no factory owners speak English in this global market, though, especially in the newer generations. They certainly have people on the staff who do.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting