Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for anti ddos - dos dedciated servers in eu and canada

Comments

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

K2Bytes said: Most of the DCs offering dedicated servers offer vps too.If you remain afraid & keep thinking like that you would never succeed.It all depends on what you are offering to the public that they should choose you over your upstream provider.For example OVH offer 100 Mbps ports, you can offer 1 Gbps. They use Opteron in their vps, you can use Intel Xeons & so many other such things.You really need motivation & moral support from someone experienced in this field because I can see you lack business plans & strategies.And get rid of your fears please, otherwise the hosting market is not for you.May God help you!

I have been advised by experienced hosts not to use ovh, i want to use ovh may just go with ovh as ddos protection is not cheap but with ovh it is.

• sz1hosting said: I have been advised by experienced hosts not to use ovh, i want to use ovh!

OVH is a fine DC on the low-end. Don't use Kimsufi for hosting.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:
    "SEO" heaven :P

FTFY

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

AThomasHowe said: OVH is a fine DC on the low-end. Don't use Kimsufi for hosting.

how about soyoustart?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

voxility They ddos protection is the best but they are premium providers. If you need then let me know.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

sz1hosting said: Kind of yeh ^_^

@Nekki asked a question with 2 possible answers and you replied with "yeh" - please read properly.

• viCommunications said: please read properly.

I try.

• sz1hosting said: how about soyoustart?

Someone else will have to answer but mainly it depends on the network - is the 200Mbps guaranteed?

viCommunications said: @Nekki asked a question with 2 possible answers and you replied with "yeh" - please read properly.

My mother does that all the time, does my head in.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • nice

edited May 2014

Hmm...

Hello,

As indicated on our website, up to 16 additional IPs can be purchased per server, at a price of $3/address per month.

Regards,
    Phil

Customer Service SoyouStart

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: cfgguy said: voxility

i was looking at that site but no prices https://www.voxility.com

https://www.voxility.com/shop/hosting/server/DL380p-Gen8-(2xE5-2640)-LFF

You need to register to get prices.
    However, I can say they are not premium, but good. Prices are also average, however, DDoS protection does not come free unlike in OVH's case. Unless you consider autonull when the flood is larger than what the port can handle.
    Ipv6 policy is atrocious, one per ipv4, routing seems to be patchy over IPv6, BGP costs a lot and even static routing if you get your own block, but traffic and colo are rather cheap and rather good quality.
    Still I recommend OVH over Voxility, free DDoS protection, large network with decent quality over IPv6 and IPv4, even if support is not so good compared with voxility, just get on it over IPMI and have backups close.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Maounique said: Maounique

Thank you for the feed back : )

• Stop expanding to other locations when you have barely used your France location...

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

linuxthefish said: Stop expanding to other locations when you have barely used your France location...

Don't waste your breath/keystrokes. Dude's obsessed with expansion, he wants the biggest range of empty servers on LET.

• Nekki said: Don't waste your breath/keystrokes. Dude's obsessed with expansion, he wants the biggest range of empty servers on LET.

And we'll keep hearing about them for the next two paid up years D:

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AThomasHowe said: And we'll keep hearing about them for the next two paid up years D:

Or until they're all suspended because he kept giving out free trials to spammers.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Nekki said: Or until they're all suspended because he kept giving out free trials to spammers.

That's not a bad idea. Any free trials going @sz1hosting?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Just looking to provide the best quality hosting and i will stop at nothing to get to that point, looking into ovh.com now may grab a server or 2 from them as ddos protection is a must, will be keeping the france location, and of course las vegas etc.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: Just looking to provide the best quality hosting and i will stop at nothing to get to that point, looking into ovh.com now may grab a server or 2 from them as ddos protection is a must, will be keeping the france location, and of course las vegas etc.

By spreading yourself too thinly you are compromising quality. You haven't even proven you can manage a single, full location yet and you're already expanding. To me, right now hosting anything with you looks like a huge risk to me as I don't know which direction your attention will be pulled in next.

Thanked by 1petris
  • wychwych Member

@sz1hosting said:
    Just looking to provide the best quality hosting and i will stop at nothing to get to that point, looking into ovh.com now may grab a server or 2 from them as ddos protection is a must, will be keeping the france location, and of course las vegas etc.

Focus on improving what you already have, then expand.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: To me, right now hosting anything with you looks like a huge risk to me as I don't know which direction your attention will be pulled in next.

Most my customers 99% are not form lowend, there is no risk with us, we are just looking to provide even better services for our customers and basically we want anti ddos options too.

Our france and las vegas locations for vps are permanent.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: Most my customers 99% are not form lowend, thee is no risk with us, we are just looking to provide even better services for our customers.

That's got nothing to do with my point.

Let's try this another way, how long have you been providing hosting from your oldest location, and how full are your nodes in that location?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: Let's try this another way, how long have you been providing hosting from your oldest location, and how full are your nodes in that location?

We have covered costs so expanding is no problem, the only thing we need is at least 1 Fully anti ddos capable node, oldest node we have is around 6 months for vps selling, we have nodes in CA USA - FR -EU UK -EU & Israel

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: We have covered costs so expanding is no problem, the only thing we need is at least 1 anti ddos node, oldest node we have is around 6 months for vps selling, we have nodes in CA USA - FR -EU UK -EU & Israel

You're still not reading what I'm writing. I give up.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Nekki said: You're still not reading what I'm writing. I give up.

Sorry i do not like to say how many people are on each node, but for france around 25 right now with 50 being the max for each node maybe less.

• sz1hosting said: Sorry i do not like to say how many people are on each node, but for france around 25 right now with 50 being the max for each node maybe less.

again not his point though, rather you're just proving it. One half full node in France and now you're moving into OVH too.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • AThomasHowe said: moving into OVH too.

I am considering it but may not go with ovh and just stick with what i got : )

• namhuynamhuy Member

sz1hosting said: I am considering it but may not go with ovh and just stick with what i got : )

Then why you created this thread?

edited May 2014

namhuy said: Then why you created this thread?

To ask about anti ddos dedicated servers, i have ddos mitigation - migration with my france server and will be ordering a usa server with the same data center.