Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Love Servers but not customers! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We Love Servers but not customers!

13»

Comments

• OxideOxide Member

We updated all of our servers today in light of CVE-2014-3153. We use KernelCare to apply important updates so the output of the kernel version may not change when you run 'uname' or 'cat /proc/version' but we are proactive about keeping our systems up to date with the latest patches.

Chris

• @Oxide said:
    We updated all of our servers today in light of CVE-2014-3153. We use KernelCare to apply important updates so the output of the kernel version may not change when you run 'uname' or 'cat /proc/version' but we are proactive about keeping our systems up to date with the latest patches.

Chris

Great!

• Hello I am here to tell you about my horrid experience at WeLoveServers.NET. I personally can't rate their hosting service due to my Debit Card somehow failing their fraud check (Which I don't see how.) But anyways I could live with my Debit card being declined and not being able to use their services, however EVERYDAY they charged my Debit Card, even though it was declined and the invoice said unpaid. This caused massive complications with my bank (Alta One). Which ultimately led to me being locked out of MY BANK account (Perfect during the first of the month when bills are due PRICKS.) ... I had to ask them to remove my debit card from their file because their system charged me everyday. Once I unlinked my card from their database my bank account soon became accessible. I ended up having to pay my bank $83 for fraud fees... THANKS WeHateCustomers and WeLoveMoney. Fuck you. And have a nice day.

P.S. I can not actually rate their service they might be good, however their payment system is FUCKED! And I wouldn't recommend jeopardizing your bank account access for something stupid. I struggled for a few weeks without access to my bank. THANKS!

• DougWareDougWare Member
    edited August 2015

Just want to chime in as well. I had a horrible experience at WLS and left them in February of last year as well. I had clear evidence that their node was experiencing high IO wait, which was causing my VPS to be unresponsive.

I've been a professional linux admin for over 18 years. I had all the evidence to back up my claims, including top and New Relic. Instead I received a snarky comment and link to linuxatemyram.com.

Once, the comment was "Your high load caused the node to crash. We've reset the node, and the VPS are starting back up now.", even though New Relic showed my VPS was completely idle at the time. Anytime you open a ticket, you get a reply along the lines of "Can you please try now?".

I also paid for additional IPv4 addresses when I signed up, that were never provisioned. When I inquired about a refund, I was told I should have opened another ticket to follow up on them. No, you should have delivered what was purchased.

Personally, I would stay clear of WLS.

Doug

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@jbiloh said:
    Ahaha, this made me laugh. +1

Agreed. I hope that it comes out soon :o

• Funny domain is real :P.

• high IO wait

That's what I've found to be their issue also. Just an oversold box I guess, though for me it was functioning well enough for my needs, for the most part. As cheap as they are, they're a borderline renewal and the influx of more negativity suggests to me something bad will happen soon.

• I know this is a reasonably old topic, but I want to comment as of right now they haven't improved at all... I have just suffered over 2 days of downtime!! And when the server finally came back online half of my mysql databases had been corrupted... The worst part is the customer service people weren't the least bit sorry or in any way looking to help me. This is just another instance of downtime that happens at least once a month. DO NOT use weloveservers. I will be moving away from them as soon as I find someone I want to move to.

• @NixAlaister said:
    I know this is a reasonably old topic, but I want to comment as of right now they haven't improved at all... I will be moving away from them as soon as I find someone I want to move to.

Have got to agree, for a while the $19 packs were great, and I learnt a hell of a lot using the service but random reboots and poor ticket responses (only sent around 9 in 2 years) I am currently migrating as required and it is a shame as I found them to be really good at the beginning. Cest La Vie YMMV