Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Love Servers but not customers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We Love Servers but not customers!

Comments

• @1e10 said:
    That doesn't really show much. Care to post the entire ticket?

sure the second one is the second part of that ticket. I will ss the whole ticket.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@birdinatux said:
    So now the tickets do exist but you deny the datalosss ever happened? There is nothing to resolve as I am no longer in desire of the crap service. Just letting everyone know my experience!

Probably not what you want to hear, but I had an idling server blow up in exactly the same way with another provider.

• J1021J1021 Member

birdinatux said: sure the second one is the second part of that ticket. I will ss the whole ticket.

Sorry? I only see one image on that link.

• @Oxide said:
    The data loss was not caused by us because the node did not suffer any data loss. It's possible you may have done something accidentally and unintentionally, such as removing an important operating system folder or something of that nature.

With root access comes great responsibility...

• FalzoFalzo Member

@N_Serian said:
    With root access comes great responsibility...

for $1.58 per month you can take responsibility for world hunger at least, don't you agree? ;-)

• @1e10 said:
    Sorry? I only see one image on that link.

http://imgur.com/AjTcHiA was the second one

• J1021J1021 Member

I'm still not seeing anything that is screaming WLS deleted your data at me.

• Falzo said: for $1.58 per month you can take responsibility for world hunger at least, don't you agree? ;-)

I suppose anything's possible, hah! ;)

• nerouxneroux Member

1e10 said: I'm still not seeing anything that is screaming WLS deleted your data at me.

How would you expect this to look like? I cannot see a I rm'd my root directory either ;)

At this point its the OP's word against WLS' and unless one party admits a fault its close to impossible to find out what happened.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There were other people claiming similar things, at least low performance in places can be checked as confirmed now. IMO it is another case of someone with too high expectations from a very cheap unmanaged server.

Besides, OVZ does like to reboot now and then, we have hundreds of days uptime on some, but only tens on a few.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

said: but not customers!

No host owner enjoys replying to idiotic customers, not implying you are. But when you get 10 tickets a day asking what "apache" is, times by 7 days, it gets repetitive and annoying.

• wychwych Member

Its all part of the fun and games though!

• BoxodeBoxode Member

wych said: Its all part of the fun and games though!

The new TV show is coming out soon, "Game of Nodes" - primarily consisting of the protector of the realm, @jbiloh and ColoCrossings attempting to keep peace within the 7 server locations. While @GreenValueHost slowly attempts to take over the 7 locations by taming his 3 super nodes.

Quite the TV show, stay tuned :)

• wychwych Member

@viCommunications said:

Im creasing.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • nerouxneroux Member

Maounique said: IMO it is another case of someone with too high expectations from a very cheap unmanaged server.

The price definitely defines the overall quality of service (performance to some extent, speed of customer service, etc.) but the overall service should be there regardless of the price and especially losing an entire VM cannot be reasonably attributed to the price (I am saying this in general, not specifically about this case as we still do not know what happened, respectively have two different versions).

Maounique said: Besides, OVZ does like to reboot now and then, we have hundreds of days uptime on some, but only tens on a few.

I'd say this depends how well the host is administered. A few years ago I had a VM with almost a year of uptime.

viCommunications said: when you get 10 tickets a day asking what "apache" is, times by 7 days, it gets repetitive and annoying.

Definitely! Yet dealing with this in a professional way is also part of customer service, but it is not the case here anyhow.

• xDutchyxDutchy Member

viCommunications said: "Game of Nodes"

Friend of mine came up with this yesterday, when someone was doing a poor attempt to DoS, DoS switching from node to node thanks to the loadbalancer doing its work

imgur

• WeLoveServers Is Great!

Thanked by 1switsys
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@neroux said:
    At this point its the OP's word against WLS' and unless one party admits a fault its close to impossible to find out what happened.

that awkward moment when you go to type rm -rf folder and accidentally type rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

hostnoob said: that awkward moment when you go to type rm -rf folder and accidentally type rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

rm /root/Documents/How-To-Use-A-Server.pdf

Oops, somebody help me pls.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @1e10 said:
    Oops, somebody help me pls.

wget freevirus.com/How-To-Use-A-Malwared-Server.pdf

• J1021J1021 Member

@XxNisseGamerxX Can you download it for me?

H: 9.45.145.43
    U: root
    P: pa55w0rd

Thnx

• @1e10 said:
    Thnx

NetRange:       9.0.0.0 - 9.255.255.255
    CIDR:           9.0.0.0/8
    OriginAS:       
    NetName:        IBM
    NetHandle:      NET-9-0-0-0-1
    Parent:         
    NetType:        Direct Assignment
    RegDate:        1988-12-16
    Updated:        2011-09-06
    Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-9-0-0-0-1

lol.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

Was random numbers off the top of my head. I looked it up after posting and realised it belongs to IBM. :-)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

viCommunications said: The new TV show is coming out soon, "Game of Nodes" - primarily consisting of the protector of the realm, @jbiloh and ColoCrossings attempting to keep peace within the 7 server locations. While @GreenValueHost slowly attempts to take over the 7 locations by taming his 3 super nodes.

Ahaha, this made me laugh. +1

• @Oxide I just hope you guys stop 'run around' with tickets..

• n1kkon1kko Member

I have 2 UK servers with WLS been great

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited May 2014

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 36.9155 s, 29.1 MB/s

• UK WLS Node 52:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.82442 s, 137 MB/s

• Site is down for me, but pls update!

Linux s1.hostinganl.net 2.6.32-042stab074.10 #1 SMP Fri Mar 1 09:18:44 MSK 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

• FalzoFalzo Member

site works for me, kernel on my node is not newest, but somewhat newer than yours ;-)

2.6.32-042stab084.20 #1 SMP Mon Jan 27 00:40:08 MSK 2014 x86_64