Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Love Servers but not customers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We Love Servers but not customers!

When I first signed up with we love servers the service and support was awesome. Then, rather quickly, things went downhill. Multiple reboots, multiple downtimes. They deleted my entire VPS container one time. Everything was always 'my fault' or 'my config files' even though the exact same setup/config worked awesome on other providers. Never an apology that things were screwy. I have never had so much disgust for customer service. I will never again use their service, nor would I reccomend them to an enemy. I signed up for them because a lot of reviews here raved on their customer service. Well it is strongly lacking and plain disgusting. I could go on for days on the troubles with WeLoveServers customer support and downtime. It has been the worst experience with a VPS provider I have ever had. Screenshots of trouble tickets available upon request. (There are soooo many!!)

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• where is your vps located?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Post some screens would be interesting to see how worse they are.

• @asterisk14 said:
    where is your vps located?

It is in Orlando, FL one of the locations that had IPv6 yet I have not ip6 addresses again :P

• trexostrexos Member

UK is working fine for me till now. I've been using my box for 1 month now.

• @birdinatux Would ya mind pm'ing me the trouble tickets? (Just curious)

• I will get screen shots posted by this afternoon of some/all of the trouble tickets.

• My friend has also had his whole VPS deleted. I've still got my $19 a year VPS and it's still running OK, although performance is is kinda crappy but OK for the price.

• trexostrexos Member

@linuxthefish said:
    My friend has also had his whole VPS deleted. I've still got my $19 a year VPS and it's still running OK, although performance is is kinda crappy but OK for the price.

crappy?

• @trexos said:
    crappy?

Random reboots, network dropping out, slow network speed and low dd results (18 MB/s). $19 a year for free hosting server is still good, I will be renewing!

• akzakz Member

ive also got an idle $19 in FL the box gets rebooted or goes down at least 2-3 times a week. Havent had my files wiped tho as of yet.

• trexostrexos Member

@linuxthefish said:
    Random reboots, network dropping out, slow network speed and low dd results (18 MB/s). $19 a year for free hosting server is still good, I will be renewing!

Which location? Just did a dd in UK:
    root@vserv03:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.98494 s, 269 MB/s

Quite happy with mine.

Thanked by 1cause
  • @trexos said:
    Quite happy with mine.

USA somewhere, I did have their normal package one in the other USA location and that one was good. I'm on old node I think, but still perfectly fine for my use most of time (now is good).

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.8508 seconds, 83.6 MB/s

• swainswain Member

I was with them too for a while. The uptime and server consistency was horrible. I would wake up to 2 or 3 emails telling me my server went down. I too wonder how all their reviews are so positive.

• nimdynimdy Member

I have both a UK and a US vps from WLS. Had various issues but the UK one is fairly solid now. The US one on the other hand randomly reboots every few days. I don't have anything critical running on either so I think I'll cut my losses and move to another provider when my year is up.

• joereidjoereid Member

I've had one in Germany for over a year with no issues. Very pleased with WLS.

• OxideOxide Member

@birdinatux

Brian, can I have your ticket number? You can also email me at c.boswell [at] weloveservers [dot] net. I am usually involved in a lot of the ticket requests that come in and I do not recall an incident like this... please allow me to investigate and resolve any problems for you.

Chris

• RBHRBH Member

said: nor would I reccomend them to an enemy

I lol'd

• OxideOxide Member

said: They deleted my entire VPS container one time.

From what I gathered I have reason to believe that I have located who this client is, and found his support tickets. His VPS was never destroyed/deleted without his explicit permission - he did request us to reinstall his VPS a few months ago, so I can see why he might try to say that, but that isn't being honest nor fair because we confirmed with you in your ticket and got your permission before reinstalling your server.

said: Everything was always 'my fault' or 'my config files' even though the exact same setup/config worked awesome on other providers.

I reviewed all of your support tickets. I don't see one ticket where we said anything like this.

said: Never an apology that things were screwy.

If we did something wrong, we will always be the first to admit it and apologize to our customers.

I'm curious what your intentions are. From what I read from your support tickets we haven't done anything remotely close to what you are claiming (such as destroying your VPS)... email me at c.boswell [at] weloveservers [dot] net and let's see what I can do to help you.

Chris

• trexostrexos Member

@Oxide do you still offer vps in DE?

• OxideOxide Member

trexos said: do you still offer vps in DE?

Absolutely.

• trexostrexos Member

@Oxide said:
    Absolutely.

Do you offer your 512mB offer in de?

• Never said anything of the sort? Only deleted with my permission? No tickets complaining? LOL @ Chris we must not be reading the same tickets.

• OxideOxide Member

trexos said: Do you offer your 512mB offer in de?

Yep! Here's the order link: https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=27

Chris

• Another SS of the non existent tickets....

http://imgur.com/AjTcHiA

• OxideOxide Member

The node did not suffer any data loss whatsoever, nor did any other customer hosted on that node. We confirmed with you before we reinstalled your server.

I'm looking forward to your email so I can get involved and help resolve any problems that you are currently having (if any).

Chris

• So now the tickets do exist but you deny the datalosss ever happened? There is nothing to resolve as I am no longer in desire of the crap service. Just letting everyone know my experience!

• J1021J1021 Member

That doesn't really show much. Care to post the entire ticket?

• OxideOxide Member

birdinatux said: So now the tickets do exist but you deny the datalosss ever happened? There is nothing to resolve as I am no longer in desire of the crap service. Just letting everyone know my experience!

The data loss was not caused by us because the node did not suffer any data loss. It's possible you may have done something accidentally and unintentionally, such as removing an important operating system folder or something of that nature.

Chris