Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHT Keeps crashing my browser. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHT Keeps crashing my browser.

Comments

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited May 2012

Hmm... if it's not a corrupted HDD, then this sounds like the aftermath of an overheated processor.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: What about Cinnamon?

Never tried it, to be honest. I find KDE versatile and customization-friendly enough that I stopped hunting for new window managers years ago.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • yomeroyomero Member

Format and stop wondering what's the cause n_n
    Have fun

And stop going to wht :D

• @eLohkCalb said: Hmm... if it's not a corrupted HDD, then this sounds like the aftermath of an overheated processor.

Based on your description of the problem, I would also guess that you need to clean out your CPU Heatsink/Fan. Once the fan and heatsink start to get crudded up it will cause the cpu to start overheating causing the system to start hanging like you are describing after periods of use. Also I would run a memory test and make sure you do not have a memory module on its way out as well. It is never a bad idea to open up the system case and try and clean out as much dust as you can, weather it be on your hard drives, memory or cpu, the more that collects the hotter things will run. Good luck figuring it out.

• IntcsIntcs Member

error: Plugin is not responding, maybe LET is better for you. :p :p

• qhosterqhoster Member

Same issue here. Seems it is the Flash. They have peeling ads which seems causing this.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@GetKVM-Ash Best off buying off the internet with next day delivery and getting a nice Lenovo ;)

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

i'll be happy if one day WHT is replaced, i've seen very few forums run worse than WHT, and that's saying a lot.

• @taipres - Seriously??? Go fap silently in your room instead of trolling with your negative spew. sigh I think most 10 year olds could be more constructive to talk to than you.

Thanked by 2Aldryic MrAndroid
  • taiprestaipres Member

@TheLinuxBug said: @taipres - Seriously??? Go fap silently in your room instead of trolling with your negative spew. sigh I think most 10 year olds could be more constructive to talk to than you.

They take months to years to answer simple tickets, but have no problem issuing infractions/bans within a few seconds for little to no reason. They also unfairly close providers accounts. The only reason anyone cares about WHT is because their domains like a decade old.

• @taipres said: The only reason anyone cares about WHT is because their domains like a decade old.

CITATION PLEASE.

• taiprestaipres Member

@Daniel said: CITATION PLEASE.

Google favors old domains, in fact marketers are buying expired domains now more than ever because Google just won't give any new domains love for months and months(unless you have very little competition for keywords). In case studies the front page of Google consists of mostly domains 5+ years old. So web hosting talks ranks well for many related keywords, plus in the decade time they've managed to gather a following. But the forum is horribly ran, it's riddled with ads which makes it slow and lame, all their staff are volunteers who have no fear of abusing their power, again tickets aren't even answered for months to years, and the sites main focus in money that's why they sticky garbage overpriced companies, and force providers to pay for listings. The sad thing is, they like many forums that suck still attract enough consumers for them to be seen as relevant, but I assure you there are so many better web hosting related forums than WHT it's not even funny.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Google favors old domains, in fact marketers are buying expired domains now more than ever because Google just won't give any new domains love for months and months(unless you have very little competition for keywords). In case studies the front page of Google consists of mostly domains 5+ years old. So web hosting talks ranks well for many related keywords, plus in the decade time they've managed to gather a following. But the forum is horribly ran, it's riddled with ads which makes it slow and lame, all their staff are volunteers who have no fear of abusing their power, again tickets aren't even answered for months to years, and the sites main focus in money that's why they sticky garbage overpriced companies, and force providers to pay for listings. The sad thing is, they like many forums that suck still attract enough consumers for them to be seen as relevant, but I assure you there are so many better web hosting related forums than WHT it's not even funny.

Oh wait, is this because when you search for WebHostingTalk, CheapVPSDeals dosent come up?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • taiprestaipres Member

@Daniel said: Oh wait, is this because when you search for WebHostingTalk, CheapVPSDeals dosent come up?

Ok guy, well like Aldryic this is the last time I address you or read any of your posts. I hope my web host doesn't go after you for the DDoS and that you don't DDoS anyone else in the future. Have a good one.

• AldryicAldryic Member

Our condolences to your family.

• Look all, It is @taipres again....

Please for the sanity of all of us, you can read all the posts you like, but we would love it if you just wouldn't take the time to "address" any of them.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • taiprestaipres Member

Yeah look what you can do, spam the same lame image over and over. Don't they have a policy here about spam? At least get original with it.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2012

Well I keep secretly hoping you will get the point and shut the Fu** up and leave us all alone. I guess your not smart enough to get the big picture. I think a few others here have also tried to force feed you the same info, not all of them nice, and you seem to even in those cases have a hard time realizing it. Please either just read and keep your negative opinions and snide remarks to your self, or just leave altogether. All you do is cry about things and derail to your lame website all the time, frankly as hard a time as you give the staff here and the members of BuyVM that try to have constructive conversations here, it is surprising you have not yet been banned.

Why do you even come here, you would think with as much as you whine you would be spending time making your own forum and getting people to come there instead of continuing to lurk around here. As much as you bitch about LEB/LET you would think you wouldn't be around here anyhow.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • @TheLinuxBug That image still makes me giggle.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@TheLinuxBug said: Well I keep secretly hoping you will get the point and shut the Fu** up and leave us all alone. I guess your not smart enough to get the big picture. I think a few others here have also tried to force feed you the same info, not all of them nice, and you seem to even in those cases have a hard time realizing it. Please either just read and keep your negative opinions and snide remarks to your self, or just leave altogether. All you do is cry about things and derail to your lame website all the time, frankly as hard a time as you give the staff here and the members of BuyVM that try to have constructive conversations here, it is surprising you have not yet been banned.

Why do you even come here, you would think with as much as you whine you would be spending time making your own forum and getting people to come there instead of continuing to lurk around here. As much as you bitch about LEB/LET you would think you wouldn't be around here anyhow.

Ignored. Problem solved, not my advice to you is stop spamming the forum.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Hey I'm Taipres,

I'll complain about everything, claim I can do everything and anything better.
    I will command this forum with my crappy attitude, whether it's to join my website or try to alter the way LEB/LET is ran.

If anyone dares to challenge my opinion I'll ignore them because I think I'm superior.
    No - I am superior. I am the superior being.

By the way, you all suck like insects flying around a pile of shite. I am the greatest.
    You know it, I know it, let's get real here kids.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

Hi Elliotj, this isn't emo time my friend. Ignored. Eventually i'm gonna get to the creame of the crop and rid my forum experience of all the negative elements. Unfortunately your kind is on every forum, but that's why ignore is such an awesome feature. Hopefully in the future you'll consider actually contributing to this forum, instead of eating away at it, so others don't have to put up with you.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • ElliotJElliotJ Member

@taipres said: Hi Elliotj, this isn't emo time my friend. Ignored. Eventually i'm gonna get to the creame of the crop and rid my forum experience of all the negative elements. Unfortunately your kind is on every forum, but that's why ignore is such an awesome feature. Hopefully in the future you'll consider actually contributing to this forum, instead of eating away at it, so others don't have to put up with you.

You do make me chuckle.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • AldryicAldryic Member

@taipres said: my advice to you is stop spamming the forum.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@taipres said: rid my forum experience of all the negative elements

Door's to your left.

Also, our condolences to your family.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • KairusKairus Member

@taipres Can you ignore me too?

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Jeffrey
  • @GetKVM-Ash said: For some reason, every time i try and go on WHT its crashing my browser with a "Plugin is not responding" error.

>

haha... Your browser is probably in violation of one of their 10,000,000 ridiculous forum rules. Next time read the rules before you try to use an unauthorized browser...... :p

• specklspeckl Member

This thread is just one of the reasons I don't post much here. Kids.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@speckl said: This thread is just one of the reasons I don't post much here. Kids.

And yet you felt the need to post this.

• specklspeckl Member

Yes I did. WHT is a more respected community. You see threads actually stay on topic and not get hijacked by people trying to irritate the other members.

This forum is the most immature that I visit. If it wasn't filled with such childish remarks all the time then I'd be obliged to post and visit more frequently.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@speckl said: This forum is the most immature that I visit.

So... why bother hanging around?

@speckl said: You see threads actually stay on topic and not get hijacked by people trying to irritate the other members.

You mean hijacked by posts like... yours?

@speckl said: If it wasn't filled with such childish remarks all the time then I'd be obliged to post and visit more frequently.

If this is the best as your contribution gets, we'd rather you stay at WHT, thanks <3