Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEDICATEDMINDS BILLING PORTAL DOWN FOR TOO LONG - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DEDICATEDMINDS BILLING PORTAL DOWN FOR TOO LONG

Comments

• This time. Maybe it's not dead yet but if they want any chance of saving their company they need to be more upfront.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Back up here too.

@AThomasHowe said:
    For the sake of entertainment please make some more audacious and public threats in future.

I'll be sure to include the word 'scam' multiple times and present it in the form of a 'review'.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    This time. Maybe it's not dead yet but if they want any chance of saving their company they need to be more upfront.

Quite possibly, it does go down far more often that it should. This definitely isn't the first time it has went down.

• Nekki said: I'll be sure to include the word 'scam' multiple times and present it in the form of a 'review'.

DONT FORGET LOUD ANGRY TEXT

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

@AThomasHowe said:
    DONT FORGET LOUD ANGRY TEXT

And inappropriately placed swearing.

• Anyone have the URL for the VPS control panel?

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Control.dedicatedminds.com I think. Sending from phone so excuse my formatting.

• @Rob92 said:
    Control.dedicatedminds.com I think. Sending from phone so excuse my formatting.

That's it! Thanks.

• MunMun Member

@Jack said:
    How come you stopped recommending GVH?

I don't think I ever "recommended" GVH, but if you must know you can PM me.

Mun

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack said:
    LV_Matt you got proof he owns it?

Check the WHOIS history :)

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

almost 2-3 month back I tried warning the community in a thread abt dm.. but many people were supporting dm even though there support response was around 24 hours..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@niceboy said:
    almost 2-3 month back I tried warning the community in a thread abt dm.. but many people were supporting dm even though there support response was around 24 hours..

24 hour turnaround is nothing to be overly concerned about, I regularly get the the same turnaround from much bigger providers. If that was all you had to go on, no wonder no-one listened.

• The way dedicatedminds exited hosting market and is the worst exit i have ever seen.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@instatech said:
    The way dedicatedminds exited hosting market and is the worst exit i have ever seen.

Pretty sure ShardHost trumps DM, at least you know ahead of time that you need to GTFO.

• niceboy said: almost 2-3 month back I tried warning the community in a thread abt dm.. but many people were supporting dm even though there support response was around 24 hours..

How much do you pay monthly for your VPS and how much do you think it costs to hire someone to answer one hours worth of tickets? That's what you get with the low end. The compromise is you know what you doing yourself. Network or node issues are a different thing but in general a ticket being answered within 24 hours is fine.

• @Nekki said:
    Pretty sure ShardHost trumps DM, at least you know ahead of time that you need to GTFO.

Yes but they should have notified the clients that they are exiting the hosting market but it is now clear that they are not coming back.Everyone should take backup of their data and move to other host.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@instatech said:
    Yes but they should have notified the clients that they are exiting the hosting market but it is now clear that they are not coming back.Everyone should take backup of their data and move to other host.

Of course they should have done all those good and proper things, but it's hardly the worst exit ever.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    Of course they should have done all those good and proper things, but it's hardly the worst exit ever.

Maybe because i am not familiar with more worst host than dedicatedminds.

• Anyway

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@instatech said:
    Maybe because i am not familiar with more worst host than dedicatedminds.

Yeah, looking at your join date, you missed a lot of the epic ones.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: Yeah, looking at your join date, you missed a lot of the epic ones.

On that note me and Nekki are happy to announce our new company with plans starting at 10c per GB of RAM.

Payments must be in bitcoin or anything without disputes. No multisig.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@AThomasHowe said:
    Payments must be in bitcoin or anything without disputes. No multisig.

Added bonus! Every support ticket comes with a delicious steaming hot mug of shut the fuck up!

• DigitalVulture.cjb.net - coming 2014.

Reece resigned in 2013?

• it works......

the billing portal is up

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

@Nekki Probably I am ruined by my current providers like ramnode who reply the tickets almost instantaneously.. :)

@AThomasHowe I run a dozen vps and not new to low end arena. I usually expect that non critical tickets be answered within 24 hours(like setting up rdns etc).. and critical(server down/network issues) tickets be answered in 3-6 hours.

You may say that it may be a bit too much to expect.. But fortunately, most of my providers have always surpassed my expectations and continuously getting bigger and better.. :)

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@niceboy said:
    AThomasHowe I run a dozen vps and not new to low end arena. I usually expect that non critical tickets be answered within 24 hours(like setting up rdns etc).. and critical(server down/network issues) tickets be answered in 3-6 hours.

You may say that it may be a bit too much to expect.. But fortunately, most of my providers have always surpassed my expectations and continuously getting bigger and better.. :)

That seems realistic.

Interesting.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

Urgh double post chaos!

• they are now ...

sturdyvm.com