Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 40
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• wych said: Yay, double setup fee!

Yeah, well, it's still simply the best dedi deal you can grab. And even with setup costs, if you divide that in a few months of decent usage, it isn't much either.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • akzakz Member

nice finally got my VAT removed, had to call their UK support and ironically Jenny@OVH picked up and got my account fixed up after approx a week.

• wychwych Member

@djvdorp said:
    Yeah, well, it's still simply the best dedi deal you can grab.

I think we use our dedicated servers for different purposes ;)

• @akz said:
    nice finally got my VAT removed, had to call their UK support and ironically Jenny@OVH picked up and got my account fixed up after approx a week.

Wait, You just phoned and they helped you? Every time I phone, they say they do not deal with kimsufi and it's all done through the forum. No exceptions.

How did you do it?

• akzakz Member

@C0mpass said:

I phoned into the ireland support and that was the run around they gave me. So I called the UK support line and apparently thats where Jenny works out of and I explained the situation to her that I already have servers and my next invoice is due in a week. She identified the issue where I just entered the initial in my last name (apparently they need the FULL name in their panel even though my documents correspond). She told me she would expedite the VAT for me and a week later today when I checked the VAT is removed she was also kind enough to refund me the VAT I had previously paid.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

Try posting in the French section of the forum, support seems better there. (Obviously post in French)

• @hotsnow said:
    I have posted on their forum 10 days ago, although asked many times in these days, no any effect, even nobody reply, perhaps still need at least another 10 days :(

Well, it took me exactly 2 weeks to get my account validated and VAT removed, from the day I mailed them the documents

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2014

the one thing I find about Kimsufi is that if you are missing the slightest info they wont even bother to respond. It is up to us to know and chase down what is going on. For my situation I did a last initial instead of the full last name but they never bothered to tell me until I checked the 3rd week in. (their panel is retarded as well they tried to tell me to update it on the panel but even they didnt know that their panel doesnt allow you to make changes to your personal info at all)

• J1021J1021 Member

akz said: the one thing I find about Kimsufi is that if you are missing the slightest info they wont even bother to respond. It is up to us to know and chase down what is going on. For my situation I did a last initial instead of the full last name but they never bothered to tell me until I checked the 3rd week in. (their panel is retarded as well they tried to tell me to update it on the panel but even they didnt know that their panel doesnt allow you to make changes to your personal info at all)

The service is extremely cheap and unmanaged.

• akzakz Member

@1e10 said:
    The service is extremely cheap and unmanaged.

I know what their service is, but if you are wrongfully charging users tax and implement a process wouldnt it be a good idea to reply the email to let them know what the issue is? This isnt tech support we are talking about this is VAT removal which has nothing to do with the service itself.

• They are still issuing ks-1 N2800 in France. I got mine a little while ago.

• @akz said:
    I know what their service is, but if you are wrongfully charging users tax and implement a process wouldnt it be a good idea to reply the email to let them know what the issue is? This isnt tech support we are talking about this is VAT removal which has nothing to do with the service itself.

Not to be a ass towards OVH ( I call it PROVH ) but from the spam of the forums it seems like most of their customers are from outside of the VAT area and they should just make a system like OVH US which removes the VAT depending on your location. They are so unorganized, like 2 weeks to click a button is sad.

• @SriKolla said:
    They are still issuing ks-1 N2800 in France. I got mine a little while ago.

Seems to be already a few weeks ago. Hopefully they'll change it soon. ;) or is there a way to still grab a n2800 one?

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited June 2014

If you go to https://kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=142sk2, you can still order a KS-2 with an N2800 (at least it says so on the order page).
    I haven't tried it, though, so I can't say if they will actually process the order.
    Going by the order page's HTML, the new KS-2 will have the order code '142sk7', which doesn't seem to be valid yet.)

• J1021J1021 Member

ucxo said: If you go to https://kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=142sk2, you can still order a KS-2 with an N2800 (at least it says so on the order page).

I haven't tried it, though, so I can't say if they will actually process the order.

Doubt it will work. My D425 showed as N2800 on the order form.

• the website seems to be independent from the order form. don't trust the order form if the website says different.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • All right, but does anybody of you know what they'll give you instead because you've ordered something..

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: All right, but does anybody of you know what they'll give you instead because you've ordered something..

A D425?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

That's indeed the product code for a N2800 KS2, however someone I know tried ordering via this link, and at the final stage it said "No payment method - please contact us". So perhaps they have disabled this way of ordering the no-longer-listed server via such backdoor by using a direct link.

Also since the current model of KS2 listed on the website is a D425, you really have no basis to complain even if the link works but what they deliver ends up being a D425.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2014

You've tried?

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: You've tried?

I ordered from the website, the website showed D425. My invoice showed N2800 but I was given a D425.

• Ok.. what's your mind on using this cpu for cPanel hosting?

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: Ok.. what's your mind on using this cpu for cPanel hosting?

Don't.

• What using instead? Maybe another provider?

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: What using instead? Maybe another provider?

Are you selling cPanel accounts?

• Yes.

• J1021J1021 Member

Then you shouldn't be considering Kimsufi. You need a server with a RAID setup, faster CPU and better support. Look at SoYouStart.

• Support isn't so important. It should be less than 15€/m.

• J1021J1021 Member

webcraft said: Support isn't so important. It should be less than 15€/m.

If a disk fails and it takes weeks for Kimsufi to replace it then your clients aren't going to be happy.

• I see, but raid would lower this risk.. Do you know a good provides which offers such?