Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of EU vps providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lack of EU vps providers

Comments

• There's really plenty. You just have to know where to look.

If only we had a blog that did that...

Wait, what?

Anyway, I've planned my next surprise post in a week or so on LEB. I'm not sure which one to publish yet, though.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

mpkossen said: Anyway, I've planned my next surprise post in a week or so on LEB. I'm not sure which one to publish yet, though.

Do I get sneak previews/first dibs on these now?

• @Nekki said:
    Do I get sneak previews/first dibs on these now?

You could if you pay me enough. I'll send you the address for the cheques.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mpkossen said: You could if you pay me enough. I'll send you the address for the cheques.

Oh mans, I don't think I even have cheques anymore!

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@mpkossen said:
    There's really plenty. You just have to know where to look.

If only we had a blog that did that...

Wait, what?

Anyway, I've planned my next surprise post in a week or so on LEB. I'm not sure which one to publish yet, though.

How do locations work for offers that do not fit into those locations. Do you chose the closest location from the list?

• AndreiAndrei Member

@instatech said:
    Hello,i see a lot of US based deals here coming everyday.But EU based vps are difficult to find.Even the few EU host here are not in match with what US vps provider offer here.So why there is lack of EU providers?I want everyone to tell what they think.I myself want more EU based deals and i think it is the time for providers to go for EU.

Hello!

We are launching new DDoS protected services in France very soon (in a matter of days) so keep checking our website!

Regards,

Andrei

Thanked by 1instatech
  • larslars Member

Lack of EU providers? Why say "EU" as opposed to "Europe?"

Not all European countries are in the European Union. Why would you exclude the rest of Europe when buying a VPS?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@lars said:
    Lack of EU providers? Why say "EU" as opposed to "Europe?"

Not all European countries are in the European Union. Why would you exclude the rest of Europe when buying a VPS?

Just for convenience, it's quite obvious he used it as shorthand for Europe. Stop being a dick about things, go and join UKIP or something.

• larslars Member

@Infinity said:
    Just for convenience, it's quite obvious he used it as shorthand for Europe. Stop being a dick about things, go and join UKIP or something.

EU is shorthand for European Union, not Europe. .eu is the domain for the European Union, not Europe, it is just annoying, like when people use "ect" instead of "etc". :D

And please don't bring politics into this, the UK is in the European Union anyway so what is your point?

Also, left-wing countries such as Norway and Switzerland aren't in the EU.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

@lars said:

Alright whatever makes you happy . I don't like to argue in such small matters.

• @Virtovo said:
    How do locations work for offers that do not fit into those locations. Do you chose the closest location from the list?

I'm not sure I understand you.

• larslars Member

@instatech said:

I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted to point something out which somehow annoys me. :P

• @lars said:
    I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted to point something out which somehow annoys me. :P

OK you increased my knowledge. :)

Thanked by 1lars
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member

@mpkossen said:
    I'm not sure I understand you.

That makes two of us! On the LEB page, there are location categories under headings. For instance, 'Europe' only has certain countries listed. If I offered a service in Poland; how would it fit into those categories, do you choose the closest?

• larslars Member

@Virtovo said:
    That makes two of us! On the LEB page, there are location categories under headings. For instance, 'Europe' only has certain countries listed. If I offered a service in Poland; how would it fit into those categories, do you choose the closest?

I wouldn't take that menu list literally, it isn't really updated. There are many other European location offers, which countries are not on the list.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2014

Virtovo said: do you choose the closest?

No, its added.

There obviously was no "Austria" before EDIS.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • larslars Member

@William said:
    No, its added.

If that was true, where's Iceland, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, etc?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    That film looks appalling, even the openly flaunted of cleavage of Buffy The Vampire Slayer's younger sister can't save it.

It's actually really funny if you like silly comedies.

As for costs I thought bandwidth was cheaper in Europe, but IPs and power are more expensive?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    It's actually really funny if you like silly comedies.

I actually do like silly comedies, I recently very much enjoyed Anchorman 2 and 21 Jump Street. Based on this information, would you still recommend this movie to me?

Thanked by 1instatech
  • WilliamWilliam Member

I liked it, was not that bad - But you need to be intoxicated to watch it.

• WilliamWilliam Member

lars said: If that was true, where's Iceland, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, etc?

Not all are added, they are in the Europe category then.

• There's sa lack of providers in the EU? I think there's just as many as the USA, if not more. Try finding a good provider in South America or Africa. There's even dedicated servers for like 10 EUR in the EU.

• What is also very difficult for European providers is the horrible current EUR/USD exchange rate. No problem if you sell to European customers only, but eating nearly any profit when offering VPS's in $, for example to post an offer here on LET :(

+1 Vote to allow European providers to post offers in €, so €7/month

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2014

So why so few Alabama, USA providers? Why so few Mississippi providers? Why so few Arkansas providers? I could go on with the list of US states with nearly no known providers... In fact most USA offers are concentrated in maybe only 10 states.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

For example I see 2-3Euros VPS offers in EU so i dont see a reason to say to expensive and 3Euros is under 7$

• vpsXtremevpsXtreme Member
    edited May 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    For example I see 2-3Euros VPS offers in EU so i dont see a reason to say to expensive and 3Euros is under 7$

Yes, but please also compare the offers. You still get more RAM in $ then in € offers, due to the current exchange rate. And when you get the same, believe me, in Europe then they surely make lesser profit!

So European providers can't compete with US providers, when they have to post the prices in $ and below $7.

Every European company exporting to $ markets currently has this problem. That's why for example German cars manufacturers have opened factories in the US, to counteract the exchange rate problems.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

@vpsXtreme Nope, 1024MB OpenVZ for 3Euros https://myvirtualserver.de/vps.html

Its just a cheap excuse.

• @Virtovo said:

Ah, like that. They just don't fit in that block. Those are actually just tags of the most popular locations and not all locations are listed in it. In a sense, it's somewhat outdated, so I'll have to see if we're going to do something with that in the future.

• William said: I liked it, was not that bad - But you need to be intoxicated to watch it.

Or twelve. Euro Trip is one of those movies like Ali G Indahouse that I loved when I was younger (probably because it was rude) and I still get a laugh out of. Not sure I'd like them if I saw them for the first time today.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Ah, like that. They just don't fit in that block. Those are actually just tags of the most popular locations and not all locations are listed in it. In a sense, it's somewhat outdated, so I'll have to see if we're going to do something with that in the future.

I vote you add more or just add a Categories sidebar widget with a dropdown to expand (that is if they use child-cat's properly), would give the exotic locations a bit more exposure!