Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of EU vps providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lack of EU vps providers

Hello,i see a lot of US based deals here coming everyday.But EU based vps are difficult to find.Even the few EU host here are not in match with what US vps provider offer here.So why there is lack of EU providers?I want everyone to tell what they think.I myself want more EU based deals and i think it is the time for providers to go for EU.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

Comments

• xDutchyxDutchy Member

EU is more expensive.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

it might has something todo with overall costs? i'm not sure.

but yea, more EU providers would be great.

Thanked by 2instatech sz1hosting
  • Europe is more expensive in terms of hardware, ips, bandwidth, power than the US and there are lots of NL providers.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

That film looks appalling, even the openly flaunted of cleavage of Buffy The Vampire Slayer's younger sister can't save it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

YAY Everyone is hiding in NL, EU is big :D

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • zionvpszionvps Member

Asian vps is ever harder to find than EU. Maybe someday we will try to bring it to let

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

I want vps not just in NL location but others EU countries as well.Also deals close to US based providers.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2014

There are no shortages of EU providers, just because they don't come here with $7 offers is not a reflection of how many there are. You just need to look harder.

• I have some eu locations coming soon ^_^ inbox me this weekend for details as i can not post a offer for another week : )

Thanked by 1instatech
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    There are no shortages of EU providers, just because they don't come here with $7 offers is not a reflection of how many there are. You just need to look harder.

I think he means EU providers on LET / small price tag.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

@instatech said:
    I want vps not just in NL location but others EU countries as well.Also deals close to US based providers.

There's plenty mate. You can quite easily get Germany, UK, Spain, Sweden and Romania to name but a few (I even got one in Russia a couple of months back), with a pretty wide range of price points covered. What is you want that you think you can't get?

Thanked by 1instatech
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    There's plenty mate. You can quite easily get Germany, UK, Spain, Sweden and Romania to name but a few (I even got one in Russia a couple of months back), with a pretty wide range of price points covered. What is you want that you think you can't get?

There are plenty, just not in the $7/month range.

I could easily mention a handful in Sweden but they want somewhere around 125 sek (use your favourite currency converter) per month.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I think it would be better to say the US is overcrowded, there is not a lack of eu hosts, but when compared to the us there is.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • jhjh Member

Colo Crossing isn't in the EU

Thanked by 1Prestige
  • CakeyCakey Member

Well I can make you a sweet VPS on my server in Svalbard, Longyearbyen for about $400 a month, it has a nice 8 Mbps line.

@MikHo said:
    I could easily mention a handful in Sweden but they want somewhere around 125 sek (use your favourite currency converter) per month.

Well still Sweden isn't the cheapest place to have your hardware at either as there's a lot of taxes (Such as owning your own company which ends up being 51% taxed)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jhadley said:
    Colo Crossing isn't in the EU

Ha!

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited May 2014

There's actually a reasonable number of EU Providers:

RamNode

Vultr

DigitalOcean

HTTPZoom

Nodedeploy

OpenITC

OVH

i-83

MyRSK

BHost

Winity

Backupsy

Prometeus

Theres a lot more than what I stated above, just these are the most well known in my opinion

Thanked by 1instatech
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member

I would recommend Hosthatch as well. I am very pleased with their Sweden SSG KVM.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@rmlhhd You forgot prometeus, Italy. One of the best with good prices and not in NL :-)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Mark_R said:

Indeed, and like I said, there are many, that they don't advertise here does not mean there is a lack of them. You just need to put a bit of effort into finding them.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@HWAYS said:
    I would recommend Hosthatch as well. I am very pleased with their Sweden SSG KVM.

Thanks! We're one of the most "best value" hosts in Sweden as a few have told me :)

Doing business in Sweden does indeed come with more cost to us but we've decided to price it the same as our US offerings.

Thanked by 1instatech
  • nerouxneroux Member

Edis is also rather active in Europe.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

if EU is lacking. i wonder, how I should call Asia? Rare? :)

• wychwych Member

@sirmbhe said:
    if EU is lacking. i wonder, how I should call Asia? Rare? :)

This, there are a few EU providers out there.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

@wych said:
    This, there are a few EU providers out there.

It is better to have fewer but better in term of quality (and price - to the second place) - i think. But still, more provider means more competition, which will bring the price down and more innovation.

• souensouen Member

Yourserver.se ran a special last month, DC is in Gothenburg.

EDIS used to offer smaller plans, don't know if those will ever be back, now only 512 MB RAM OVZ and vservers at EUR 4.99/month. OVZ in IS and AT, Vservers are in more locations (DE, CH, IT, RU etc.) if VPN is not needed (no tun/tap). Given that some of the locations have overall higher costs the plans are all right.

• wychwych Member

@sirmbhe said:
    But still, more provider means more competition, which will bring the price down and more innovation.

More innovation maybe, price can only go so low due to the higher IP costs in the EU.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    That film looks appalling, even the openly flaunted of cleavage of Buffy The Vampire Slayer's younger sister can't save it.

Ja, it was really crap. Don't know why I watched it in the first place...

Imo there are plenty of good EU providers, we don't need all the trashy providers, there are less summer kiddehs doing EU because it's a much larger initial investment.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

@wych said:
    More innovation maybe, price can only go so low due to the higher IP costs in the EU.

I was wondering. Which one is more expensive, EU or Asia both in IP price and VPS price? I am not a provider, and only have few VPS on US. :)

• WilliamWilliam Member

Asia, by far.