Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH Password Reset? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH Password Reset?

Comments

• LESLES Member
    edited April 2014

greenannoyhost... preparing for next spam round in 12 hours

• @AlexanderM @Bella @hostnoob @Rob92 @Fliso @graca @rldowling03 @Nekki @mpkossen @ub3rstar @yywudi

Guys could you please list a providers that you're using (having accounts)?
    Best will be if you're using just few providers and others can confirm if they having accounts with them also.

This way it will be easier to find which database abusers are using.

• @alexvolk said:
    AlexanderM Bella hostnoob Rob92 Fliso graca rldowling03 Nekki mpkossen ub3rstar yywudi

Best will be if you're using just few providers and others can confirm if they having accounts with them also.

I also have accounts at HostUs.Us and ChicagoVPS.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

@alexvolk said:
    AlexanderM Bella hostnoob Rob92 Fliso graca rldowling03 Nekki mpkossen ub3rstar yywudi

BlueVM, Hostus.us, ChicagoVPS, Prometeus, DigitalOcean, Cloud Shards, INIZ, GreenValueHost, Nodisto (Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity.io), Delimiter, Ramnode, Crissic, Intronet, Virtovo, MyCustomHosting, Inception Hosting

daveshah said: I also have accounts at HostUs.Us and ChicagoVPS.

Then that narrows it down to HostUs.us. Note that this includes any accounts that you previously cancelled services with. I don't use the same email at GVH and ChicagoVPS.

• So if someone was abusing the password reset function and not and admin doing it from the panel, would there be a log that said that ip addressees the reset requests were coming from?

• @darknyan said:
    Then that narrows it down to HostUs.us. Note that this includes any accounts that you previously cancelled services with. I don't use the same email at GVH and ChicagoVPS.

I have also used both ChicagoVPS and Host.us

• GVH drama:

GVH

• @alexvolk said:

I don't have hostus.us and received like 10 pw resets.

I have:

• Crissic
    • Reversehosts
    • Backupsy
    • prometeus
    • MyCustomHosting
    • Netcup
    • OVH
    • RamNode
    • Torqhost
    • Liquid-Solutions
    • CloudShards
    • Vultr
    • InceptionHosting
  • I have an account with GVH, but didn't receive any email. I wasnt a client of ChicagoVPS or host.us though.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Personally I only have an account with GVH, Iniz and BlueVM.

But you do know it doesn't matter? They are running the cron job so it's resetting all the GVH Users passwords.

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited April 2014

On phone and not going to type out the list since I need to look some of them up again :) Will post back when I get access to a laptop later today.

Also I don't use/have accounts with Chicago VPS or host.us

Update with list of hosts I have accounts with:
    GreenValueHost
    DedicatedMinds
    Crissic
    XLvps
    DelimiterVPS
    DigitalOcean
    McMyHost

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I don't have accounts with either hostus or CVPS anymore, so there's no link.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

It has the hallmark of internal incompetence rather than a hack, but that's just my opinion.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @Nekki said:
    I don't have accounts with either hostus or CVPS anymore, so there's no link.

If someone was using at database leak to submit password resets it would include all the emails of all current and all previous/inactive clients.

• 1.01 hack IMO. Maybe just the database. Some goon creating password resets for fun. All part of the vps-hosting-nothing-better-to-do-than-circlejerk fraternity. hope the host isn't materially affected if it's true.

• I would advise anyone that has a GVH account to change their personal information as the email you're receiving is coming from an admin account.

When you reset your password you get a confirmation email first and then it sends you the email all of you're receiving, if an admin changes your password you get the email all of you're receiving.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Jack said: He isn't, he is just banned from advertising.

Oh really? I didn't know that...when did that happen?

Isn't advertising on LET the entire GVH business model..

• LeeLee Veteran

Actually I suppose it could be a hack, as has been seen on here before, when a host gets too "up" on themselves the grudges emerge and people start looking for the exploit in the system.

Given GVH is made up of people with zero life experience never mind technical ability it is likely than an exploit was not so hard to find by someone who knows what they are doing and went looking for it.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • Agreed. They should just turn off the box. Figure it out. Be honest with what's happened, and move on.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @black said:
    I made this for you, LET.

I love you dude.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I wonder if someone:

(a) took a list of emails from some provider's previous leak (e.g., CVPS database)
    (b) wrote a script to request a password reset for each email from GVH
    (c) let it run endlessly

In which case it'd be easy for a competent admin to identify where all the resets are coming from and block...

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

PcJamesy said: If someone was using at database leak to submit password resets it would include all the emails of all current and all previous/inactive clients.

I was never a customer of one and had my details removed from the database of the other on request.

• Come on it's not easy to fix things when you're stuck in English class and your company is being hacked. Let's give Jon sometime to finish his homework, do his household chores and then he will be able to play on his computer and fix all of this mess.

• no xbox360 for you today Mr. GreenValueHost !

• LOL!!!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@darkshire said:
    GVH HQ:

Best image I have ever seen.

• Ian_Ian_ Member

So how about that whmcs automation cronjob? I guess that cron job is stuck in a infinite loop. But thanks for the chuckle on blaming the software! So when is the vp of ops or director of ops going actually man up and tell the TRUTH!

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • For what it's worth I'm a former customer (canceled early last month) and I haven't received any emails about my password being reset. I did however receive the one they sent informing people that they were investigating the issue.

This discussion has been closed.