Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite VPS Host And Why? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your Favorite VPS Host And Why?

Comments

• Stallion is a custom panel written from scratch (that works extremely well, IMO, and is more user-friendly than Solus).

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@quirkyquark said: Stallion is a custom panel written from scratch

I always thought Stallion was SolusVM just recoded to make it look like their own?

• Oops.. Sorry...

Forgot to add :

• EvoRack : Because I never have any problem with them, and all I need to do is only one installation, and one configuration, so I almost forget it :D
      Most of all, never have any downtime. Except I reboot it. Support is nice and friendly :D
    Thanked by 1Jonny_Rackulous
  • AsadAsad Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said: What's the difference between SolusVM and Stallion?

@quirkyquark said: Stallion is a custom panel written from scratch (that works extremely well, IMO, and is more user-friendly than Solus).

I'd like to see for myself :P My favourite provider has written their own control panel which I love, it's great. SolusVM is ugly and horrible, and things sometimes break.

• @AsadHaider said: I'd like to see for myself :P

Do you need a screenshot?
    Or an account? :p

• @CVPS_Chris said: I always thought Stallion was SolusVM just recoded to make it look like their own?

You've got it a bit backwards: from what I understand, it's coded from scratch and they've gone and reused the old SolusVM skin. The only really fancy neat part is the login screen.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Can I derail the thread saying that I like hostbluff?

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • AsadAsad Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Do you need a screenshot?

Or an account? :p

Either would be great :P Just tried to sign up but it's all out of stock. I've read the BuyVM/SolusVM thread and would like to see for myself.

Any idea who owns EvoRack? Just found something wrong with their order system that let's you order any product for free.

• @AsadHaider said: Any idea who owns EvoRack? Just found something wrong with their order system that let's you order any product for free.

Yes, I saw it too..
    When I clicked an order, there is some that listed for free.

Maybe you can contact @Jonny_Evorack in here. He is still monitoring this forum

Thanked by 1unixguru
  • edited May 2012

Hi @AsadHairder, indeed, we're having a few internal issues processing USD at the minute (we're working with the guys from WHMCS about this). If you wish to place an order, please use GBP :)

ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd, a UK based I.T. solutions provider, owns and operates Evorack. We are a passionate team who like to make sure that things are just "done right" and that our customers are smiling :)

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@Jonny_Evorack said: Hi @AsadHairder, indeed, we're having a few internal issues processing USD at the minute (we're working with the guys from WHMCS about this). If you wish to place an order, please use GBP :)

Oh ok, good to hear. Just didn't want anyone to abuse your order system and place a lot of orders.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: EvoRack : Because I never have any problem with them, and all I need to do is only one installation, and one configuration, so I almost forget it :D

Most of all, never have any downtime. Except I reboot it. Support is nice and friendly :D

Thanks for your lovely comments :) It's always great to see customers who are happy with our service!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: I always thought Stallion was SolusVM just recoded to make it look like their own?

Wouldn't that be our own then? :)

Stallion1's a mess in the backend code but that's simply because I was the only coder and had to chew through it in a month and a bit. Solus has no excuse for how they did it.

Francisco

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2012

My Favorite VPS Hosts

(#1.) Bhost - High up-time, quick support response, easy billing, never slow -- Had a VPS with them for over a year -- and never had a problem that couldn't be resolved with a quick ticket to their support desk. I have never had a problem using my resources and network is always responsive. I think I have experienced network issues only a few times, usually related to a DDOS that was resolved quickly. (OpenVZ VPS)

(#2.) NewHOST.ro - Until some recent issues during an unplanned migration this VPS has the second highest up time of all my vps's. Even with the issues their support has been quick to respond to tickets and their staff seems to genuinely care about their customers. Have had a vps with them for over a year as well, with the only downtime I had limited to recent issues that have been resolved. Great network for being in Romania and decent routing as well. (OpenVZ VPS)

(#3.) EvoRack - (Since Aug 2011) I purchased a vps from them before they were participating on LET. The vps has always been... well... awesome. Current up time of 65 days, but all reboots and maintenance has been announced. These guys take their servers seriously, one of the cheapest Xen offers I have had, well supported, and reliable network with decent routing. I actually like their ssh control panel method, little different than most, but it works! (XEN VPS)

(#4.) Hostitek - (Since Oct 2011) I have had vps's with these guys for a while, in fact two, one in Kansas and one in the Netherlands. Service is reliable, on occasion issues with slowness on the US node, but decent up time. Haven't had to put many tickets into them, but the few I have are usually addressed quickly. Haven't been with them as long as the others, but haven't had any reason to not like their services as of yet. They have a great choice of networks and the two I have have really nice routes and fast networks. (OpenVZ VPS)

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited May 2012

my pick will be Amerinoc.

Amazing uptime(9/10), **
    **amazing support(10/10)

good network speed(10/10)
    and hardware resources(10/10)

My pick was amerinoc 6 months ago, 6 months later and a godzillion other hosts, amerinoc still takes the throne as being the best and fav. vps host . I have no idea why they are not popular on LEB (price i guess)

• InsidieaInsidiea Member
    edited May 2012

+1 for ChicagoVPS, when I first got it, I was surprised as it wasn't oversold as I expected it to be.

Uptime: (9/10) (Node 31 was offline for several hours)
    Support: (10/10) I think they consist of like 2 staff employees, yet they reply to my tickets blazing fast.
    Network (10/10) I usually get 8-9MB/s
    HDD (9.5/10) When I first got the VPS it was somewhere around 105MB/s, and after a few months I guess they stuck some more people on my node because it's usually around 80-95MB/s now.

@Insidiea said: +1 for ChicagoVPS, when I first got it, I was surprised as it wasn't oversold as I expected it to be.

Blushes

• subigosubigo Member

@cosmicgate said: my pick will be Amerinoc.

Amazing uptime(9/10), **

**amazing support(10/10)
    good network speed(10/10)
    and hardware resources(10/10)

My pick was amerinoc 6 months ago, 6 months later and a godzillion other hosts, amerinoc still takes the throne as being the best and fav. vps host . I have no idea why they are not popular on LEB (price i guess)

What kind of CPU do you get with them? Can you post the output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo"?

• @TheLinuxBug said: (#3.) EvoRack - (Since Aug 2011) I purchased a vps from them before they were participating on LET. The vps has always been... well... awesome. Current up time of 65 days, but all reboots and maintenance has been announced. These guys take their servers seriously, one of the cheapest Xen offers I have had, well supported, and reliable network with decent routing. I actually like their ssh control panel method, little different than most, but it works! (XEN VPS)

Thanks for the nice comments :)

• DoznDozn Member
    edited May 2012

Loving BuyVM atm, 300MB/s+ HD transfer rates (I've heard of 400+ for others), download 20->50MB/s, and a bunch of very open and knowledgeable people on their IRC channel, who have helped me considerably through the learning process.

• debugdebug Member

@subigo said: What kind of CPU do you get with them? Can you post the output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo"?

-22:27:23- [root@timberwolf ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 42
    model name      :           Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping        : 7
    cpu MHz         : 3392.465
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 8
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 4
    apicid          : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc arat pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
    bogomips        : 6784.93
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: [8]

processor       : 1
    core id         : 1
    apicid          : 2
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc ida nonstop_tsc arat pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm
    bogomips        : 6784.61

processor       : 2
    core id         : 2
    apicid          : 4
    bogomips        : 6784.49

processor       : 3
    core id         : 3
    apicid          : 6
    bogomips        : 6784.48

Their 2GB plan.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

C an I say @Hostbluff?

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@tux said: Carstensz Pyramid Server - their LU location is excellent

thanks for your GREAT comments.. :D yeah, our LU Server now become favorite location for our customers/clients, but we've had an issue with root.lu ip allocation :( so we can't adding a new node in there until now..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@miTgiB said: The only VPS I pay for is from RocketVPS, and it is still too new to really rate it. I've rebooted it once over the past 3 months to reimage it with CentOS and make it a 3rd server in my PowerDNS cluster, nagios has never said a peep about it, so no news is good news.

Well, the thread was "your favorite VPS host". I suspect your favorite is probably Hostigation. They probably give you cash kickbacks to say that.

I'm curious to see how RocketVPS develops. KnownHost is great - but it's not an offering for everyone since you're paying managed prices for managed support. KH uses Virtuozzo and no burst memory ... Rocket uses OvZ and burst.

BTW, you want to talk about wacky TOSes...

"Upon expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically renew for up to three successive renewal terms of the same length as the Initial Term (each a "Renewal Term") unless RocketVPS or Customer provides the other with written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable. "

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Hostigation
    Dragon
    AllSimple
    BlueVM

• VPS-

BuyVM
    Hostigation
    Ramhost

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VolumeDrive and I'll tell you why. High resource allotment, surprisingly high performance most of the time (for the price+resources), and not a care in the world what anyone thinks. No effort to pretend they're more than they are, really friendly guys, an impressive ability to keep adding customers without completely trashing every system and line. It's like if BuyVM stopped caring about anything above adequate performance and set their stock at unlimited.

So basically they're awesome, bad, good, and cheap. They're unique, that's for sure. I don't even use them right now, I just find them interesting and I've used several of their systems for personal favors, hosting non mission critical content for friends or family.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

and ChicagoVPS. Just bought one now. Very Excited

@jcaleb said: ChicagoVPS. Just bought one now. Very Excited

Me as well :-p

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: So basically they're awesome, bad, good, and cheap.

That's....an interesting view :)

Francisco