Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite VPS Host And Why?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your Favorite VPS Host And Why?

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited May 2012 in General

My favorite host has to be: HudsonValleyHost http://hudsonvalleyhost.com. I've had a VPS with them for quite some time now, the ONLY time the node I am on was rebooted was when they notified me they needed to upgrade the kernel.

[root@oxygen ~]# uptime
16:58:03 up 100 days,

Sure, they are a bit pricey, but awesome. Their support is also great. They know what they are doing, they have been here since 2003!

So, what is your favorite VPS Host and why?

Comments

• Linode, it just works.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

RAMHost/TinyKVM.

Incredibly fast little box, great value for money.
    Although it's probably my smallest LEB, it's the one I use for pretty much anything and anything.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Definitely RAM Host. Really stable, been hosting a few VPSes with them for over 2 years total now, and I especially like the no-bullshit support (just getting a direct response to questions in a ticket, rather than a bunch of sugarcoated rubbish around it). Additionally, I don't think I've ever experienced even a single node reboot aside from the Kansas migration - at least not that I can recall.

In second place come VPS-Forge and Cinfu, which are both quite stable and reliable. VPS-Forge has very friendly and direct support as well (and only had an unannounced reboot once or twice due to hardware failure), and Cinfu is really cheap, accepts Bitcoin, and is quite stable - the only real issue is that there's an unannounced reboot about once every 2 months or so. Don't really know about their support, never needed it.

All of the above have excellent performance.

• JacobJacob Member

Yep, I second hudsonvalleyhost.. Ernie is a amazing guy and we host our SolusVM Panel with them.

• VictorVictor Member

I haven't used other hosting companies in a while, but the last time I did, it was from VPSLatch, and they were the best I've used. They had great price, great performance, great support and great management. But that was all before getting sold to HostDime, so not so sure about it now.

• Hostigation.
    No thrills, no gimmicks, no promotions- just a solid service and great price.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • ElliotJElliotJ Member

@vpsfraud said: Hostigation.

I can second this.

My experience with RAMHost and Hostigation have both been great, it's just that London is closer to me. :)

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited May 2012

Probably Inception Hosting or Hostigation.

Inception's Network is pretty amazing and Hostigation's support is top notch.

• dirkdirk Member

Must be Vooservers
    Each smallish issue there is they notify customers, and each time I had a question I got a response within a hours often even minutes.
    They are TOP!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

The only VPS I pay for is from RocketVPS, and it is still too new to really rate it. I've rebooted it once over the past 3 months to reimage it with CentOS and make it a 3rd server in my PowerDNS cluster, nagios has never said a peep about it, so no news is good news.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited May 2012

@DotVPS said: $3.99/month ,30GB of disk , 1GB of RAM and Lots of bandwidth.

$4?

• fanfan Veteran

My VPS's with Ramhost and RocketVPS(with 50% off) are ones that I won't hesitate to renew, I get decent price and performance from them.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited May 2012

@DotVPS said: I got it in Kanas moved to Manchester.

>

Oh so you have 1500GB bandwidth?

I should also add this is my favourite vps for its UK location as well (:

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited May 2012

@DotVPS said: Yes @Jacob said he was going to put it to 500GB due to cost of it in Manchester but I told him id never use it all so he let me off.

Yep, compared to american prices its stupidly more expensive in the UK. The only minor bug for me is there isnt a option to buy more but for the price I pay I cant complain at all, the only option was to upgrade to a higher package but I wont use nearly all the extra resources.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I have a whole site on my favorites :-)

http://www.vpsadvice.com

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

I've decided that EDIS is my favorite. For $7 a month I get a reasonably fast KVM w/ 512MB of ram and 2TB of bw in Chicago and the freedom to use it how I want (very nice AUP/TOS) plus its only 20ms away from me so its great for VPN use.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

My vote is ChicagoVPS. Surprise surprise.

• flyfly Member

linode

• Virtualbox on my computer because it is free... loljk.

My favorites are AllGamer, BuyVM, ChicagoVPS, Hostigation, and RAMHost.

All 5 have been excellent.

• tuxtux Member

Carstensz Pyramid Server - their LU location is excellent

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • AsadAsad Member

Anyone heard of IntoVPS? Have a few servers with them, which I use for my everyday stuff. Also use a few random companies all over for mirroring backups.

Signed up to ChicagoVPS a few days ago to use as a dev box, and so far that's been pretty great. I can't beat the value for money I'm getting with them.

@DotVPS said: I heard they were crap why you think they're good?

@AsadHaider said: Signed up to ChicagoVPS a few days ago to use as a dev box, and so far that's been pretty great. I can't beat the value for money I'm getting with them.

For reasons like that. Customers love us, no denying it. You guys are all hung up on the 5-10 customers that were not happy with us out of our 3000+ customer base.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@CVPS_Chris said: You guys are all hung up on the 5-10 customers that were not happy with us

No, I believe they get more hung up over your attitude than anything else :3 Every company has haters, you're just one of the few providers that willingly hands them more ammunition :P

• ZeroZero Member
    edited May 2012

I am a Prometeus/IperWeb fanboy.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Andri

@Aldryic said: you're just one of the few providers that willingly hands them more ammunition :P

Its been stated before in multiple threads here. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Zero said: I am a Prometeus/IperWeb fanboy.

Every time I read 'fanboy' here, I think of this. <_<

• For me, hm.. :

• BuyVM : no need much to configure the system, just reinstall the OS, configure the webserver/vpn/pptpd, and all done. Most of module were already loaded. And also nice support :)
    • Prometeus : High resource, all ready. Fast and Friendly support :)
    • SecureDragon : I'm still new with them. So not much to say except fast support :)
  • AsadAsad Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said: - BuyVM : no need much to configure the system, just reinstall the OS, configure the webserver/vpn/pptpd, and all done. Most of module were already loaded. And also nice support :)

Heard a lot of good things, might try them out for a month. Also really hate using SolusVM, their Stallion control panel sounds good.

• ZeroZero Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: Every time I read 'fanboy' here, I think of this. <_<

** evil laugh **

• @AsadHaider said: Also really hate using SolusVM, their Stallion control panel sounds good.

What's the difference between SolusVM and Stallion?