Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

backup vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

backup vps

Looking for lowend backup vps

ram/cpu does not matter
20-30 GB hdd
from well known provider
Us mid/east coast location
lowest yearly price if its possible.

Comments

• Backupsy

• I'm able to do this at $42.00. Interested?

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Amazon Free Tier. Cost: $0/year for first year, assuming you've never used the free tier before.

VPS is free (shared core, 768M RAM)
    Inbound bandwidth: free
    30GB disk: free

If you ever need to restore more than 15GB/mo, you'll pay 10 cents/GB for outbound bandwidth. But presumably backups will be frequent and restores very rare.

http://aws.amazon.com/free/

• ivanhivanh Member

Ramnode Atlanta:
    https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=11
    Promo: WOWNUM1

RAM: 128MB

HDD 50GB SSD-cached

Price: $14.88

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Google Drive, 100GB for $1.99/mo = ~$24/yr

• I went with ramnode. thanks guy :)

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@Maximum_VPS thanks for reminding me about you and your service. My very first VPS was with urpad, and I still have urpad vps until today, urpad network isn't that great but their node is very stable and very useable, my second vps was with bandwagonhost which I hosted my website there for a year without any problem, at the end of the service with bandwagonhost Dan didn't offer bigger vps at that time so I moved my website to iniz for about 1-2 months until now. My original plan was moving my to weloveserers but I was not happy with colocrossing network from LAX to SEA. If I remember correctly colocrossing went from LAX, --> somewhere to NY or maybe chicago --> then come back to SEA. I had weloveservers vps for maybe 2-3 months since I bought at blackfriday sale but did not do anything to weloveservers the whole time until I prepare moving my website there (test io/network). weloveservers support at least very was friendly and Christ was nice to offer my full refund even after 2-3 months with them. If I didn't have problem with colocrossing network routing, I would have been with weloveservers until now.

After my thread about you @Maximum_VPS / Tim, LowEND.co was nice enough to offer me a very similar kvm setup with your kvm at the same price. So far so good with LowEND.co and Michael Long handles tickets very professional and friendly.

ramnode is my latest vps, after install few packages and yum update, I only have ramnode ssd cached vps few minutes until now but I can say ramnode i/o network is very impressive, the fastest I have ever had, everything i run is like bam bam bam done, unfortunately their price range is a bit over my budget. sadly i can afford their lowest plan with coupon for backup purpose x_x. I wish can can afford bigger plan to host my website there.

I guess it's a short review for what I have used. @Maximum_VPS you were nice enough to let me try out your service at low price, but your vps is somewhat very slow compare to those who I have been with, but the way you handle complaint tickets was (is ?) very unprofessional. I maybe was not happy with your vps speed, I maybe wrote something that made you unhappy but I was professional all the time.

Anyway, good luck with your journey @Maximum_VPS feel free to contact urpad, bandwagonhost, iniz, weloveservers, lowend.co if I'm an abuser or acting unprofessional.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited April 2014

独 Dear @namhuy

• @namhuy - I hear my name! I'm happy to see that you are happy with our service.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @Maximum_VPS said:
    独 Dear namhuy

interesting there's a chinese word. you know chinese? next time we could talk in chinese for ticket? :P

• @rajprakash said:
    Google Drive, 100GB for $1.99/mo = ~$24/yr

I assume he's looking for a VPS.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@Maximum_VPS thanks for spending time look over my comments :) You know, it's not about the provider or the service, it's all about the customer service. I don't know if you know about freepgs ? I have been with them for years. freepgs was a free shared hosting service, after that they charged one time payment, later on until today there is a monthly/yearly payment. I don't remember how long I have been with them. Since the day I only know how to use html until now I can configure a vps myself. As you know I have several active vps, but I still host my client's websites with freepgs. Ed (I think he owns freepgs) is super friendly and very helpful. He answers tickets very fast and he takes it very serious/personal. Ed always know what hes doing and very knowledgeable. I have no way associate with freepgs since i signup with them many years ago because it was free. Now i think it's about $6 or $10 yearly something. Its not about the price, it's not about vps or shared hosting, but's its all about the customer service/support. Freepgs was free and now charging small yearly fee for shared hosting, you know sometime Ed (don't know how to say it correctly, over care?) takes it very personal just for some questions from me or even problems. I believe they have dedicated boxes and kvm depends on the location, but generally there is no downtime, and website/wordpress hosted with them run very smoothly.

That's the support or customer service I'm talking about which keeps me with freepgs (low priced share hosting) (or Ed) until now.

edited April 2014

@george more like 许多 祿

辩解 我的 中国的

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    george more like 许多 祿

辩解 我的 中国的

Totally!

• @Maximum_VPS said:
    george more like 许多 祿

辩解 我的 中国的

ok you're using google translate, not native chinese speaker.

• davidavi Member

For backup only ramnode 128 MB RAM with 50 GB harddisk is good. This cost nearly $15. Crissic also has $15 yearly with 512 MB ram and 100 GB hardisk and 2 IP4.

• @namhuy do what you must its your game, yes, there are others, treat them well :)

@george YES!! :p

@yywudi yes google translate, but at least i try ! unlike most hear at LET ... sorry if i mislead lol just doing my best to learn ;)

• @Maximum_VPS yup there are many others out there, but some aren't that professional and friendly.

edited April 2014

@namhuy you may have thought (I-WE) were bad dear sir ... just wait, YES you ARE banned from our services etc but you may find better or WORSE out there in the LE* world. It is up to you to find what you need/want/ or requre out there in the jungle ;)

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

The reason i was banned from @Maximum_VPS is very questionable and debatable since you are the one who deleted all the proof / service without any notice. What made me pissed the most is I spent like 4-5 hours continuously that day to configure centos/nginx and suddenly couldn't keep working on it. Ticket #710310 magically disappeared the same moment my vps was cancelled.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @namhuy I will not comment on the past. In the mean time maybe take what i have already said to heart and move on dear sir.

:)

• it should be finish. just move on
    sometimes we don't really need to know why why why....

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • ehabehab Member

i also recommened Crissic also has $15 yearly with 512 MB ram and 100 GB hardisk https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=4

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • cececece Member

I have a vps idling with MaximumVPS. It's a 64M kvm . At first ,I messed up the system , then asked a reinstall ,It was OK .But be told will be charged $5 next time . And the VPS is $8/year . I tried to install os myself , several hours later ,I got a mail said my vps got too much load . That is IMPOSSIBLE. I didn't ask for anything or contact the provider,but learned a good lesson that I will never touch any other provider beside ramnode prometeus securedragon inceptionhosting buyvm . It's not only a waste of money but also your time. And Please Never try to use google translate with Chinese, It sucks. Chinese is quite different with indo-european languages such as English, Germany. You cannot anticipate a nice convertion like English to Germany. Such as “日你先人板板” ,which in google translate you will only get May your ancestors plate board . or "日你妈", which in google you will get
    "Rini Ma" totally Romanization word of Chinese. and "日你妹", this time google make a better convertion "date your sister", but still miss the real meaning. And IMO,without a native speaker's help , you will not get them. Do your own homework,please.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • @cece you should be able to install your OWN OS when and if you order a vps ovz or KVM.

While your business is appreciated most multiple installs/reinstalls come out of any staff time in ANY LEB/LET market, notably it is out of the price range of lowend ... multiple REINSTALLS FROM ISO are a hindrance to those who need support for any other issues. Not to mention any KVM ISO install is a GIFT from the start.

@cece Since you have made it QUITE CLEAR how unhappy you are with our services PLEASE pm us on LET with your account information so you can get a FULL REFUND for your IDLE VPS so you can take those funds to another host/find a host to better suit your needs.

Oh and sorry about the google translate, i will find another way to assist me in learning Chinese symbols.

• @cece Since you have made it QUITE CLEAR how unhappy you are with our services PLEASE pm us on LET with your account information so you can get a FULL REFUND for your IDLE VPS so you can take those funds to another host/find a host to better suit your needs.

This discussion has been closed.