Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which web browser do you use? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which web browser do you use?

Comments

• alessioalessio Member
    edited October 2014

never mind

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Nothing beats the performance of Google Chrome.

• Chrome. Opera devotee until it became a Chrome-alike -- still have 12.x installed for testing.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

we use Google Chrome + Safari

• Chrome+Firefox, Firefox has much more extensions.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OneNote clipping in Chrome and Firefox has always been flakey for me. So I use IE.

IE 11 is not your grandfather's IE 6. Web browsers have evolved to the point where I find them pretty indistinguishable.

I find Firefox to be a memory pig and a memory leaker.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited October 2014

many of you use firefox, but I found it slow as compared to chrome.

• Recently I am moving to Google Chrome

• Maxthon in Linux.

• I've been using Chrome for a few years, no regrets. FireFox was okay when I used it in the past, no idea how it is now.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Mostly Firefox. It's a matter of principles.

Also, Internet Explorer for casual browsing on Windows. Safari on my iPhone.

• Just moved from IceDragon to Firefox as the first is slow to update things. IceDragon still is still based on Firefox 26 while latest Firefox is 32.

Using Chrome only when I need the translation feature.

• Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Anyone using the Google Chrome Canary? It's a 64bit version of Google Chrome but in beta.

• Firefox.

I have Chrome installed for testing, but I never liked it enough to want to switch as my main browser. I have tried a few times, but Chrome was always lacking in some way. Missing an equivalent extension, chugging memory, crashing on some terrible JS (that froze Firefox for minutes, but didn't crash it), not including a feature, or just being too much of a difference for no perceivable reward.

• @detruire use some stable version of chrome, it won't crash.

• @TheKiller said:
    detruire use some stable version of chrome, it won't crash.

That was a couple of years ago, but it was the stable version (if by stable you mean not Canary or something like that.)

• @TheKiller said:
    use some stable version of chrome, it won't crash.

I wouldnt say I experience regular crashes, but from time to time Chrome still crashes and this actually surprises me as their multi-process architecture should prevent this (not a tab is crashing but the entire browser).

It seems that Chrome is still somewhat more lightweight than Firefox (starts up faster, reacts sometimes more swiftly, ....) but - as @Detruire wrote - as for extensions and settings Firefox is still much in the lead.

Nobody any comments on IE though (and please only serious comments and no 2000s FUD)?

• A mix between Chrome, Firefox and Sleipnir. That's what I'm using :)

• I use Chrome / Firefox

• alessio said: as for extensions and settings Firefox is still much in the lead.

Yep he has point in it. Chrome lacks extensions as compared to FF, but time will tell.

• @alessio said:
    never mind

Hey @neroux, I thought you wanted to leave this place? I can unban your original account if you want, I mean, it's been auto-banned for using a disposable e-mail address. If we fix that, you can have it back.

• Huge fan of Firefox too. I was using Chrome for a short while until it become slow and kept crashing.

• emgemg Veteran

I use a variety of browsers, depending on the operating system and the intended use.

One note: Adobe Flash is notorious for security vulnerabilities, so it is not installed on my systems. There are a few websites (such as my bank's website) that require Flash to work. My solution is to use the native browser on most websites, but Chrome for those few websites that require Flash. Flash is included within the Chrome application, which lets me eliminate access to Flash for all other applications and browsers.

• Those days that you were making your own browser in Visual basic, or even Powerpoint...

I am using Cassabrowser Firefox

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited October 2014

Used to use Firefox, still do when I'm at work or my desktop. However Chrome on Android, iOS en OSX uses less resources then Firefox.

• @mpkossen said:
    Hey neroux, I thought you wanted to leave this place? I can unban your original account if you want, I mean, it's been auto-banned for using a disposable e-mail address. If we fix that, you can have it back.

Please dont post off-topic, use the Cest Pit or send the user a PM. Flagged

• Chrome

• Mainly Safari.