Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which web browser do you use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which web browser do you use?

Comments

• Bring Flock the social browser back :(

• BradBrad Member

Chrome

• Mozilla firefox.

• I've been using Chrome for years now and can't go back to Firefox. Firefox is so unresponsive sometimes.

• Always Chrome

• Firefox on PC. Opera on tablet and mobile.

• Firefox. I use mozrepl for a lot of browser automation and it's set as my default. Chrome is noticeably faster but lacks the privacy element, I occasionally use Chromium.

• Comodo IceDragon / Firefox.
    Chrome on windows 8 is terrible.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

I use Firefox and google chrome

• @namhuy said:
    Huge fan of firefox, I do have Chrome installed, but it's just for web development purpose only.

On the contrary!

Huge fan of Chrome, I do have Firefox installed, but it's just for web development purpose only.

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2014

Firefox now, Firefox in the future, Firefox forever!

Thanked by 2Inglar kkrajk
  • Both FireFox and Google Chrome

• Hmm... does anyone know why Chrome doesn't have a separate proxy setting window?

• souensouen Member

Firefox. Has more customisable settings and many useful extensions. Opera was another favourite of mine until they switched to Chrome and dropped a lot of great features.

• Primary browser of choice is Chrome, but if I'm gaming and need to look something up I fire up Firefox, as it doesn't have all my pinned tabs that load on startup. My computers are all... less than powerful. I also use IE on the rare occasion I need to log into the DRAC card in the Dell PE2950 I have, as it works best with IE.

• Hate chrome caus it logs everything from the omnibox to their servers. Firefox with crash and health reporter disabled = more privacy.

• varwww said: Hate chrome caus it logs everything from the omnibox to their servers

You can disable that, also Firefox does the same thing from their search box (even just typing in a partial URL) because Firefox still makes requests for optimisations.

• Today my Internet access went down. Oh well, I carried on what I was doing -- developing a site that sat on a LAN server. I use Firefox as my main browser.

Opened Chromium to check layout, and the site wouldn't load. Nothing hosted on the LAN would load in Chromium with the Internet down. Dumb.

• @DalComp said:
    Chrome on windows 8 is terrible.

Ok, why?

• @george said:

Mostly because I can not select text using the touchscreen.

• @DalComp said:
    Mostly because I can not select text using the touchscreen.

And this didn't help I assume http://superuser.com/questions/547305/google-chrome-how-to-select-text-with-touchscreen?

• It actually works but sometimes I do not use my keyboard, hence no shift button. Kinda defeats the purpose of a tablet.

Also, I change right click touch duration so I can hold shorter for a right click. This works on everything but Chrome, which sticks with the original/default/longer duration.

Shortcut, on Firefox I can press ctrl+click to open a link in a new tab. Doesn't work on Chrome as it still opens the link on the same tab. Need to open right click context menu but the longer duration above...

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

I've been using Chromium (on Linux) for a few years now and it's always been awesome. There's a wealth of extensions (not saying that you can't find alternatives on Firefox) available on GitHub and the Google Store.

One of the best points is that Chromium devs also work on the Pepper implementation of the Flash player, so I've got Flash even though support was officially dropped by Adobe quite a while ago.

• Safari.

• DalComp said: Doesn't work on Chrome as it still opens the link on the same tab

What? I use this everyday. And I've only found Chrome to allow the Ctrl-Click on the back button to open a new tab.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

Firefox has always been very accurate and powerful for me. As second choice i'd pick Opera, the inbuild torrent client is a nice extra feature and it is overall good performing just like firefox.

• @Silvenga said:
    What? I use this everyday. And I've only found Chrome to allow the Ctrl-Click on the back button to open a new tab.

Firefox does that too.
    Hmm... Yeah it's working on Chrome now (just updated to latest version), though I'm sure it wasn't sometime ago. But still unable to select text using touch only.

• DalComp said: But still unable to select text using touch only.

Why not use the Metro Interface?

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • Mark_R said: As second choice i'd pick Opera

Opera uses most of the code of Chrome now. Chrome extensions are fully compatible with Opera.