Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH in Amsterdam - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH in Amsterdam

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

@Rallias said:
    You started selling before you had justif approved?

He is starting new drama over here, i dont wanna be called slander or something kind like that, but i saw their pre-sales stated clearly they will be provisioned in 24 hours, but YET all the transparency isn't revealed, like is the server up or anything else. So lets enjoy this, i buy alot of pop corn.

@MannDude said:
    Good luck though.

You make the point..... Here another pop corn for you plus a large of soft drink

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2014

http://pbrd.co/1iMncYT

GreenValueHost 11:58AM
    So you brought back NL yearly to compete better against us? I'm flattered
    The war for low end Amsterdam has begun. :)

Seems desperate to me, a little big headed too if you think you're direct competition to INIZ. Have fun with the renting E3 game trying to match us and making a loss then boasting your "inflow".

Thanks for the good morning laugh (Y)

• iSkyiSky Member

Dont worry @INIZ either he depressed because got complaining or making another drama of excuse again, so lets grab pop corn to watch the drama

• @GreenValueHost wow, @INIZ offers rock solid servers, not oversold crap.

Competing with INIZ, or any decent provider for that matter, is a thing you could only dream about.

Thanked by 20xdragon Infinity
  • @GreenValueHost please unsubscribe me from your marketing list per 15 USC 103.7706(e). thanks.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • iSkyiSky Member

@chauffer he isn't oversold, he just like what we said at here "Jual Ikan Asin" you may ask @erawanarifnugroho what does it means, it worse than word oversold

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @GreenValueHost please unsubscribe me from your marketing list per 15 USC 103.7706(e). Thanks.

Also, you'll never win in NL.

"Your crap is oversold, son."

I'm surprised you've made it this far with the BW allocations you give. ;)

• iSkyiSky Member

@0xdragon wanna see their offer at NL, will be there 16GB Ram 480 Storage and 400TB VPS offer for the opening ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sad thing is, people WILL buy plans from GVH despite their being some really top notch hosts like Iniz, Ramnode and Inception already there, due to them offering more resources for the money.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Yeah people rather have a lot of (oversold) theoretical resources, I mean who needs actual resources?

Everyone at LET just idles their VPS' anyway :')

• BruceBruce Member

this thread is for discussion of GVH's new offering in NL. please keep the discussion ON TOPIC, otherwise I'll ask an admin to close it.

if you want to post hate messages about GVH, there's other threads for that, or you can create your own.

people choose to buy GVH services, for their own reasons (mainly price). Personally, I think I'm getting what I pay for. if you want to post about NL, please do so.

• What's pricing like for NL? What hardware involved? DDOS protected?

• BruceBruce Member

@Virtovo said:
    What's pricing like for NL? What hardware involved? DDOS protected?

very little detail. same price/spec as per US it seems. they just mention 4 locations, one being NL

one thing that is nice

One-time Linux Server Hardening Service - Advanced Linux server hardening/security auditing service for all flavors of Linux Contact sales for more information ($10.00 USD One Time)

something like that should be easily offered by ALL hosts, considering the number of "I got banned for running an insecure server" posts we see here.

one thing I DO NOT like on the GVH signup form is that you can specify your root password. that is asking for trouble. they should create a password automatically, then email it to you. surely that would be more secure that choosing you own.

• @Bruce said:
    one thing I DO NOT like on the GVH signup form is that you can specify your root password. that is asking for trouble.

Isnt that what most hosts have on their WHMCS?

• @Bruce said:
    one thing I DO NOT like on the GVH signup form is that you can specify your root password. that is asking for trouble. they should create a password automatically, then email it to you. surely that would be more secure that choosing you own.

I think I'd rather specify a root password over https than have one sent in plaintext via email.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Virtovo said:
    I think I'd rather specify a root password over https than have one sent in plaintext via email.

It's still sent vie email either way

• @AlexanderM said:
    It's still sent vie email either way

Well the idea would be that it then wasn't sent via email.

• BruceBruce Member

@Virtovo said:

email can be sent using TLS now :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Virtovo said:

just place a dummy password (like ilikehotdogs), then SSH and change it. That's what I do

• BruceBruce Member

for those who ordered the NL service from GVH, what's it like?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Bruce said:

Mine hasent been delivered yet ;(

• @Bruce said:

There aren't any offers anymore or are there? Their 70% offer wasn't really a good offer if you compare it to their other offers, so I didn't go for NL with them yet, my box with them in NY is pretty stable though.

• @tr1cky Chicago seems okay too. I bought a box for dev so i don't mind too much about stellar quality but it has been okay so far. the first few days were a bit patchy on uptime robot including over an hour of downtime once but since then it has been up for over 400 hours so I can only assume the extended downtime is explained by the improvements.

http://i58.tinypic.com/iftwlz.png

I don't think these guys are too bad for personal boxes, I may look at an NL one at some point. I think GVH know they have a lot to prove still though.

• BruceBruce Member

@tr1cky said:
    Their 70% offer wasn't really a good offer if you compare it to their other offers

NL is more expensive to host from, so I wouldn't expect the almost-free offers seen for US nodes. but apparently you can move from one location to another, so those on the cheap deals might benefit from that.

• BruceBruce Member

Choice of 4 Locations Nationwide

US owns NL it seems ;)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited April 2014

@Bruce said:
    NL is more expensive to host from, so I wouldn't expect the almost-free offers seen for US nodes. but apparently you can move from one location to another, so those on the cheap deals might benefit from that.

Wait... how can I switch a server to another location with them?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    Wait... how can I switch a server to another location with them?

Ticket?

• @Nekki said:

But I'm quiet sure they wouldn't switch my 48$/year 6gb ram, 250gb hdd, 75tb bandwidth vps to NL or do they tell you somewhere you can always move your instances?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

If you don't raise a ticket, you're not going to know. Get to it, Mr Lecter.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

I opened a ticket with them and a certain developer who made a "VPS info/password storage panel" replied with:

This is not possible currently. We will send out another email when we are able to move VPSs to this location.