Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH in Amsterdam - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH in Amsterdam

Comments

• P2P and that BRRip stuff... it's still BDRip :)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I'm still waiting for the North Korea expansion that was supposed to be released a while ago :(

Thanked by 2darkshire tux
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited April 2014

Our next LET offer will be posted Monday or Tuesday. NL expansion is set for that time as well as our launch of pure SSD VPSes with 1GB/s+ IO in Chicago. Bandwidth deals will be crazy in Amsterdam; stay tuned guys!

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We've decided that we are going to be temporarily abandoning our Amsterdam expansion plans and we are going to focus on making a more stable infrastructure and presence in the 4 locations that we already offer our services in.

That was April 6th.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@SkylarM said:
    That was April 6th.

It was only temporary :) and by saying stuff line that perhaps bring in one or two more sales on the other locations from customers who actually wanted NL but couldn't keep their hands of yet another vps deal.

• iSkyiSky Member

I pray there no more thread complaining about this or that, i'm out of popcorn and beer

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • cibaciba Member

I had a plan on the LA server and I'm getting 30+MB/s for I/O speed. I raise a ticket to support and they told me the I/O speed for my plan is throttled, and this wasn't mentioned at all in the offer.

• @ciba said:
    I had a plan on the LA server and I'm getting 30+MB/s for I/O speed. I raise a ticket to support and they told me the I/O speed for my plan is throttled, and this wasn't mentioned at all in the offer.

Is it OpenVZ?

• cibaciba Member

@serverian said:Is it OpenVZ?

yeah it is, and now the tech support tell me it wasn't mentioned in offer page "Because the abuse only started after the offer was posted."

that's so wow!!

• @ciba said:
    yeah it is

Weird, I don't know any working solution to throttle OpenVZ containers' IO.

• cibaciba Member

The only good thing is that i managed to get my refund instantly. Just pity those who are on that plan.

• pity those who are on any plan

• @serverian said:
    Weird, I don't know any working solution to throttle OpenVZ containers' IO.

I'm not too versed on OpenVZ; however: http://openvz.org/I/O_limits ?

• @Virtovo said:
    I'm not too versed on OpenVZ; however: http://openvz.org/I/O_limits ?

That does not work.

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited April 2014

On LA4 just then:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.43105 s, 167 MB/s

Not too shabby.

My main issue is that the cPanel license I pay for is currently showing expired.....

• cibaciba Member

Mine was on LA4 too.

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 30.9964 s, 34.6 MB/s.

Anyway, i have terminated it since there's no point keeping a plan that's being throttled secretly.

• cibaciba Member

Well, it's more of I don't like being a paying customer and being secretly throttled with no comms done at all.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

For how much someone may hate GVH, you got to give it to them about the refunds, never been a problem for me or others on LET.

• @AlexanderM said:
    For how much someone may hate GVH, you got to give it to them about the refunds, never been a problem for me or others on LET.

i could name a few users here whom would disagree.
    cough @iSky cough......cough

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • @Jack said:
    I have only seen you post stuff about GVH to be quite honest with you.

@Nekki said:
    To be fair, only 3 of 19 threads have been about GVH.

lol, fail.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Our next LET offer will be posted Monday or Tuesday. NL expansion is set for that time as well as our launch of pure SSD VPSes with 1GB/s+ IO in Chicago. Bandwidth deals will be crazy in Amsterdam; stay tuned guys!

Will customers be able to get their VPS moved from US to NL?

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited April 2014

@hostnoob said:

i wouldnt expect any actual customer service from @GreenValueHost
    -#JUSTSAYIN

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited April 2014

@darkshire said:
    -#JUSTSAYIN

I may email them. I don't mind if it takes a week or so because the first few days will be kids running dd and wget all day long :P

To be fair I've always had a quick response from their support team though

• @hostnoob said:

Yes of course. :)

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited April 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Yes of course. :)

Interesting if client can move their vps to NL.

Greetings Valued Clients,

You've asked for it, and we're delivering it! Due to increasingly popular demand and our recent newfound success as the web hosting industry's #1 budget premium hosting provider, GreenValueHost is expanding to Amsterdam, Netherlands in Europe!

To reward our existing clients with active services for their continued business and patronage, we are having a LIMITED TIME ONLY 24-hour PRESALE!
    Order now with these special coupon codes (valid for the next 24 hours only) and you could SAVE BIG (UP TO 70% OFF) on hosting services in Amsterdam! These coupon codes are available for IMMEDIATE USE. Orders will start being deployed/provisioned/activated starting Monday evening, first come first serve. The faster you order, the faster you can test out of new European location!

LIMITED TIME ONLY 24-HOUR PRE-SALE PROMOTIONS (You won't find any better promotions after this ends, so hurry now!)

Hurry now, these coupon codes will ONLY last for 24 more hours and are valid for our new European location launch! Secure your chance to save BIG now! Don't wait -- Hurry now before the promotion ends!

If you have any questions or require any assistance, please contact us through our support ticket helpdesk and we'll always be more than happy to help.

Best Wishes and Regards,

The GreenValueHost Team

• Thanks everyone for your pre-sale orders so far! :)

We're waiting on PhoenixNap to approve our IPv4 justification form and everything is on schedule for orders to start being provisioned tomorrow.

• GreenValueHost said: We're waiting on PhoenixNap to approve our IPv4 justification form and everything is on schedule for orders to start being provisioned tomorrow.

You started selling before you had justif approved?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

You've asked for it, and we're delivering it! Due to increasingly popular demand and our recent newfound success as the web hosting industry's #1 budget premium hosting provider, GreenValueHost is expanding to Amsterdam, Netherlands in Europe!

Funny. In all the GVH threads I've not yet seen any 'demand' for Amsterdam. Most the other demands... are, well... not related to service locations.

Good luck though.

• our recent newfound success as the web hosting industry's #1 budget premium hosting provide

Didn't you sell the Web Hosting clients?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @hostnoob said:

if you want move your unmange vps to difference location it cost $4 one time fee