Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad business practice. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad business practice.

Comments

• makes us both stupid :-)

@Brad said:
    If an amateur cries on a forum about how he didn't receive his part of the deal and calls me stupid, what does that make him?

• marcmmarcm Member

Das ist ja unglaublich!

• well i don't mind admitting I was silly to do it without a contract.

@marcm said:
    Das ist ja unglaublich!

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

I usually refrain from posting on LET threads but seriously, if you were willing to sell your company for a tiny amount of cash and a measly dedicated server then the company probably wasn't worth much to you at all and this thread is doing nothing but making YOU look bad.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@rocksolidvps said:
    I was busy with a full time job, Azzavps was getting very busy.
    I spoke to chirs he said he didnt have much to spend.

Chris previously stated he spends $50,000 per week on hardware alone, though I believe he later recanted and said it was per month.

So you must have been pocket change...unless...gasp...

Thanked by 1Lee
  • rocksolidvpsrocksolidvps Member
    edited March 2014

Wow!!! < you handsome man >! who said it was a tiny about of cash??

@GreenValueHost said:
    I usually refrain from posting on LET threads but seriously, if you were willing to sell your company for a tiny amount of cash and a measly dedicated server then the company probably wasn't worth much to you at all and this thread is doing nothing but making YOU look bad.

• Yep pocket change im sure.

big difference between 50k per week and per month.....

@raindog308 said:

• Chris - I hope your watching the poll results.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

Haha looks like you're in for it @CVPS_Chris

• Yes he did lie to me, i do know that, but i was desperate.

@GreenValueHost said:
    What does that tell you?

• marcmmarcm Member

rocksolidvps said: Yes he did lie to me, i do know that, but i was desperate.

No one's judging you, however what do you think you're going to accomplish now with this thread? IMHO what's done is done. I did things in my life like bad deal for which I have kicked myself, however I always knew that after the deed was done there wasn't much else that I could do.

• I do know.. and yes Ive kicked myself over it many times.

however I think that there are some people that are not very honorable and deal abit dirty.
    I think people have a right to know when a deal has been done and in part people have been mislead around the true owner of a business and how that might effect other businesses they own.

@marcm said:
    No one's judging you, however what do you think you're going to accomplish now with this thread? IMHO what's done is done. I did things in my life like bad deal for which I have kicked myself, however I always knew that after the deed was done there wasn't much else that I could do.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2014

rocksolidvps said: Chris - I hope your watching the poll results.

In my personal opinion, your poll question doesn't necessarily relate to what you're claiming has happened.

Your poll question "Should providers be honest about what other providers they are purchasing?" does not reflect the 'purpose' behind your post. People voting 'yes' aren't necessarily voting to support you, they're voting on the basis that they agree with the statement that providers should tell everyone who they're purchasing.

A better poll question to reflect what you're trying to say is: "Should providers fulfil their end of the deal when buying someone else out?" In all honesty, even if you were to use this it wouldn't come close to reflecting their opinion on this specific situation. Both your question and the hypothetical question above are items that are common sense.

Also, there's not enough information for anyone to draw a conclusion as to who's in the right/wrong.

TL;DR: The results of your poll don't reflect how many people support/don't support you.

/rant.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

We can't have any day without drama, isn't it?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

I would like to address this, since obviously hes upset over such a miniscule amount. Yes the deal was for a very small amount of money and a free dedicated server for a few months.

I was/still am willing to give it to him and this is just a misunderstanding. As I told him before, after the sale he disappeared. Stopped showing up on skype and I didnt hear from him for about 3-4 months so I didnt think much about it.

He messaged me recently asking about it out of the blue, I said I would still give it to him no problem.

What is going on here is that he doesnt understand how busy I am and expected it to be up within an hour which isnt the case and I think its very childish for what he has done instead of being patient.

Case closed, no more to discuss.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

netomx said: We can't have any day without drama, isn't it?

@netomx you've been here longer than me, so you know that two years ago a thread like this would have gone down in flames with a meme fest to match, lots of drama and buckets of popcorn. I'd say that these days it's pretty civilized.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited March 2014

marcm said: Thanked by 1ChrisMiller

I did not mean to thank that...

Edit: Where did this unthank button come from? That's new.

• marcmmarcm Member

ChrisMiller said: Where did this unthank button come from?

I was about to point that out. I don't know why you would thank me for that previous comment, lol ;-)

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited March 2014

marcm said: I was about to point that out. I don't know why you would thank me for that previous comment, lol ;-)

Looks like it was implemented a couple weeks ago. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/483199/#Comment_483199

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

@ChrisMiller anyway, something totally unrelated and funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9aiYvfXOc

• What a professional guy, this rocksolidvps... What kind of business is a sell without papers and then, the seller whining in a forum with a... poll?!!! You sold your business without proofs because you were busy, and you asked for an exchange a rental dedi? How old are you? 5? The title of the thread is wright, "bad business practice" but not from Chris end, but from yours! Not to mention about your clients who (including me) didn't ever stated that the company was sold...

Thanked by 2mpkossen Mark_R
  • marcm said: @ChrisMiller anyway, something totally unrelated and funny:

When I had my old car I had a Dashcam that clipped under my rearview mirror. (Never recorded anything interesting) Unfortunately it doesn't fit my new car.

When we were having pretty shitty weather I was going out recording with Google Glass again didn't see anything interesting. But I winked a pic on Monday of some women at a red light sitting in the middle of a intersection.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ChrisMiller said: Edit: Where did this unthank button come from? That's new.

Yes, and it appears at page refresh, it is not there immediately.

• marcmmarcm Member

Maounique said: Yes, and it appears at page refresh, it is not there immediately.

That's AJAX for you.

@ChrisMiller I thank God every day that we have discipline and that people are ralitively civilized on the road here in the States. Most of the accidents in those videos happen out of sheer stupidity or road rage.

• thats BS chris and you know it.

it was a dedicated server for 12 months.

I am happy to post our conversation here on LET that we had regarding this matter Chris.

Its not that your busy, you just dont give a S$%T who cares how busy you are, a deal is a deal, and waiting 6 months is more than fair, no matter how busy you are.

CASE NOT CLOSED!

@CVPS_Chris said:
    I would like to address this, since obviously hes upset over such a miniscule amount. Yes the deal was for a very small amount of money and a free dedicated server for a few months.

I was/still am willing to give it to him and this is just a misunderstanding. As I told him before, after the sale he disappeared. Stopped showing up on skype and I didnt hear from him for about 3-4 months so I didnt think much about it.

He messaged me recently asking about it out of the blue, I said I would still give it to him no problem.

What is going on here is that he doesnt understand how busy I am and expected it to be up within an hour which isnt the case and I think its very childish for what he has done instead of being patient.

• haha i like it

@marcm said:
    ChrisMiller anyway, something totally unrelated and funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9aiYvfXOc

• so man up and give me the server that I have been asking for, for so long.

@CVPS_Chris said:

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@rocksolidvps, when did you transfer ownership to CFab? What month?

Sorry if it was mentioned already, just curious.

• Would have paid a lot more for this if known and the price went that low.

• how low? no one has talked about price...

@concerto49 said:
    Would have paid a lot more for this if known and the price went that low.