Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUF/DAL/LA/CHI [GVH MID-MARCH DEALS] STARTING @ $9/YEAR! 250GB SSD Cached DISK/10TB, 50cIPs, XEN/OVZ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUF/DAL/LA/CHI [GVH MID-MARCH DEALS] STARTING @ $9/YEAR! 250GB SSD Cached DISK/10TB, 50cIPs, XEN/OVZ

Comments

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I'm having this thread locked after I get to a computer to answer everyone's questions.

Of course you are, pointing out the large history of legitimate problems your business goes against your policy of misrepresenting yourself and constantly trying to sink all your negative PR

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

@texteditor said:
    Of course you are, pointing out the large history of legitimate problems your business goes against your policy of misrepresenting yourself and constantly trying to sink all your negative PR

Ever since the roll out of our announced improvements, we haven't have any of this performance complaint threads and we're still continuing to improve. You and your gang of trolls are always the same people to try and bring us down but we've been letting our actions speak louder than our words and we've even had a few compliments on our improvements recently, and we're going to continue to improve.

10 years from now you'll still be bringing up the same things and making up the same stories so there's no point arguing with you.

• I only use a few providers off LET and GreenValueHost is not one of them. There quite active on WHT and no one seems to like them. Reading some of the threads you can see why.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    10 years from now you'll still be bringing up the same things and making up the same stories so there's no point arguing with you.

I don't side witn him, however.. saying you are going to lock the thread looks suspicious to basicially anyone

• GreenValueHost said: 10 years from now you'll still be bringing up the same things and making up the same stories so there's no point arguing with you.

10 months from now you'll have moved onto something new when this collapses because you can't bring enough new customers into the grift

• GreenValueHost said: I suppose customers shouldn't have to check their email either. We should invent something to transmit information telepathically.

This is not a professional way to talk to your clients. If you really can "invent something to transmit information telepathically" please do, if you can't, don't say it.

• I would advise against ordering a plan from the Dallas location for anyone thinking of going with GVH. Speeds are awful with frequent downtime on top of that. I believe I read somewhere that they were planning to discontinue their Dallas location and move clients over to Chicago in the near future, so I'm not really sure why they're continuing to sell Dallas plans either.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited March 2014

Before few hours i read a thread in LET about what is happening in WHT, (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23237/wht-on-a-steep-decline#latest) and why its not being a preferred destination for discussion on web hosting, one such reason given in this thread is bashing/ criticizing of a host.

At least in WHT posting a criticizing comment on an advertisement posted by a host is banned, what is happening here is very peculiar, people are nearly bashing a host in his own advertisement area, are the moderators doing anything?

What is happening here? Is it the same or something different than WHT?

I really wonder whats wrong in starting a host at the age of 16 or 17, IMHO it depends on your mental ability/ financial strength/ willingness, why this condition is being used to bash an upcoming host?

To my knowledge I had used them for some time ( very short time) they did every possible thing that they can do, it never worked fine because of our expectation and we quit some time later, during that period the server worked fine ( VPS) and we had no issues like downtime etc. Even though the deal never worked i never went anywhere to post about them, I wish they will grow some time later and will do a better service. Like @hellogoodbye conveyed we are the one who had obtained a VPS from Dallas, and we too faced few issues but not serious downtime.

I wish people may grow up and stop doing this, at least this can be done in the review section rather than doing it in the advertisement/ offers section, I sincerely insist mods to do something on this to avoid LET becoming another WHT.

If some one is willing to offer a service and if he does few simple mistakes hope a learned man will allow him to learn and do the best he can do, not continuously criticizing him, grow up boys.

Also @GreenValueHost you have to think on improving public speaking as few suggested, just convey what is required for doing business, IMHO you may ignore unnecessary comments/ bashing, focus and save your energy and resources

Thanked by 2roykem musmiq
  • @texteditor said:
    10 months from now you'll have moved onto something new when this collapses because you can't bring enough new customers into the grift

Rather why dont you provide some advice via PM or here so that they can learn and do better work? I wish it will be better than predicting their decline.> > >

• iSkyiSky Member

@greenvaluehost now all the plan and price is reasonable, but i still have problem with my 2 yearly service, got so many down time

• @iSky said:
    greenvaluehost now all the plan and price is reasonable, but i still have problem with my 2 yearly service, got so many down time

No, it's not downtime. You keep triggering our spamming abuse detection system which shuts off your VPS.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Well so far I don't have anything bad to say. Got a VPS from the last offer and been testing out a few things and its quick enough for me. Ordered for the year so hopefully it won't have any issues.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I have still some popcorn in my kitchen, i gonna go to get it.

• several occasions to support and always responded very quickly. nothing bad to say about hosting

• Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited March 2014

@greenvaluehost ssd or ssd-cached?

• @Ian_ said:
    greenvaluehost ssd or ssd-cached?

SSD cached.

• @wych said:
    Additional IP's by ticket for that pricing?

Yes you'll need to ticket in to get that pricing.

@Void_Whisperer said:
    I like the look of the 4gb chicago servers. How many cpu cores/etc?

And what processor does the node use?

We use a mix of E3s and Dual E5s however plan to deploy Dual X5670s in the near future.

• How many cores does each vps get?

• Ive never had any major issues with this host, have a vps in each location and downtime is minimal or nill. Support has responded in time, The few minor issues i have had (ipv6. Etc). The bashing is getting outa hand/old, let the man post his offers and if you dont like it keep it moving...

Post positives if your a client.
    Post negatives if your a client.
    Keep it moving if you heard that or read this and the third.

Every host has isolated instances, this ones no different.

• @iLLagHee said:

When there are tons and tons of incidents always popping up on WHT you can stop calling them 'isolated'

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • iSkyiSky Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    No, it's not downtime. You keep triggering our spamming abuse detection system which shuts off your VPS.

does server monitoring count as spamming ? just try to monitor the vps resource and uptime but got so many notification of it

• roykemroykem Member
    edited March 2014

@programer said:

you saved me from posting the same ;)

@GreenValueHost Please check my ticket here: #839725

Thank you.

• I'll be completely honest.

I have two VPS with GVH. I have one yearly plan in Chicago and one monthly plan in Buffalo.

I like them both. I've never had any downtime caused by GVH themselves. Both have great disk space, great bandwidth, and pretty respectable IO speeds. I had one small issue with IO speed and they moved me to a different node in minutes of opening a ticket. I was pretty impressed.

I use one as a web server and one as a VPN, and both work great on the VPS they're on.

I understand that GVH gets a lot of flak for their PR and such, but I like their hosting.

• As OP admitted its only ssd cached, Edited title from "SSD" to "SSD cached"

Thanked by 2Ian_ mpkossen
  • @iLLagHee said:
    Ive never had any major issues with this host, have a vps in each location and downtime is minimal or nill. Support has responded in time, The few minor issues i have had (ipv6. Etc). The bashing is getting outa hand/old, let the man post his offers and if you dont like it keep it moving...

Post positives if your a client.
    Post negatives if your a client.
    Keep it moving if you heard that or read this and the third.

Same here. Community is to allow others to grow not to hinder them.

• programer said: Same here. Community is to allow others to grow not to hinder them.

I think some members are just voicing their concerns to protect other members. Don't you offer the same in this thread?
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/485345/#Comment_485345

• WorldWorld Veteran

said: - 14-Day No Questions Asked MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Where is the 45-DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?

• @World said:
    Where is the 45-DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?

+1 when I signed up it said 45 days - why have the T&C's changed without warning?

• If you signed up when the money back period was 45 days, you can still claim your money back within 45 days. If you signed up after it was changed to 14, then it's 14.

Amendments to the Terms of Service
    GreenValueHost reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time. The date in which this document was last updated will be displayed at the end of this page. The customer's continued use of services provided by GreenValueHost will be deemed consent to the policies aforementioned in this Terms of Service Agreement.

Last Updated: March 2, 2014

• edited March 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    If you signed up when the money back period was 45 days, you can still claim your money back within 45 days. If you signed up after it was changed to 14, then it's 14.

Last Updated: March 2, 2014

You still never answered my question on the usage policy for the cpu cores :p

Edit: Also how many cpu cores each package gets.

Edit edit: Talking about the 4GB ovz