Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 TB storage for 10 EUR/mo from hubiC (OVH) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 TB storage for 10 EUR/mo from hubiC (OVH)

124»

Comments

• @squibs said:

although I think I read Seagate just started shipping an 8Gb beast.

phwoar. :P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2014

wych said: And more than likely mine the data.

Who the fsck cares seriously. You should always encrypt everything you upload into "the cloud" anyway.

Some more pressing concerns with these "unlimited, free" services would be
    1) they are very likely to disappear randomly sooner rather than later
    2) they will delete your account and ban you for some "TOS violation" or a random contrived "abuse", or limit upload to 10 KB/sec, as soon as you try to use not even 10TB, perhaps long before 1TB. Heck, I don't even trust OVH to let me use full 10TB at this paid hubiC, without some b/s of this kind.

• @rm_ said:
    2) they will delete your account and ban you for some "TOS violation" or a random contrived "abuse", or limit upload to 10 KB/sec, as soon as you try to use not even 10TB, perhaps long before 1TB. Heck, I don't even trust OVH to let me use full 10TB at this paid hubiC, without some b/s of this kind.

Already done that. Randomly banning files.

Maybe Onedrive's Unlimited is a good solution?

• superwbd said: Maybe Onedrive's Unlimited is a good solution?

owned my Microsoft. (who is in bed with us govt and NSA)

Thanked by 1tux
  • @TarZZ92 said:
    owned my Microsoft. (who is in bed with us govt and NSA)

They can look at my holiday snaps and office docs if they really want.

Thanked by 2Gadelhas Pwner
  • I use currently around 5TB on Hubic without issues

• I'm using about 2TB or so and getting very good speeds especially from an OVH box using hubicfuse with encfs.

• @abat said:
    I'm using about 2TB or so and getting very good speeds especially from an OVH box using hubicfuse with encfs.

sounds interesting: could you please specify what you call 'very good speeds' in particular? thanks in advance...

• @Falzo said:

100 to 200mbs

• Nekki said: They can look at my holiday snaps and office docs if they really want.

thats nothing to do with it. the fact that they do and can is the problem..

Edward snowden was very clear...

Thanked by 1tehdartherer
  • Srsly? I saw a lot of people complaining about the transfer rates.

@abat said:
    100 to 200mbs

• Getting between 5 & 7 MB/s to them, currently sitting between 6,7 & 7,2TB used as backups rotate.

• @tehdartherer said:
    Srsly? I saw a lot of people complaining about the transfer rates.

They used to be limited to 10mbs, remember also I am seeing these speeds within OVH's network.

• Is anyone using hubic on CentOS server? What software are you using?

• what software are people using to mount this as a filesystem on their server(s)?

• @doughnet said:
    what software are people using to mount this as a filesystem on their server(s)?

HubicFUSE

• I think I tried that but couldn't get it to work properly. Have a better tut?

• @TarZZ92 said:

There's no cloud service anyone can fully trust. Mo matter that is Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, Hubic or whatever. Not so sure how much difference MEGA is making though.

If you are feeling bad, just do your own point 2 point encryption: Use AES-256(even AES-128 is good enough for now) at your side before you upload anything to the cloud. It is quick, for most of the CPUs since 2012 has AES acceleration, which makes the speed around 2GiB/s. That 's far more better than any kind of server-side encryption, IMHO.

• @0xdragon said:
    HubicFUSE

HubicFUSE requires a redirect_uri parameter. A URL that you control for authentication. What url does one use ?

• @aFriend said:
    HubicFUSE requires a redirect_uri parameter. A URL that you control for authentication. What url does one use ?

Unfortunately, I have no idea as I do not use Hubic myself. :(

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2014

superwbd said: If you are feeling bad, just do your own point 2 point encryption

once again. the having nothing to hide nonsense type of reply.

the very fact is your data is your data not the us govt's

• @aFriend said:

Any.

• @aFriend said:

It doesn't matter, http://localhost works well.