Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 TB storage for 10 EUR/mo from hubiC (OVH) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 TB storage for 10 EUR/mo from hubiC (OVH)

Comments

• am seeing 32Mb upload from home. it might appear they actually listened to customers.

• what about download? I have tested it but still got 10Mbits.

• Download has not changed here. get a very slow 8-11Mbps

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

Do they support content playback(video, music, picture, documents editing) from the web site?

• n1kkon1kko Member

I'm on the 100GB plan works great and saves room on my laptop disk

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    Do they support content playback(video, music, picture, documents editing) from the web site?

You can view images, I cannot play back mp3's from the web interface though.

Will check the others.

• My upload speed is back to normal since a few days :/ ≈9.7 MB/s

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@kornnflake said:
    My upload speed is back to normal since a few days :/ ≈9.7 MB/s

You're back! What happened to receiveee?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

kornnflake said: My upload speed is back to normal since a few days :/ ≈9.7 MB/s

Since when 9.7 MB/sec is the "normal" speed to Hubic? Assuming you mean megabytes (MB) per second, and not megabits (Mb). If any kind of speed can be called normal for this service, it's sub-5 Mbit/sec, since that's what we had basically all along. And only the last couple of weeks they seem to have removed the speed limitation. But that's in no way the "normal" speed, more like "amazingly high speed, let's see if it's not a bug of their speed limiter not functioning, and if it really stays".

• 8QE8QE Member
    edited August 2014

It needs a credit card to pay.

BTW:I backup the data which be important to me in the localhost.

• amazing price

• the free 25G plan is one year only? just registered an account today, but find this in "My account" section:

Expiry date : 
    08/06/2015

Total space : 
    25.00 GB

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

hotsnow said: Expiry date : 08/06/2015

Here? http://s.lowendshare.com/7/1407302475.638.2014-08-06T052047Z-hubic.png
    As you can see mine doesn't have an expiry date...
    That said, likely they did some update of the software that sets the status of new free accounts, and yours will auto-renew every year for free. You can ask on their forums to be sure.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • 10Mbit/s

10 TB storage for 10 EUR/mo

You will need to buy at least 10 months of 10 EUR/mo JUST to download the FIRST 10 TB. This is scam.

@Chuck said:
    10Mbit/s

You will need to buy at least 10 months of 10 EUR/mo JUST to download the FIRST 10 TB. This is scam.

Why scam? Are you not getting what they offer?

• @Chuck said:
    10Mbit/s

Huh?

• @rm_ said:
    Since when 9.7 MB/sec is the "normal" speed to Hubic? Assuming you mean megabytes (MB) per second, and not megabits (Mb). If any kind of speed can be called normal for this service, it's sub-5 Mbit/sec, since that's what we had basically all along. And only the last couple of weeks they seem to have removed the speed limitation. But that's in no way the "normal" speed, more like "amazingly high speed, let's see if it's not a bug of their speed limiter not functioning, and if it really stays".

Yea, right, my fault. I really mean MB but i somehow assumed that I maxed my 1 gpbs out -> 100 MB/sec but that's bullshit, cause i never did. So the speed is still the same ;)

@netomx said:
    You're back! What happened to receiveee?

Ain't got the time to update the code, old code base couldn't handle the scale :(

• Chuck said: 10Mbit/s

You could probably upload using multiple clients.

@kornnflake said:

I can help

• enrique750enrique750 Member
    edited August 2014

@Chuck said:
    10Mbit/s

I do not understand. I get 1.2 MB/sec, that means about 100GB/day. In 100 days you can upload/download 10TB.

Of course it will be better amazon (for example), but:

10 TB (even with glacier, the cheapest storage) -> 100$/month
    If you ge a 100Mbits speed, you can download all your data in 10 days, but I will cost 1.200$.

I think that if hubic can store 10TB and keeps 10Mbits speed all the time (not throttling like other providers) can be a good and afordable deal.

• @kcaj said:
    You could probably upload using multiple clients.

I have just tested and downloaded 4 files at the same time from the same computer and get 35-40Mbits aggregated, so it could be a solution.

• Can different computers/devices share a single account, and do you require their own software clients, or any software that uses their own API?

• rchurch said: Can different computers/devices share a single account, and do you require their own software clients, or any software that uses their own API?

Yes they can. You can simply use the Hubic API. I have set up the CLI using API to keep my servers in sync. I sync my Google Drive and Dropbox to Hubic

• Also if you use it to backup several projects, if 'shit hits the fan' you might not have to retrieve the 10Tbs at once...

Probably better to store data at home, anyway... :-)

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited August 2014

All hubic preachers should try renaming a folder with ~10.000 files in it - a Magento folder unzipped for example which doesn't have more than 70MB. You will have to wait a sh*t load of time after your french file-in-cloud-bonbon program syncs.

• For me upload/download speed is bad... Just around 5-10Mbit/s
    To other services like dropbox, or google drive, or yandex disk, or mega i have full stable 100mbit/s. Latency is ok.

• ive been trying hubic and got from vpsdime (dallas location) about 30MB/s up/down

i dont like how it can only sync and no way to mount as a filesystem ...

• @doughnet said:
    ive been trying hubic and got from vpsdime (dallas location) about 30MB/s up/down

i dont like how it can only sync and no way to mount as a filesystem ...

This is the biggest problem. You can't sync 10Tb on a PC - they don't make drives that big yet - although I think I read Seagate just started shipping an 8Gb beast.

There is a 3rd party app that removes the sync requirement, but it's slow and awkward to use. For scheduled backups, network drive is a must.

They've been asked about network drive functionality a few times now, and they ignore it or tell posters to f off. I like the price, but wonder what satisfaction I would get if they lost my critical data - my guess is none at all.

Whenever I think of OVH's dismissive and contemptuous customer support, it reminds me of Quest For The Holy Grail:

You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and all your silly English kaniggets. Thppppt!

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough whopper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of eldeberries.

• In many backup Chinese are unlimited capacity, free

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @yhoih said:
    In many backup Chinese are unlimited capacity, free

And more than likely mine the data.