Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All of your "LEB improvements" I've already done that - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All of your "LEB improvements" I've already done that

Comments

• Roph I pulled the ads, because I could care less and you should read my post above yours, as you seem to be confused. It's not a lack of traffic it's about being #1.

• For the most part I agree with some of the OP. LEB has been neglected for far too long and LET has too much drama. Even still I visit regularly because the community provides value.

@taipres said: IDK if i'm going to work on my site anymore. I'm going to keep it up so that users can still find the deals but haven't decided if i'm going to add anymore.

But I'm confused ... @taipres why come here to promote your site then say you don't know if you're going to work on it anymore. Isn't that the same thing you are complaining about?

• rkrazy because if I decide to stop working on my site, at least it'll be known as to why, for those who do care. People keep accusing me of making my site for ad revenue, that's incorrect. I created my site for the community, and for the providers. I added ads only to help pay for the site so everyone could use it if they wanted.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

Shakes head

LEB != LET.

Thanked by 2Asim Infinity
  • AsimAsim Member

@KuJoe said: LEB != LET.

true that

• I am sad about this kind of people that isn't able to be a good competitor...
    Then, just came here to presume and troll.

Thanked by 2netomx bijan588
  • Kujoe it's ran by the same people, both sites are registered to the same person too i'm sure(they have whois guard on so can't tell) and they use same DNS servers etc... so yes LEB = LET.

• Most idiot arg ever

• ZettaZetta Member

@taipres The site's a great idea, but you need to rebrand and relaunch WITHOUT the .info domain. x_x

Thanked by 1Liam

@taipres said: Kujoe it's ran by the same people

False. I have absolutely 0 to do with LET.

Who cares about being number 1?! If you're in this to be the best then you're in it for the wrong reasons. We volunteer our time because we care about the industry, not to be the best. In fact, we tried to remain anonymous to avoid any fame but that was near impossible to do on the internet these days.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

yomero say what you will, but LEB vs my site is night and day. I see people constantly whining here about details for whatever providers, why do they do that? Because LEB posts literally have nothing but bare bone details, it's almost like the authors get high and feel like they should go blog and their half baked posts are the results. Then you have all of you cheering it on like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's a joke, all of it, a complete joke.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

Joe you talk on here to advertise your company, which is fine, I hope it brings you plenty of sales. But saying you "have 0 to do with LET" what? You commonly post here...

• @taipres said: Only block exit nodes though, so Tor relays should be able to rate.

Might want to audit whatever you're using to determine this, since I'm behind a corporate firewall, not on Tor.

• @taipres said: yomero say what you will, but LEB vs my site is night and day

Yes, who cares about your site? lol

Thanked by 3Aldryic Asim netomx

@taipres said: Joe you talk on here to advertise your company, which is fine, I hope it brings you plenty of sales. But saying you "have 0 to do with LET" what? You commonly post here...

I post here yes, but I am not a moderator, I have no say in what goes on here, I am just a normal member. I post advertisements here because I refuse to post ads on LEB since I am staff member there and it would be unfair.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

yomero clearly not you, and that's fine, some people don't want quality, they're afraid of it, and that's their choice. But far more people do want quality I know this because I see them begging for it on here only to have their ideas shot down and their hopes essentially ignored. Where as I heard their requests and implemented on my site, and have done so for months. So continue to insult me, it holds no weight. Also Damian if it blocked your IP it must be in a Tor exit node list.

• ZettaZetta Member

@yomero said: Yes, who cares about your site? lol

Me? (LET THE RAGING BEGIN.)

• AsimAsim Member

@taipres said: why did people initially go to LEB? Because it listed providers deals, no deals listed, no reason to care and no reason to visit.

Let the users decide for themselves, stop being a bully please

@taipres said: rajprakash many "frequent" my blog

I am one of your RSS readers, I have 'em in my Google Reader but after seeing this thread and the kind of attitude you have for the community in general? I lost all respect and admiration for your blog. 5 days ago I emailed you personally to let you know that "Your comment system is broken" and you responded in a second to fix that.

I have no affiliation with your blog, I had no affiliation with LEB (until recently when I applied for test writer and am selected as one for LEB on April 2), I dont know if I am going to pass or not but it does not matter, whatever decision is made is for the best of this community. Do you think that I or any other member of the community does not have a shorter, sleaker and more nicer domain name? Its just that starting your own low-traffic-blog is not the point, the point is the community. I dont claim LEB/LEA is issues-free but yes we are volunteering to fix them.

I'm sorry but seeing a post like this is a pathetic attempt at getting more traffic/attention. Still, I wish you all the best with your little adventure

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

Asim you just said I replied within a second and fixed it. Try emailing Chief and see how fast he responds to you.... Then you question my attitude? What's worse, someone honest and straight forward, or someone who ignores you and is silent? I took cheap vps's seriously, those who run LEB will never have the drive I have, or passion for what this space could be. So continue to insult me and cheer them on, that just reflects on you and exactly what i've been saying. At least we're all being honest now. You guys want fancy domains and someone who ignores you, got it.

• Ребята, давайте жить дружно ;-)

Seriously, we don't need escalation of hostility. We all know this usually doesn't end well.
    Lets go out for a drink or something.

• AsimAsim Member

@taipres said: So continue to insult me

This is not what I wrote or what my intentions were/are. Still, I do not know why you posted this. Without you posting here people know which place to go to check for LEB-style (or improved) VPS offers when LEB is not being updated.

Here are some of these, I am pretty sure some or all of them are regular visitors of LEB even if they dont like LEB but I dont see them starting a thread to insult everyone of us.

budgetvps.co
    bestvm.com
    98mb.com
    cheapvpsoffers.com
    stingybox.com

• Nobody needs any blog that specializes in posting cheap VPS deals. At first it was kind of a unique niche, but now it's just another blog. I'd much rather just come to this forum and check out the offers section and reviews section.

With that said, LET users are some anal bastards. Let the guy have his blog. Jesus... My signature is right.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

tl;dr WHT Forum #104

Thanked by 1subigo
  • Well I said what I needed to say. My goal wasn't to insult anyone personally, but in the heat of battle I suppose I may have. If so I apologize. If I do continue my site most likely i'm going to setup an automated thing where providers can submit their own deals, but structured in its existing format and controlled in terms of frequency.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@taipres said: That's not the point, my site should be #1, period. It's better in every way with LEB besides community.

And that is why you fail. A community is valuable and you don't have that.

A blog listing LEB deals is not that hard to do. And you're second - it's been done before.

The reason the original LEB was successful is that LEA was a mad scientist hunting down deals, trying them out, sharing his stories, etc. The current LEB is more of a hands-off "post your deals, providers" and it is not remotely as interesting.

Yours is a clone of the current LEB with lipstick. I see no compelling reason to look at it. If you had your own articles, analysis, test results, etc. it would be interesting. But frankly, it's not and never has been hard to find LEBs.

Thanked by 2Roph titanicsaled
  • Agree 100%.

I've skimmed this whole thread, and at the end of it all, I still can't figure out what's the point. Is the point to say that your blog fixes all the things people bitch about at LEB, but yet the LEB/LET community won't let LEB/LET die?

I just don't get the point of this thread.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

raindog308 see you're clearly confused. Unlike the current LEA I have gone aggressively at providers and try my VERY best to get the best deals from them. And i've succeeded with many listing BETTER deals than what's on LEB.
    http://cheapvpsdeals.info/vds6-0-95-bsd-jail-vps-128mb-x5-ipv6-in-germany/
    Coupon code “CheapVPSDeals3Month“ which takes off 25% for 3 months, and would knock your bill down to $0.71!!

You see that on LEB no. I've talked many high end providers that wouldn't give LEB the time of day into lowering to $10 or less so I could list them. So you have no idea the efforts I put into the 80 deals listed. The sheer increase of details an information is what makes my site better, not to mention all the features like feature search, comparison table etc... you can list all blogs out there and none of them are as good as mine, you know it, I know it. But you guys hover around leb like flys on poop then have the nerve to insult me, and my efforts, that I did for you.

And I do have my own test results, can you not read? try clicking CVD Hardware Challenge link for deals on front page or side bar. Actually never mind, don't, tired of this.

• [yawn] So how 'bout those Canucks, eh?

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @taipres said: I have gone aggressively at providers

I've never heard of you until I saw this thread, so it must not be that aggressive.

What I have taken away from this thread is you seem upset the community still prefers this site over yours even if you provide a better experience, and I think that will remain for the foreseeable future. This community has been together for quite some time, we argue, bitch and moan at each other, praise and slap each others backs. That does not fall apart over night, some of us will remain here until our dying breath.