Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service terminated 9 hours after suspension for overdue payment. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Service terminated 9 hours after suspension for overdue payment.

Comments

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited February 2014

This time I agree with @shovenose & @rds100

BUT, I agree more to @Microlinux Such a great reply.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

correct way to deal with unpaid bills for service or did you expected they will hold your account for whole year? try the same with your utility bills and taxes, you will start complain about interest (%) they put on the top and at the end pass your issue to collection agency.

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

@rds100 said:
    Forget tornadoes and earthquakes. Weekends happen far more often. I wouldn't terminate someone for non payment on a weekend (or on a Monday early morning).
    @shovenose said:
    "Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment - Pending Termination within 24 hrs if not

paid"

I got that too. I'm not going to bother renewing but they don't even wait a few days. What if the place i live gets flooded, has a tornado and a hurricane at the same time, then has an earthquake? My VPS will be terminated which would be my biggest concern.

it was on GVH TOS and OP has agree that when he sign up

forget about eartquakes,tornadoes or weekend. why if his server get hacked and all his data deleted or raid array broken ?

thats why offsite backup is always important

• I think everyone is missing the point of this thread. It isn't that he got an overdue notice. It isn't that he forgot to pay his bill.

It is that the service was terminated after 9hs. 9hs isn't a lot of time at all. I'd expect 2 days to tell you the truth.

Mun

edited February 2014

@Mun said:
    I think everyone is missing the point of this thread. It isn't that he got an overdue notice. It isn't that he forgot to pay his bill.

It is that the service was terminated after 9hs. 9hs isn't a lot of time at all. I'd expect 2 days to tell you the truth.

Mun

from the screenshoot he got overdue notice and service terminated after 9 hours of first overdue email

i also it wouldnt ideal, but what you expect for GVH price?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2014

Yes i agree it's in their right to terminate it after 9 hours, after all it's their service and their ToS. However it's still a little strange.
    Someone got up early and first thing in the morning (at 8:10 am) he started terminating overdue clients. Yes, i believe this was a manual termination, not automatic. Now if he would postpone that to the afternoon they wouldn't lose much money (after all the VPS is already suspended, so not using any CPU, RAM or bandwidth). But they could gain a long term good customer, which i believe Damian is. The probable benefits of waiting until the afternoon far outweight the probable losses from not waiting.

Still, it's their business and their right to conduct it as they want.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I agree this is up to them that if not paid for kill it. But is also another reason to not use their services.

edited February 2014

@princeshoko said:
    I agree this is up to them that if not paid for kill it. But is also another reason to not use their services.

but there is one ultimate reason why people still buy from them, their price :)

that also make people forget all reason to not use their services.

• you get what you pay for. I don't understand after many theads about greenvaluehost bad services and bad servers.

• Mun said: I think everyone is missing the point of this thread. It isn't that he got an overdue notice. It isn't that he forgot to pay his bill.

Why was the service terminated? Because the bill was not paid. So yes, everything comes back to the bill not being paid. Had the OP paid the bill and read the TOS, the service would not have been terminated per the terms he accepted - and this thread would not exist.

• Remember to pay your bills or set up auto-payment. Simple.

• @namhuy said:
    you get what you pay for. I don't understand after many theads about greenvaluehost bad services and bad servers.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

Mun said: It is that the service was terminated after 9hs. 9hs isn't a lot of time at all. I'd expect 2 days to tell you the truth.

This is misleading. The invoice is generated seven days before the due date. That is seven days and nine hours to pay the bill. If you haven't paid your invoice for seven days (days before the due date), why do you expect it to be paid if you give them two more days?

If they have a problem with their mail server then I can understand, maybe you don't know your invoice is overdue until after VM gets suspended. I used to have strict host checking and lots of providers have their mail server configured incorrectly, so I had to disable it since I kept missing some invoices. But I don't think GVH has this problem.

Thanked by 1TekStorm_James
  • I would expect from Damian, who's provider, to know it better than bash another provider for something that's exclusively his own fault, but what the fuck, it's GVH and everything is allowed here, right?!

• Oh boy, here we go again. The daily GVH drama thread begins once again.

• I hope people realize that all these threads only result in more sales for GVH before they make them...

• namhuy said: you get what you pay for.

More accurately: you don't get what you don't pay for :)

• LeeLee Veteran

dhamaniasad said: I hope people realize that all these threads only result in more sales for GVH

I would doubt they are getting that much from LET any more. And the customer complaints are rolling in on what appears a daily basis on WHT.

Implosion is imminent.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@sleddog said:
    More accurately: you don't get what you don't pay for :)

Not really. Technically it isn't paid for if it's past overdue, although there's still the question of if that's the right thing to do only 9 hours after..

• Well, i had a customer that was overdue on a €99 server and i kept it online for two weeks. at my cost. with no contact from the customer.
    i just kept sending emails etc, because if they weren't going to continue i wanted to make sure they had a backup already.
    But needless to say, customer contacted me after i turned the server off asking why, and agreed to pay the outstanding + 3 months in advance to make up for it.

and Considering i got my VPS from GVH terminated because "I/O Abuse" when they refused to reply to tickets. (with proof of existing conditions)
    i would say they are on their last legs... Mom's (yes it's weird for me to write it like that since im an aussie) credit card won't last forever.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • This is what happens when you buy services from someone who's a child

I wonder if GVH would do this to customers buying into their $20/mo WHT colo offers

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited February 2014

texteditor said: I wonder if GVH would do this to customers buying into their $20/mo WHT colo offers

And then keep the colocated server? Errrr...

• it will be kept to recoup costs for colo.. as they probably have something in their ToS saying that if it's in their Rack, they own it.. (maybe i should read it and see)

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited February 2014

Doesn't matter, he's 16, it's not like any contract you enter with him is enforceable, so if he wants to keep the colocated shit you sent to him, he can

• To be fair, since he rents from hvh and they do from cc. Wouldn't one assume that the price of colo-ing through gvh be inflated rather then going through hvh or cc. Or therefore running at a loss and practically doomed to fail in the long run. Like I said mums credit card will get maxed out one day and then what. Technically wouldn't hvh or cc be able to claim all possessions in the care of gvh as their own to recoup costs?

Sort of like getting a loan for a car, putting a mass stereo and rims and stuff on it and then getting it repossessed, the owner of the car has no claim to anything within the vehicle.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

@texteditor said:
    Doesn't matter, he's 16, it's not like any contract you enter with him is enforceable, so if he wants to keep the colocated shit you sent to him, he can

Wrong. I do not own GVH.

When clients sign up with us, the enter a legally binding contract with our Green Value Hosting, Inc. registered in Illinois. I've told you this many times.

To answer your question about overdue colo payments, in the case that a colo payment to us is overdue, the power for that server would be shut off until the invoice is paid.

@AutoSnipe

Wrong as well. Our margins for colo are low on purpose. $19.95/m 1U colo = breakeven for our rack.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Wrong as well. Our margins for colo are low on purpose. $19.95/m 1U colo = breakeven for our rack.

so who the owner o-0?

• @tuguhost - https://www.facebook.com/jessurun?fref=ts
    This is the Registered "President" of the Domestic BSA Corp.

and breaking even, isn't exactly a smooth business model.. short a couple of month, who is gonna be hurt first.
    Trying to do a VD in my opinion.

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited February 2014

@texteditor said:
    This is what happens when you buy services from someone who's a child

How's this fault of GVH?
    Pay your bills on time. Grace period is nice but at host expense. It's stupid to take it for granted. And also stupid from Damian to open thread to complain with "I didn't pay bills on time and host terminated me".
    Common sense is not so common at LET and a lot of stupidity when people pick a side based on past arguments instead of actual situation.

• but then you go around offering 45 day money back guarantees on absolutely everything, no questions asked. Free months of servers etc. all i can say is it is a Recipe for disaster.

I honestly predict a midnight shut off of all their servers and moving in with VD.
    and leaving half the servers around the place..

if they have spare space in their rack, they could surf ebay for some cheap as servers, one small payment and then chuck it in the rack and make more off of the empty space then what they are by colo.

and i have to say i am saying this as a disgruntled ex customer of theirs when their support couldn't answer specific question after 3-4 days