Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When a LET member and an owner of a business does wrong? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When a LET member and an owner of a business does wrong?

Comments

• jarland said: It's early here ;)

Yeah morning there :)

• There's no point in keeping this thread alive and having any kind of drama occur. How's about you just flag this thread for removal , and we just all move on with our lives. What's done is done and while I understand you're frustrated, at us and this user otherwise, its best we don't fight it out.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Running a VPN business is very risky. You know there will be abuse and, frankly, I am a bit disappointed that providers end up paying the damages bill, however, some people proved that can be run well and all parties to benefit. I don't know how they do it but it was proven to be working. Claps to those that manage it, the others should just get dedis or VPSes from big corporations which can handle this until they manage to do it right.

• @darknyan said:
    There's no point in keeping this thread alive and having any kind of drama occur. How's about you just flag this thread for removal , and we just all move on with our lives. What's done is done and while I understand you're frustrated, at us and this user otherwise, its best we don't fight it out.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/478595/#Comment_478595

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

I missed that. Cheers for your decision Servian, I applaud you in this aspect.

I'm sorry you had to put up with this and I don't find it fair that you got the short end of the deal. But I also didn't really appreciate how you were willing to reveal the details of a service agreement like that. You may run an excellent array of services and outstanding professionalism in many aspects of your services but I really think that customer privacy needs to be adhered to.

Regardless, you're still awesome in my eyes, servian. Good luck with your business.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:

It looks like you choose the side of the abuser to me. there is no way you can justify what he did and he deserves to be shamed after doing what he did.

Serverian is still very cool about it and he doesn't name anyone, he is more asking about opinions here i think. so there should be no problem with this thread being open, so stop trying to shut it down.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Mark_R said:

I'm sympathetic to the abuser yes, but that wasn't my main argument. I didn't think his actions were justified whatsoever, but they do suffer a lot of flak for their recent dilemenas.

But being shamed publicly and having their device details revealed to all of LET is unjustified in my eyes for servian. My argument isn't to defend the abuser but more so the privacy breach resultant of their actions.

Servian is indeed cool about it, but other people aren't. Just because someone abused a service doesn't mean they should have their privacy invaded in any kind of circumstance or level. So no, there is no point of this thread.

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2014

darknyan said: servian.

Gee, man please stop calling him servian, I have a twitch each time i read it.

• @Maounique said:
    Running a VPN business is very risky. You know there will be abuse and, frankly, I am a bit disappointed that providers end up paying the damages bill, however, some people proved that can be run well and all parties to benefit. I don't know how they do it but it was proven to be working. Claps to those that manage it, the others should just get dedis or VPSes from big corporations which can handle this until they manage to do it right.

Well, I think that everything is risky business including VPS, Dedicated and etc... nothing is bulletproof.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:
    Servian is indeed cool about it, but other people aren't. Just because someone abused a service doesn't mean they should have their privacy invaded in any kind of circumstance or level. So no, there is no point of this thread.

Others can save money and headaches by having this information that you dont want to have listed here.

I dont see how that is wrong, it only helps other people who are legit.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Maounique said:

Today I learned I never actually read his name properly until now.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Mark_R said:

If you truly wanted to accomplish that, why do you need to have these service details listed? Why can't you start a general thread on how to stop abusive customers rather then focusing on this specific case?

• @darknyan said:
    If you truly wanted to accomplish that, why do you need to have these service details listed? Why can't you start a general thread on how to stop abusive customers rather then focusing on this specific case?

Everything starts with something.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Mark_R said:

Well then can't you start something else thats similar? Or start on something entirely different, like inventing a highly durable nonstick frying pan for disgruntled housewives?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:
    Well then can't you start something? Like inventing a highly durable nonstick frying pan for disgruntled housewives?

I just stop replying on you at this point.. it looks like you are not serious at all.

• I see that everyone here, as always, keep taking vendors' side. I don't have anything against anyone, but it's my initial instinct to always take users' (clients') side. That's what I identify with more. I don't think that you should -again- not name anyone by name or nickname here on LET, as it is unacceptable, not because it's in LET rules or anything, because it's not ethical and does not fit into any private relationship that firms and clients should have. I'm basically and sincerely appalled and saddened by how providers here wave around their TOS agreements like it's the Bible, the Quran or a damn Physics book. If there's anything really illegal that a client does, that's illegal or in anyway punishable by law, please do sue them and go the right way instead of opening snarky threads. I like you for several reasons including your services serverian, but I think you're blinded by being on your own side. ETHICS should be the centre of one's life, and you should always keep your clients' shit private, any way they may act, unless there is law involved. I sadly believe that you have done something wrong even by mentioning the line of business said abuser is in, as it may have revealed his identity. By doing these sorts of things, you're not making abusers feel bad or anything, you're making yourself look bad to picky d***head possible customers like myself, who wouldn't like a provider that opens threads that rant about not being able to abuse his clients' private information. As I said, I like you for many reasons, but this definintely ain't one.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Mark_R said:

Its 5 in the morning, I'm not in the mood to argue or to be intolerant.

• @kerouac said:
    I see that everyone here, as always, keep taking vendors' side. I don't have anything against anyone, but it's my initial instinct to always take users' (clients') side. That's what I identify with more. I don't think that you should -again- not name anyone by name or nickname here on LET, as it is unacceptable, not because it's in LET rules or anything, because it's not ethical and does not fit into any private relationship that firms and clients should have. I'm basically and sincerely appalled and saddened by how providers here wave around their TOS agreements like it's the Bible, the Quran or a damn Physics book. If there's anything really illegal that a client does, that's illegal or in anyway punishable by law, please do sue them and go the right way instead of opening snarky threads. I like you for several reasons including your services serverian, but I think you're blinded by being on your own side. ETHICS should be the centre of one's life, and you should always keep your clients' shit private, any way they may act, unless there is law involved. I sadly believe that you have done something wrong even by mentioning the line of business said abuser is in, as it may have revealed his identity. By doing these sorts of things, you're not making abusers feel bad or anything, you're making yourself look bad to picky d***head possible customers like myself, who wouldn't like a provider that opens threads that rant about not being able to abuse his clients' private information. As I said, I like you for many reasons, but this definintely ain't one.

• I did not name anyone.
    • I did not name anyone because it was not ethical and I've said this a few times myself. Since the customer is a business entity, as @rds100 said, I can name them here. But I have chosen not to.
    • I have opened this thread to discuss about the double standard about the customer/provider relationship.
    • If a provider does wrong, it's okay to name and shame. However when a customer does wrong, it's not okay to name and shame. I know that's how it should be but you can get frustrated by it time to time because you don't have anything to show for it.
  • And believe me, a lot of my providers did lots of bad and immoral things to me. I have not named any of them anywhere because that's what I think ethical.

• @serverian said:
    did not name anyone

I know you did not say his nickname, but you've limited the number of possibilities.

if a provider does wrong, it's okay to name and shame. However when a customer does wrong, it's not okay to name and shame.

And so it should be. It's far more trouble when corporations overpower people, which can easily happen in many countries, outside of the LEB business. It sound waaay more horrific to me.

get frustrated

I know that happens, but that's because LET providers have to take it personally since many of them are one-man or very small group operations. If providers can gain corporation mentality, that wouldn't be the case.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

We had one customer to host fake paypal site (from this forum).
    We have one guy who had account on almost every node (from this forum) he used that accounts to run ddos attacks. We also had one customer related to underage naked teens exchange network.... do i have to explain what kind of problems that kind of "clients" are causing to us... One guy run illegal PayTV service. Million dollar threats from other companies that he is causing damage to...

Believe me guys, you know nothing. @serverian just make public one thing that we providers are facing every day...

• drserver said: Believe me guys, you know nothing. @serverian just make public one thing that we providers are facing every day...

Yeah don't get me started.

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2014

@drserver +1 I will agree with you.Mostly since the service is cheap here ,the abusers are in use and throw,find new provider mode.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@drserver indeed, literally every day I feel like I am being mentally kicked all over the place, part of the job I suppose.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
    edited February 2014

AnthonySmith said: part of the job I suppose.

There is no better feeling than in 5:30 AM you receive FAX with possible lawsuit because your client is having Pirated Paytv service and he is streaming UFC event, or Champions League finals...

Even better is your lawyer bills for correspondence with their lawyers.

And best part, Bad review as you have ruined his "company"

Thanked by 2Amfy HostNun
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Ok, thats maybe the reason why some people say in IRC Chat: "You all suck"

Thanked by 2tommy sundaymouse
  • drserver said: you receive FAX

Not providing ancient FAX service. #winning

Thanked by 1Mark_R

concerto49 said: Not providing ancient FAX service. #winning

Lucky you...

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

We also face same issue some client make lot of problem and datacentre always knock me to solve them if i terminate client vps then client make bad review :(
    Bacically i face spamming problem and DMCA issue. Sad story for all provider ........

• There is definitely a lot to say on this subject. I've been thinking about this a lot myself: the consumer-business relationship. For consumers, it's very easy to "complain about" or "blame" a customer somewhere. For a business, it isn't. It has always struck me a quite unfair. In my opinion, everybody should be able to discuss certain things, whether you are a consumer or a business.

In that respect, I share @serverian's frustration of not being able to name and shame a consumer. I think a consumer should have certain protective rights, but they are not saints. If they do wrong, I understand a business wants to make it public.