Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When a LET member and an owner of a business does wrong? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When a LET member and an owner of a business does wrong?

Comments

• @darknyan it's not so obvious, i still don't know who this was for instance.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Noerman
  • darknyan said: There's only 2 VPN providers on all of LET, 1 of them active.

I only know of Liamwithers or so, which other VPN providers are there?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

Not a big deal. DMCA happens. Terminate, move on.

@concerto49 said:
    Same thing happened to us. Customer even posted a negative review and some members of the community sided with said customer.

Don't let anyone push you around if you have a counter point. They can either be honest about what happened or not speak poorly of your company. Either you move forward with a lawsuit against them or they opt not to file one against you for sharing your side of the story after they decided to engage in slanderous behavior. Mutual lawsuit, mutual story telling, or they can just accept that not all situations end in their favor and not involve other people in it. Their choice. "Bend over and take slander" is not one of them.

• @darknyan said:
    I can't tell how ridiculously obvious you've made it out to be. There's only 2 VPN providers on all of LET, 1 of them active.

Servian, you've effectively violated user privacy in one of the least professional ways ways possible, a forum rant. if it was far more broad, it might have been acceptable but this really isn't. You have effectively outlined many points of their operation and the level of service you've provided for their specific case.

Please don't do this again.

Excuse me? I didn't do anything sneaky or wrong. I don't know how many VPN providers are there in the forum since they don't advertise here. If my intentions was to make it obvious, I could have done in different ways.

• Also if it was so obvious there won't be at least 10 people asked me who was it!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@serverian said:
    Excuse me? I didn't do anything sneaky or wrong. I don't know how many VPN providers are there in the forum since they don't advertise here. If my intentions was to make it obvious, I could have done in different ways.

Servian, I'm not antagonizing you as much as it seems. There are 2 VPN providers who advertise on LET, only one of which actively does so, and any of its customers will know from their recent emails on node takedowns.

I don't think you have sneaky intentions in mind but I also don't think this thread was necessary to begin with. I understand you wanted to vent your frustrations but I don't think the professional way to go is this.

I'm sorry if I angered you.

• I believe you have every right to call them out, if I was the owner of that company I would want to be called out. I would want to know my faults so I could work at fixing them and not continue and abuse hosts without even knowing I was doing so.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@Jack said:
    N/A

Retracted because Jack was nice to also do so.

• gbshouse said: I'm not sure how it's different. I'm not talking about large bills 2-3EUR max. My point is that's a little bit rude from their side as we are still members of the same community and I would expect some kind of ethics. Or maybe I'm just wrong ...

Lots of people sign up for free services expecting to not need more than the free tier, you cant expect them all to neurotically check their # of DNS queries.

You should offer prepayment on accounts, then either charge customers accounts or cut them off when they roll over the 250k queries mark. Your current model is setting yourself up for lots of tiny unpaid bills as it is designed

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I don't know who he is talking about.... just for the record.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

I'm curious too, tell us who this dickhead is.

in my opinion you have all the rights to name him, charging back after causing so much trouble is unacceptable.

• "This person runs a VPN "business". He has services with almost every low end host here." Pretty much tells us who he is.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@sundaymouse said:
    "This person runs a VPN "business". He has services with almost every low end host here." Pretty much tells us who he is.

If it is so obvious i wouldn't have ask'd about it and that doesn't change the fact that serverian should be allowed to post his details. The abusing guy obviously is no good anyways, better help others save headaches and costs.

• Literally the only person who posts VPN services in Offers, not some mystery

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited February 2014

@serverian said:
    The co-owner of the company has just contacted me and explained me the situation after seeing this thread and sincerely apologized for the trouble.

It was a poor decision and mistake by his business partner and he assured me to take the control on his hands for events like these and make sure never happen in the future.

I've accepted his apology.

Let the bygones be bygones.

If you don't want to name the "business" and have resolved the matter you might want to request this thread closed as I can see the name coming out.

• Please don't name them. They're really polite, courteous people who work hard to keep their service up. Their profit margin is relatively limited but they still provide amazing customer support and work an extra step to keep their customers satisfied.

I'm not really sure how providers feel about that though, but clearly not happy.

• is it @liamwithers ? i cannot imagine he would do that tbh.. disapointing.

• Stop trying to name names please. This thread was not about that. This thread is about the double policy in customer/provider relationship.

Also you are not even getting close.

I've asked for this thread to be closed.

• Then that's a good thing. But its obvious in my eyes as far as I'm concerned.

• @serverian This has happen to me in this month by multiple customers who abuse the node and bringing it down.This month has more down-times than the last 6 months combined due to all abusers.I mostly terminate,lucky to not to receive charge-backs though.Abusers have increased in the recent months I guess

edited February 2014

Removed. Misread post.

• obviously not Liam, I do remember one other guy advertised here. But yeah, we shall not try to name anyone.

• @jarland said:
    This. What a dick move to get so angry about it that you come here to smear your client if you know they run a vpn service. A vpn service is VERY hard to run while respecting your user privacy and working to terminate abuse. A host who has to terminate this user should know that the user is not intentionally generating DMCA notices and should at least be friendly and understanding while knowing they're backed into a corner and forced to hit the terminate button after repeat offenses. Not a situation I would come here and "warn" everyone about. Especially if a fraud record report was filed (even though this isn't fraud).

The guy charged back? how is that acceptable after causing issues?

• @jarland said:
    This. What a dick move to get so angry about it that you come here to smear your client if you know they run a vpn service. A vpn service is VERY hard to run while respecting your user privacy and working to terminate abuse. A host who has to terminate this user should know that the user is not intentionally generating DMCA notices and should at least be friendly and understanding while knowing they're backed into a corner and forced to hit the terminate button after repeat offenses. Not a situation I would come here and "warn" everyone about. Especially if a fraud record report was filed (even though this isn't fraud).

Are you fucking serious? Let me repeat:

• Used the service for months
    • Ran illegal things which resulted DMCA complaints
    • Violated the TOS by running forbidden software
    • Received lots of DDoS attacks which resulted total node downtime numerous times
    • When his IP is nullrouted, he charged back.

I should have taken the loss and be happy about it?

Thanked by 1Wintereise
    edited February 2014

Removed

edited February 2014

@serverian said:
    I should have taken the loss and be happy about it?

Sorry I missed the chargeback. Eyes didn't catch it. Shame them.

• @jarland said:
    Sorry I missed the chargeback. Eyes didn't catch it. Shame them.

@serverian said:

It's early here ;)

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • I don't think it was fair he charged you back, nor does anyone expect you to be happy. The point in question isn't whatever moronic decisions this business may have made but more so concerning how privacy was violated in this instace to reveal the extent of their operation and for those who know which provider it is, descecrate their reputation.

Thanked by 1kerouac