Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases

13»

Comments

• Unless a ticket is flagged to me I do not handle technical support department tickets.

• I PMed you before opening this thread to see if you could sort it out and you just Ignored me.

• The best way to contact me directly is via email or phone. Through PM if you receive a response from me it's anywhere between 72 hrs and a week. I typically have my inbox spammed so I tend not to pay much attention to it

• ztecztec Member

"The importance of server location for SEO "
    The only importance is the location you specify in Google Webmasters tools. For the ping it might have some advantages. But no more advantages you would get from a good caching plugin.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited March 2014

I guess I'm the minority here but I'm with @VivaDesign.

This 45-day refund from first order date makes no sense to me. OP in no way seems like a scammer. He ordered the 2nd VPS and he has issues with it, I think a refund is completely legitimate despite what is worded in the TOS.

Let's think about it this way, you bought a bag of cookies from Amazon and you love it. Then buys another bag 50 days later from Amazon, but it turns out the package is broken and the cookies are moldy. You ask Amazon for a refund of the second bag of cookie and Amazon said, "Too bad, our refund policy only apply within 45 days of your first bag of cookie purchase in order to protect us from cookie scammers." I'm glad that Amazon don't really do this in real life. This is also one of the reasons that they are getting so many customers. They don't get hung up on stupid things like this.

From a business standpoint, if we assume OP's VPS is $7 a month. GreenValueHost may just lost $84 or more potential revenue because of them not willing to refund the $7 from the 2nd VPS that was used for 2 days. That doesn't seem like a sound business decision to me.

• @ztec I have to disagree but that's another debate. There is loads of info about this and it favors IP location.

• ztecztec Member

@VivaDesign said:
    ztec I have to disagree but that's another debate. There is loads of info about this and it favors IP location.

I did research on this. Last year the actual location actually mattered. It doesn't matter anymore now. It changed last months.

• VivaDesignVivaDesign Member
    edited March 2014

@GreenValueHost said:

At this point I think that it's best for us to part ways as you don't seem like the type of client that we'd like to welcome here. Please submit a cancellation request and your cancellation will be processed/account closed thereafter.

I'm confused, are you going to refund me? or did you want to me to request a cancellation and forget about all payments and time left on services. I would like like to close the account and get a refund but in your ticket reply you say your not refunding and your unable to change the GeoIP, but another reply stats you're getting GeoIP sorted within the next 30 days.

ticket
    http://postimg.org/image/5nzdd68z3/