Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases

If you bought a VPS from GVH in January and another one in March (FOR EXAMPLE) but you wanted a refund for the March VPS after 2 days, you will not qualify.
Apparently the 45 days refund policy window only applies to your first purchase and not subsequent separate purchases according to GVH.
So, if I'm happy with my first purchase that I made in January, but I have issues with the VPS I bought in March, they are saying that the Refund Policy has expired 45 days from my original January payment, and therefore I am not entitled to a refund.
Do other hosts have this policy?

Comments

• Well, why would you order another VPS if you weren't happy with the first one? I know this is not your case, but generally, the refund policy does make sense. Haven't we bashed them enough? :)

Thanked by 2Grimmy2 hostnoob
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited February 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    Well, why would you order another VPS if you weren't happy with the first one? I know this is not your case, but generally, the refund policy does make sense. Haven't we bashed them enough? :)

He was happy with the first..

InceptionHosting does this too. Practically wasted my dang 7 bucks on them.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

Refunds are for clients whom are unsatisfied with services purchased.

The 45 days specified in our refund policy starts from when you first purchase the service category. So if you purchase a Virtual Private Server hosting service and then you purchase another Virtual Private Server hosting service, the 45 day money back for any of your Virtual Private Server hosting services starts from your first Virtual Private Server hosting service purchase date. This is for our protection because we can't have clients purchasing a VPS service, cancelling it, claiming their money back, then purchasing the same service and doing a repeat cycle.

Clients should know this when they sign up. Thanks for advocating it for us.

• I understand this policy. It makes seance. Most all providers have this type policy. Stops abuse. If you have a real issue with the 2nd try to work it out or just cancel the 2nd vps.

Thanked by 2Grimmy2 Wintereise
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    Refunds are for clients whom are unsatisfied with services purchased.

The 45 days specified in our refund policy starts from when you first purchase the service category. So if you purchase a Virtual Private Server hosting service and then you purchase another Virtual Private Server hosting service, the 45 day money back for any of your Virtual Private Server hosting services starts from your first Virtual Private Server hosting service purchase date. This is for our protection because we can't have clients purchasing a VPS service, cancelling it, claiming their money back, then purchasing the same service and doing a repeat cycle.

Clients should know this when they sign up. Thanks for advocating it for us.

I think you forgot to include it in your ToS or I am being blind:

Refund Policy
    If you are not satisfied with our services, you may choose to contact our support department or administration in which they will attempt at their best effort to correct any situation(s) you may have. If the problem still cannot be fixed, you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase. 

The following are exceptions to the refund policy: 
    Domain Names 
    Dedicated Servers 
    SSL Certificates 
    cPanel Licenses, WHMCS Licenses, and ClientExec Licenses 
    Account Credits/Funds

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • @Virtovo

You're misreading.

"If you are not satisfied with our services, you may choose to contact our support department or administration in which they will attempt at their best effort to correct any situation(s) you may have. If the problem still cannot be fixed, you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase."

Keyword is original.

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited February 2014

@Virtovo a bit blind. "original purchase" would be the first VPS as worded in this.

But it could also be read as he's not happy with 2nd vps, gets refund on 1st vps and cancels 2nd vps seeing as vps#1 is still within 45days.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited February 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Virtovo

You're misreading.

"If you are not satisfied with our services, you may choose to contact our support department or administration in which they will attempt at their best effort to correct any situation(s) you may have. If the problem still cannot be fixed, you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase."

Keyword is original.
    @princeshoko said:
    Virtovo a bit blind. "original purchase" would be the first VPS as worded in this.

I guess I misread then.

• LeeLee Veteran

A few have this policy and it only works in some instances. If I purchase a VPS from HostX in Atlanta and it runs really well and I then subsequently purchase another in the UK which has uptime or performance issues then I should be able to get a refund within 45 days for the UK VPS but of course not the 1st.

The 45 day money back guarantee should apply to any new VPS which is in a different location in my view.

When its in the same location there should it should not apply however again that's marginal, again even if your in the same location but a different node that does not perform well should be entitled to a refund in my view.

Bottom line, if the reason(s) are justified then a refund should be made.

• If VPS in location one was OK, but VPS in location two was not OK and you only had it for 48hrs no refund is giving?

• @VivaDesign said:
    If VPS in location one was OK, but VPS in location two was not OK and you only had it for 48hrs no refund is giving?

You have not made any attempt to contact us regarding any issues that you may have experienced on your 2nd VPS that you have hosted with us.

• I opened this thread to discuss the policy and other hosts that have the same. Is it fair is it not, what people think, do they know.

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • @VivaDesign said: I opened this thread to discuss the policy and other hosts that have the same. Is it fair is it not, what people think, do they know.

According to me, it is totally fair. I'm siding with @GreenValueHost on this one.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @dhamaniasad said:
    According to me, it is totally fair. I'm siding with GreenValueHost on this one.

Your a host you would.

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • @Jack said:
    Hi Gary how you doing?

Hello Jack,
    You still have my number, your welcome to ring.

• @VivaDesign said:

I am not a provider as of now & I also think the policy is absolutely fair.And I am have been one of the biggest critics of how they run their business & other policies.

People sign up for their vps, ask for refund after a month then get another vps & again ask for refund after 30 days? This is what you want them to allow?

• VivaDesignVivaDesign Member
    edited February 2014

But you would know if something was wrong if the same person asked for a refund over and over again.

• @VivaDesign said:
    But you would know if something was wrong if the same person asked for a refund over and over again.

There should always be exceptions for legit clients but should not be a general rule included in TOS

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2014

I personally think it is a fair term, having read some of the comments I may consider changing it to a per location basis though.

edit: just to add it is only fair if it is clear in the terms that are made available pre purchase, no one forces anyone to buy anything or agree to anything.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @VivaDesign said:
    Your a host you would.

Oh now your just Trolling.

• LeeLee Veteran

K2Bytes said: People sign up for their vps, ask for refund after a month then get another vps & again ask for refund after 30 days? This is what you want them to allow?

No that should not be allowed, but then you are side tracking as this is not what he is asking or even suggesting.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Guess every situation is different and should be handled as such. Depending on the country the provider is based in the las might have something to say about the refund policy that the provider can't work around, no matter the fancy wording.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    No that should not be allowed, but then you are side tracking as this is not what he is asking or even suggesting.

As I said in my later comments

There should always be exceptions for legit clients but should not be a general rule included in TOS

• Sounds like GVH did the right thing.

• @eric1212 said:
    Sounds like GVH did the right thing.

Im not 100% on that, I feel that if you are purchasing a server from hostx and you enjoy it and you purchase another server from hostx and not satisfied with that server you should be able to get a refund based on invoice DATE for each service since they are billed on different days and invoices I think you should be able to do. As long as you did not break any tos or abuse.
    My feeling and my logic.

• Deathstarr said: purchasing a server from hostx and you enjoy it

But he didn't enjoy the first server, and he asked for a refund for it too. Or am I confused?

• @eric1212 your confused

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

im siding with gvh for this case
    op have agree Gvh tos, also most host that I know have same type refund policy.
    @op if you think that tos unfair do you know any host that offer refund for second vps?

• @tuguhost said:
    im siding with gvh for this case
    op have agree Gvh tos, also most host that I know have same type refund policy.
    op if you think that tos unfair do you know any host that offer refund for second vps?

While I agree, GVH could fix the wording in that section of the TOS.

'Original Purchase' could be considered the first invoice or purchase date.