Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH - Refund Policy on Further Purchases

Comments

• Nothing at all wrong with it -- protects companies from abuse.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @jeffreywinters said:I
    'Original Purchase' could be considered the first invoice or purchase date.

would agree with you
    it would better he change that to avoid another missunderstanding

• kerouackerouac Member
    edited February 2014

@VivaDesign @GreenValueHost

I don't think this is fair at all. Any order should be considered seperately.

There's a refund policy in place. It's about being happy or satisfied. For any reason, your client may be unsatisfied. It's subjective. Maybe your client doesn't need a second VPS in that location anymore. It's quite sensible.

@GreenValueHost said:
    This is for our protection because we can't have clients purchasing a VPS service, cancelling it, claiming their money back, then purchasing the same service and doing a repeat cycle.

It's your duty to check for fraud case by case. You shouldn't make up your system by limiting everything because somehow some abusers can show up and scam you. You can easily spot it if somebody does it 3, 4 times in a row.

You're doing this to this client because he has bought two VPSs from you in a row, and wants to give one up. What if there was a client, who got a server used it for a month, than dumped it with 45-day moneyback, then few months later, you've deleted his account from WHMCS or it was deleted automatically as there were no services. He comes again, and gets a server, uses it for a month and dumps it again. You wouldn't be aware at all. Your own policy doesn't even help you. And this would be a much better way to abuse you.

ONLY PROBLEM IS;

this client isn't even doing any of what's mentioned above, not even anything similar;.

1. OP bought and paid for VPS1.
    2. OP used VPS1 for more than 45 daysi, rightfully by paying for the service.
    3. OP bought VPS2, thus paid for VPS2.
    4. OP still wants to use VPS1 that he has paid for and rightfully using, at least for the term he has paid for.
    5. OP is unhappy with VPS2 for any reason, maybe does not need a 2nd one in same DC/provider.
    6. OP wants to cancel VPS2 and get a refund, which he has used ONLY for TWO days.
    7. OP does not want any refund or gain from VPS1 which he has paid in full for and normally used.

This has nothing to do with abuse, nothing to do with scam, and there is no cycle here.

Let me tell you how a scam cycle works; and how its completely different from OPs actions

I buy VPS1, thus pay for it

use it for a month

I get VPS2, pay

I ask for a refund of VPS1,

now I have two months of VPS for price of one month, I keep going

After one month with VPS2, I get VPS3, pay

I ask for 45 day refund of VPS2, and use VPS3 for a month

I get VPS 4, pay

Ask for VPS3's refund, use VPS 4 for the next month,

WOW infinite VPS for one months price

So tell us,

How is OPs situation related to this one?

It's the exact opposite. He wants a refund for THE SECOND VPS.

How is this abusive?

Some providers just keep on putting in details details details to their TOS, policies etc. It just makes you look bad.

From the threads I've seen, I know I would never get anything from GreenValueHost. And that should be enough for you, to check how you do business.

Of couse your "business model" doesn't require long term clients or trust.

Thanks.

• @kerouac said: @VivaDesign @GreenValueHost

I don't think this is fair at all. Any order should be considered seperately.

There's a refund policy in place. It's about being happy or satisfied. For any reason, your client may be unsatisfied. It's subjective. Maybe your client doesn't need a second VPS in that location anymore. It's quite sensible.

@GreenValueHost said: This is for our protection because we can't have clients purchasing a VPS service, cancelling it, claiming their money back, then purchasing the same service and doing a repeat cycle.

It's your duty to check for fraud case by case. You shouldn't make up your system by limiting everything because somehow some abusers can show up and scam you. You can easily spot it if somebody does it 3, 4 times in a row.

You're doing this to this client because he has bought two VPSs from you in a row, and wants to give one up. What if there was a client, who got a server used it for a month, than dumped it with 45-day moneyback, then few months later, you've deleted his account from WHMCS or it was deleted automatically as there were no services. He comes again, and gets a server, uses it for a month and dumps it again. You wouldn't be aware at all. Your own policy doesn't even help you. And this would be a much better way to abuse you.

ONLY PROBLEM IS;

this client isn't even doing any of what's mentioned above, not even anything similar;.

OP bought and paid for VPS1.

OP used VPS1 for more than 45 daysi, rightfully by paying for the service.
    OP bought VPS2, thus paid for VPS2.
    OP still wants to use VPS1 that he has paid for and rightfully using, at least for the term he has paid for.
    OP is unhappy with VPS2 for any reason, maybe does not need a 2nd one in same DC/provider.
    OP wants to cancel VPS2 and get a refund, which he has used ONLY for TWO days.
    OP does not want any refund or gain from VPS1 which he has paid in full for and normally used.
    This has nothing to do with abuse, nothing to do with scam, and there is no cycle here.

Let me tell you how a scam cycle works; and how its completely different from OPs actions

I buy VPS1, thus pay for it

use it for a month

I get VPS2, pay

I ask for a refund of VPS1,

now I have two months of VPS for price of one month, I keep going

After one month with VPS2, I get VPS3, pay

I ask for 45 day refund of VPS2, and use VPS3 for a month

I get VPS 4, pay

Ask for VPS3's refund, use VPS 4 for the next month,

WOW infinite VPS for one months price

So tell us,

How is OPs situation related to this one?

It's the exact opposite. He wants a refund for THE SECOND VPS.

How is this abusive?

Some providers just keep on putting in details details details to their TOS, policies etc. It just makes you look bad.

From the threads I've seen, I know I would never get anything from GreenValueHost. And that should be enough for you, to check how you do business.

Of couse your "business model" doesn't require long term clients or trust.

Thanks.

OP signed up for a VPS from GVH, and at the time of signing up, he agreed upon GVHs TOS and AUP. This policy is extremely fair. Even big hosts like HostGator and the like have similar policies, why don't you go to the CEO of EIG and share this story with him? Come on, I know many things might be wrong with GVH and how they run their business, but this ain't one. They are doing this right, so let them be. How much are you going to bash them? Its like you don't even need a reason. If you would have bashed them for something legit, I would have sided with you, but this isn't legit. If they bend their policies for one of their clients just because he opens up a thread on LET to bash them, then they're opening doors for many more abusive relationships. You know, trying to explain this to you is feeling like trying to bang my head in the wall. There is nothing wrong with this policy from GVH's side, if OP doesn't want the second VPS, he can ask for it to be cancelled immediately, or he can use it to the terms end. I don't see what the problem is here, its not like GVH is saying we won't let you use the VPS. Leave them alone for once.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Bottom line, if you don't agree to the refund terms or simply do not like them.. don't buy. no one forces anyone to buy anything.

The term is present to prevent abuse, refunds cost time and money, please don't expect people to not only work for free but then also pay for anyone else's unwillingness to accept the choice was their own to make.

I absolutely agree each case should be considered on its own merit, but there is a line where the answer just needs to be no without fear of people complaining on line and throwing the scan/fraud word around.

Thanked by 3mpkossen Xei Wintereise
  • The only thing I'd say in the OPs defence is that the ToS is ambiguous. To many; 'original purchase' will mean the first payment for a service not including subsequent payments for the same service.

you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase.

Should be something like:

you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your first order only.

Thanked by 3mpkossen mikeg Noerman
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Virtovo actually I agree with that.

• @dhamaniasad said:

I'm not an anti-GVH advocate or anything like that. I'm a user here like all of you, who's pointing out something that has begun to look like a normal thing for GVH.

Again, there's nothing abusive about OP's request. @GreenValueHost themselves have mentioned a possible abuse cycle*, which is **not possible with OPs request. That would be the case if OP had asked for the first VPS's refund.

Frankly, I'm not affected by any business practice anyone wants to implement. But I can easily imagine OP would drop all his products once the terms are over, as he would be annoyed now. Had GVH given him the refund for the 2nd VPS, maybe that would've been a customer that would keep on being a customer for a long time. Do you see what I'm getting at?

• Just be glad that they do refunds!

• for me 45 days just a fake promise from provider , it just a marketing strategies

• It cant be good for business. I do think a lot of people buy a second VPS off the same provider thinking there covered by a refund. You buy a second one and there is no refund, even if you have had it less than one hour.

• LeeLee Veteran

@VivaDesign said:
    It cant be good for business. I do think a lot of people buy a second VPS off the same provider thinking there covered by a refund. You buy a second one and there is no refund, even if you have had it less than one hour.

There is nothing wrong with stating refunds only apply to the first x days of your first purchase. If you had the 2nd less than an hour then I can't see how you would have time to determine it was no good. If it was a mistake (hard to make) then all you can do is negotiate with the provider but you have no cause for complaint if they say no.

Each case on it's own merits but there needs to be a good reason.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • You need to read the whole thread.

• LeeLee Veteran

What makes you think I have not read it?

• @Virtovo you have bang on.
    It seems there have deliberately created a grey area in their refund policy.

• Its all about flexible, and case by case, sometimes things happen the way we don't like it, like gvh servers sucks that many theads about gvh would not want. Eh :)

• TOS is death, human is alive.

@vivadesign could try to explain the condition, and @GreenValueHost just put some effort to investigate the case. If really @vivadesgin is truth, can just refund.

Customer happy, own repo increase, they will return again to you too.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Account credit FTW.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Nick_A said:
    Account credit FTW.

Not everybody allows that, though. Unfortunately.

• Have you tried contacting HVH, CVPS or CC?

Maybe one of those will give execute a refund for you? (best emailing after 3.45pm est)

• @Virtovo said:
    The only thing I'd say in the OPs defence is that the ToS is ambiguous. To many; 'original purchase' will mean the first payment for a service not including subsequent payments for the same service.

you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase.

Should be something like:

you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your first order only.

I agree with this too, this could be misconstrued by a lot of people thinking that the refund was unique to each purchase.

• We do not offer refunds even due to all abuse from trolls,but we do offer account credits.

• So basically what you all are saying is just buy one vps from us.

Why should a customer chance getting a crappy node? It seems from the comments in this topic buying from another provider is their best recourse.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@lazyt said:
    So basically what you all are saying is just buy one vps from us.

Why should a customer chance getting a crappy node? It seems from the comments in this topic buying from another provider is their best recourse.

You should never have to risk getting a crappy node. Every node should have the same stability and performance. If not, you need to re-evaluate where your business is heading.

• Nick_A said: Account credit FTW.

That makes sense. Prorated account credit will be fine too. In the case of OP, he could use it to pay for the next invoice, rather than keeping an unsatisfactory service.

• Refund Policy

If you are not satisfied with our services, you may choose to contact our support department or administration in which they will attempt at their best effort to correct any situation(s) you may have. If the problem still cannot be fixed, you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase.

The following are exceptions to the refund policy:

Domain Names
    Dedicated Servers
    SSL Certificates
    cPanel Licenses, WHMCS Licenses, and ClientExec Licenses
    Account Credits/Funds

Without any elaboration original simply means initial payment, it does not mean the first purchased product by a certain customer, that is practically never what original in billing means.

That said, a VPS with different specifications or more important different location and thus different physical network can't be considered the same product refund-wise. That's like me buying a bike for me and my friend but only being able to return the first purchased one even if they're completely different bikes...

• VivaDesignVivaDesign Member
    edited March 2014

The importance of server location for SEO was the reason I bought this particular VPS, I've just got back from tramping to find a email stating the IP has changed. I'm at the point where I'm purchasing 1 VPS p/month, these are for friends and business owners I meet on my travels. I'll never buy from GVH again, nor will I recommend them.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

@VivaDesign said:
    The importance of server location for SEO was the reason I bought this particular VPS, I've just got back from tramping to find a email stating the IP has changed. I'm at the point where I'm purchasing 1 VPS p/month, these are for friends and business owners I meet on my travels. I'll never buy from GVH again, nor will I recommend them.

The reasons for why your IP is being changed was explained both in the email we sent everyone and also on a thread posted on here. A 14 days prior notice is being given.

At this point I think that it's best for us to part ways as you don't seem like the type of client that we'd like to welcome here. Please submit a cancellation request and your cancellation will be processed/account closed thereafter.

• What amazes me is you answer this thread before you reply to a ticket I opened 2 hours ago.

• He does that on webhostingtalk too, frequently