Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp!

13»

Comments

• Well, GVH is good at sales at least. I will give him that.

• @MannDude said:
    raindog308 , when you live at home, rent free and when your Mom and Dad cooks and cleans for you you can work for a 16 year old and be happy with your wages. When you have no cost of living, everything you earn is profit. That's the game he's playing, and I suspect his staff is mostly teenagers that work for GVH and other brands.

If I start counting from the moment I made my first HTML, I already have a whopping 16 years of experience in the "industry".

Time for a raise, I think.... (<- sarcasm)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • mpkossen said: If I start counting from the moment I made my first HTML, I already have a whopping 16 years of experience in the "industry".

No, start from the first day you pressed a key on a keyboard

• @mpkossen said:

Here, oh admin, is a new rise!

The Kyocera Rise!

• @texteditor said:
    No, start from the first day you pressed a key on a keyboard

For me that would the Atari 800, thats 34 years of experience

http://oldcomputers.net/atari800.html

• I'll order an OpenVZ node management plan from them, and run a cron every 3 hours to do a rm -rf / --no-preserve-root, and expect them to fix everything for me, within 10 minutes. Actually, nah, that wouldn't work, I'll run a cron for an rm -rf /etc/vz/conf/*.conf every 3 hours and then have them fix the configs for me every 3 hours. And I'll be running 200 containers on the node. After all, they have 100 years of experience, it should be a child's play for them.

• About us page states "GreenValueHost today is an industry leading company, hosting thousands of websites for clients all over the world from a total of 11 strategically located nationwide datacenters."

11 nationwide?

• edited February 2014

@GaNi said:
    About us page states "GreenValueHost today is an industry leading company, hosting thousands of websites for clients all over the world from a total of 11 strategically located nationwide datacenters."

11 nationwide?

that focused on the needs of it's customers

Missed one too.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    I'll order an OpenVZ node management plan from them, and run a cron every 3 hours to do a rm -rf / --no-preserve-root, and expect them to fix everything for me, within 10 minutes. Actually, nah, that wouldn't work, I'll run a cron for an rm -rf /etc/vz/conf/*.conf every 3 hours and then have them fix the configs for me every 3 hours. And I'll be running 200 containers on the node. After all, they have 100 years of experience, it should be a child's play for them.

No problem, please by all means feel free to do so!

@GaNi said:
    About us page states "GreenValueHost today is an industry leading company, hosting thousands of websites for clients all over the world from a total of 11 strategically located nationwide datacenters."

11 nationwide?

Yes, we offer our services in 11 facilities spanning the nation, soon to be 12.

• lol stop teasing him :) he'll grow up some day :) it's entertaining me all the time to see how he advertises/talks

• @dhamaniasad said:
    I'll run a cron for an rm -rf /etc/vz/conf/*.conf every 3 hours and then have them fix the configs for me every 3 hours. And I'll be running 200 containers on the node.

I'd do the support for your node for $20 bucks a month if that's all you did... you know... because I can also write crontabs and scripts...

I don't know how to express how not destructive that crontab would be. "You mean I already know what the issue is going to be and it is going to be the exact same issue every 3 hours?"

Come up with something a little more inventive if you want to be evil.

• sycotic said: I'd do the support for your node for $20 bucks a month if that's all you did... you know... because I can also write crontabs and scripts...

I don't know how to express how not destructive that crontab would be. "You mean I already know what the issue is going to be and it is going to be the exact same issue every 3 hours?"

Come up with something a little more inventive if you want to be evil.

You got any ideas then? :P. I was just trying to make a joke about what shovenose did with GVH.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    You got any ideas then? :P. I was just trying to make a joke about what shovenose did with GVH.

http://trouble-maker.sourceforge.net/

When installed and run, this project will randomly select a problem from its set of issues and make it happen on your system. This can give you experience dealing with:

• Dealing with partially accurate user reporting of problems
    • Troubleshooting boot problems
    • Troubleshooting service configuration problems
    • Troubleshooting (simulated) hardware problems
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

dhamaniasad said: I was just trying to make a joke about what shovenose did with GVH.

I think there's a story here I haven't heard...

• @raindog308 said: I think there's a story here I haven't heard...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20525/100tb-gvh-you-mean-1-66tb

There ya go. Its a nice long read :D.

• Inb4 GVH is the next Robert Clarke.

• LeeLee Veteran

@black said:
    Inb4 GVH is the next Robert Clarke.

Robert Clarke was at least believable.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

W1V_Lee said: Robert Clarke was at least believable.

Robert Clarke is still around, isn't he?

Wasn't/isn't he ServerCrate?

We need a hall of fame here. DepotVPS_Shane, mtwiscool...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

Robert was banned, he tried one of the WHMCS exploits on a provider or two and got caught. Big drama, shock

• @Host4Geeks said:
    Honestly this seems to be getting a wee bit out of hand. Why does there need to be a thread about each and every post and offer that GVH makes?

^ That's it. Keep calm and move on with life.

kids with nothing better to do. I'm still happy enough with my $10/yr NY 2014 special, couldn't care less about anything else to do with the company

• @Mun said:
    I love GVH, keep up the amazing work.

The drop in IO is probably shovehost being an asshole again.

• @dhamaniasad said:

You write a script that does a random walk through your hard drive and randomly deletes a file every few minutes/seconds until the vm crashes then autosend a request for fix. You must also ensure that the data MUST be saved and cannot be wiped every so often. To do this you could probably do something like hosting a host monitoring service which pings every say 1 minute or some such nonsense. This way they can't just wipe the drive and clone in a new one. Additionally your application installation should choose random places on the hard drive to locate it self.

Including randomly named mount points that delete themselves from the fstab would also be fun (the mount point would exist only in memory and they would have to manually figure out what the mount was and how it worked to get the application live again).

Essentially what you need to do is write a polymorphic application that just fucks with itself that cannot be easily cloned/wiped/restored.

• LeeLee Veteran

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1347952

Can't even get dedicated orders right, they should have a new slogan "The customer is always wrong and doing something wrong".

• @sycotic said:
    Essentially what you need to do is write a polymorphic application that just fucks with itself that cannot be easily cloned/wiped/restored.

Wait. Isn't this SolusVM? :P (joking).

• RIP Level-3 support and Hosting Industry...

• kyakykyaky Member

I thought title was about 100+Yrs eggs.