Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp!

Comments

• @PcJamesy said:
    Do you happen to be on NY1? Before they gave me a vps on another node they told e that the servers IO was fine (They said they recived 90MB/s on the node) even if mine frequently received dd numbers bellow 10MB/s. The new node they put me on gets around 200MB/s.

Yes I am on NY1.

Had 4.6 MBps earlier this week. :)

I love GVH, keep up the amazing work.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@PcJamesy said:
    Do you happen to be on NY1? Before they gave me a vps on another node they told e that the servers IO was fine (They said they recived 90MB/s on the node) even if mine frequently received dd numbers bellow 10MB/s. The new node they put me on gets around 200MB/s.

Sounds like Jeremiah is answering GVH tickets lol

• Mun can we move you to another node please?

We're aware of the issues on NY1. It's an old node and we're going to be replacing it soon.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Mun can we move you to another node please?

We're aware of the issues on NY1. It's an old node and we're going to be replacing it soon.

Sure thing :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    We're just that good.

BTW, can you provide some evidence that you own the trademark in your WHT sig? A TESS search doesn't find it. And as a 16-year-old, you can't file for one.

It's also nonsensical (is everyone else offering "false" web hosting?)

• GreenValueHost said: Not to mention that there's a 45 day money back guarantee on all of these plans as well. If you want to order, make us do a thousand hours of work, and you end up unsatisfied, you can get a full 100% no questions asked refund.

Didn't you do this in 2013, but then cancelled the services because customers abused it?
    I will hire your team, just to test this. Expect a HUGE load of work incoming....

;)

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • raindog308 said: BTW, can you provide some evidence that you own the trademark in your WHT sig? A TESS search doesn't find it. And as a 16-year-old, you can't file for one.

It's also nonsensical (is everyone else offering "false" web hosting?)

May want to check and see if Wal-Mart does not own the the TM on the Great Value. Since that happens to be the name of their store brand products.

Thanked by 1eric1212
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

@raindog308

It seems like you don't know your trade marks.

The sign "TM" = unregistered trademark

The sign "R" = registered trademark.

Although we could have registered our slogan, we didn't feel the need to honestly. Our brand is already incorporated and that's enough.

Our slogan isn't an infringement on the "Great Value" brand because we are using it as an adjective to describe our web hosting.

@eric1212 - Sure thing! Please feel free.

"I was convinced by a knowledgeable businessman and friend the other day to give his Indian team a chance at working at our helpdesk at a small cost and I caved in and accepted the offer. Their 1st day of working was yesterday. So far the team has been doing an absolutely phenominal job and I'm very proud of them. "

• 16-year-old GVH "CEO"

"Our in-house American Based systems administrators ".- Jonathan lying on WHT

https://vpsboard.com/topic/3230-greenvaluehost-outsources-customer-support-to-india/#entry47769

• We have both American and Indian techs. The majority of our techs are American. Our lead sys admin/tech is @Rallias who lives in the US.

I am not the CEO of GVH.
    You can learn more about our management team on our About Us page.

• @GreenValueHost

GreenValueHost said: LowEndTalk's #1 budget premium host

How?

• I think a ban should be in order here don't you?

Image as proof of sig - http://i58.tinypic.com/6jmvm0.png

GreenValueHost said: We have both American and Indian techs. The majority of our techs are American. Our lead sys admin/tech is @Rallias who lives in the US.

I don't believe you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Spending some time reading the site. Now remember, I'm a GVH client. I'm not here to trash. I found this interesting though, on this page:

http://www.greenvaluehost.com/aboutus.html

"Our average response time to tickets is an industry leading 10 minutes, and our uptime guarantee is 100%"

Do you keep stats of this? Because with the offers you keep making here, that's nothing short of incredible. Not saying I doubt it, out loud anyway. Just curious.

@GreenValueHost said:
    We have both American and Indian techs. The majority of our techs are American. Our lead sys admin/tech is Rallias who lives in the US.

So you lied in your WHT advertisement?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    Not to mention that there's a 45 day money back guarantee on all of these plans as well. If you want to order, make us do a thousand hours of work, and you end up unsatisfied, you can get a full 100% no questions asked refund.

We're just that good.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't work like that.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2014

[removed]

I think he once said he has 18 techs.

To have 100 years of experience, each would need ~5.6 years of experience.

18 U.S. techs - and they're "seasoned professionals" - for $9.95/month.

Riiiiiiight...

A company that has a lot more credibility is Platinium Server Management. I haven't used them myself, but they charge $29/month and have significant restrictions on what they support (e.g., cPanel is required).

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2014

@ATHK said:
    [removed]

Wrong thread, dude.

• So it is, sorry about that...

• everyone claim to be

said: industry leader

• @raindog308 said:
    So you lied in your WHT advertisement?

No, please don't put words in my mouth. The techs that would primarily be working to manage servers for those plans would be American.

I think at one point you said you have 18 techs.

100 years' experience / 18 = 5.6 years per tech. They're all "seasoned professionals" according and US-based.

I don't know what "seasoned professionals" with 5.6 years of Linux/hosting admin knowledge go for, but they have to be at least $75K each for senior-level admin talent, plus benefits. And that would be the cheap end of the scale. Let's say benefits add another 30%, which is again a very conservative estimate.

$75,000 * 1.3 * 18 = $1.75 million per year in salaries.

Even if they were only paid $50,000 per year, it would be $1.1 million.

Do you really think a 16-year-old who started his "business" a year ago and is in high school most of the day is paying $1 million+ a year to his techs?

Thanked by 2tommy darkshire
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2014

GreenValueHost said: No, please don't put words in my mouth. The techs that would primarily be working to manage servers for those plans would be American.

Do their combined ages even equal 100 years?

From what I understand you've got some teens around your age working for you that are in the US/UK.

@raindog308 , when you live at home, rent free and when your Mom and Dad cooks and cleans for you you can work for a 16 year old and be happy with your wages. When you have no cost of living, everything you earn is profit. That's the game he's playing, and I suspect his staff is mostly teenagers that work for GVH and other brands.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

@MannDude said:
    raindog308 , when you live at home, rent free and when your Mom and Dad cooks and cleans for you you can work for a 16 year old and be happy with your wages. When you have no cost of living, everything you earn is profit. That's the game he's playing, and I suspect his staff is mostly teenagers that work for GVH and other brands.

No, this is false. Our staff is mostly comprised of adults, and I do not solo-run GVH.

• Here we go again.

• XeiXei Member
    edited February 2014

I have never used GVH and don't ever plan to but this thread is pretty unwarranted. The claim may or may not be true and sounds a bit silly but it doesn't mean you need to make a thread just to ridicule or bash them over it.

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    raindog308

It seems like you don't know your trade marks.

The sign "TM" = unregistered trademark

The sign "R" = registered trademark.

Although we could have registered our slogan, we didn't feel the need to honestly. Our brand is already incorporated and that's enough.

Our slogan isn't an infringement on the "Great Value" brand because we are using it as an adjective to describe our web hosting.

You absolutely could NOT have registered that. Also, the TM is usually indicative of a pending registration which is really the only reason to append it. While what you say is true, it makes absolutely zero sense in the context you use it, especially given that defense of infringement on your mark would be nearly impossible.

Thanked by 1darkshire

"Our brand is already incorporated".

And you're complaining I don't understand IP...

Thanked by 1sycotic
  • @raindog308 said:
    And you're complaining I don't understand IP...

http://i.imgur.com/vAdQ3sf.png

• LeeLee Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    No, this is false. Our staff is mostly comprised of adults, and I do not solo-run GVH.

You will never learn though, won't be long before your next "I made mistakes, let's make a fresh start" thread.