Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mycustomhosting Suspended VPS with unreasonable - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mycustomhosting Suspended VPS with unreasonable

Comments

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited January 2014

I think the confusion here is the term "terminated" which both partys use, but also use the term 'suspended'

This is the point of confusion

People, including my statement are in response to the term used "terminated" in which the general sense is that there was no time in between to resolve the situation in a normal matter.

Though both have also used the term 'suspended' now and MCH say it is still suspended at this time of writing this post. (where it is reasonable for MCH to feel defensive that this post is taking place... if in fact it is only 'suspended')

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

@HC_Ro said:
    I think the confusion here is the term "terminated" which both partys use, but also use the term 'suspended'

This is the point of confusion

People, including my statement are in response to the term used "terminated" in which the general sense is that there was no time in between to resolve the situation in a normal matter.

Though both have also used the term 'suspended' now and MCH say it is still suspended at this time of writing this post. (where it is reasonable for MCH to feel defensive that this post is taking place... if in fact it is only 'suspended')

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2052/26vt.png

and

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2705/mtew.png

His service was suspended (read as disabled) initially and upon his denial of there being an issue with his VPS after (keyword) I provided him log proof that his VPS was used in an attack. This turned into a termination (read as no reinstatement aka disabled permanently) his VPS was never deleted and just needs to reply to his ticket and provide information for the data to be sent to him.

All he had to do was say eh well I may have been hacked or can I look into this. Not, this couldn't be me. It was your responsibility to ensure your server is not used for nefarious activities.

Thanked by 2fapvps vRozenSch00n
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited January 2014

ZeroCool, so in short. Get in touch with the ticket and get a download link for the data.

Pretend MCHPhil is AcidBurn and you are sneaking into the office to download the VM off Phils computer if that makes you feel any better.

Afterall you did crash 1507 systems in one day!

• fapvpsfapvps Member
    edited January 2014

Now this makes more sense.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • if this problem under my mistake and true i do ddos attack then mycutomhosting can suspended or terminate i will no make it problem, but this is not me, then when i ask to unsuspended to fix all the issue provider must do it, that is fair

• CoryCory Member
    edited January 2014

Based on what I've read in this thread, @MCHPhil took the correct course of action. As a current customer, I'm happy with the service and communication that @MCHPhil provides.

• @Cory said:
    Based on what I've read in this thread, MCHPhil took the correct course of action. As a current customer, I'm happy with the service and communication that MCHPhil provides.

me to happy with sir phil service but you not under my issue right, if you have problem same with me then you will never said like that

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • If it originated from your VPS, your responsible, whether you did it or not makes no difference as you are responsible for the contents and actions of your VPS.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @connercg said:
    If it originated from your VPS, your responsible, whether you did it or not makes no difference as you are responsible for the contents and actions of your VPS.

the vps has been more one month no in use but still active, no active site or etc in there and has been one week i not open the vps then how i do ddos attack

if this kloxo problem then i don't know about that becouse other my vps use kloxo has been 1 year and not have problem

• you really should read some security guides @zerocool

it can save you alot of trouble in the future.

• @Mark_R said:
    you really should read some security guides zerocool

it can save you alot of trouble in the future.

yes special kloxo issue i has been have a little solution, uncle google give me the answer

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

Here's a question. Not had this come up before. How would you provide the backup for customer?

We are talking 80Gb compressed.

Turning the VPS on is out of the question as it is compromised. I could bring it up so he could access it via VNC but without network access that is pointless.

I also will not access his VPS to persay "clean" or "secure" it.

Am I responsible for converting his backup to something he might use? I don't offer this type of service normally. So there is no standard for it. If a customer wants to restore a backup it's a all or nothing deal, for KVM at least, right now.

• @MCHPhil if the customer DDosed by using one of your services, I think you have every right to destroy whatever there is, so kill'em.

• @MCHPhil, qemu-img can take a host_device (which is basically a LVM partition) and spew out a qcow2 image.

That qcow2 image is what you should give him, assuming you're still in favor of giving him his data.

Temporarily host it somewhere, I have a export server just to give clients their archived data -- comes in handy.

Thanked by 2upfreak MCHPhil
  • ZeroCool said: if this problem under my mistake and true i do ddos attack then mycutomhosting can suspended or terminate i will no make it problem, but this is not me, then when i ask to unsuspended to fix all the issue provider must do it, that is fair

ZeroCool said: the vps has been more one month no in use but still active, no active site or etc in there and has been one week i not open the vps then how i do ddos attack

if this kloxo problem then i don't know about that becouse other my vps use kloxo has been 1 year and not have problem

You just won't accept your fault, will you? I feel like banging my head on a wall over and over again after reading your responses.

Just FYI, for people who'd assume that I am saying that due to his language barrier, no, I'm not. Its just his general lack of responsible behavior, and his not owning up to his mistakes, which was the fact that he ran Kloxo in the first place.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Oh god Kloxo. There's a reason BlueVM tossed that template when we moved away from HyperVM. The fact that it hadn't been updated in a long time notwithstanding, it comes with bind9 set to recurse BY DEFAULT. DNS Reflection anyone?

• @Magiobiwan if you have time to post here, why don't you fix your damn server?

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • @MorningIris I don't see any servers offline right now. Is one of your VPSes offline? Open a ticket if it is and you can't boot it through Feathur.

• Technically you posted on my wall. BUT it works I suppose.

• @Magiobiwan sleepy...:)

• When you order an unmanaged server and your VPS is hacked it is YOUR responsibility to keep it secure. Idle or not. MCH was doing his job by suspending it. You know how many.customers break the law and claim ignorance of anything that's going on?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

@Wintereise said:
    MCHPhil, qemu-img can take a host_device (which is basically a LVM partition) and spew out a qcow2 image.

That qcow2 image is what you should give him, assuming you're still in favor of giving him his data.

Temporarily host it somewhere, I have a export server just to give clients their archived data -- comes in handy.

I have no problem providing him the data. Just the sheer size of the VM is what will make this tricky. Hopefully he isn't using a slow connection. Thank you for the information!

I like that idea. I think I will setup a secured FTP VPS for just this. Can place a backup on VM and just create a login with correct permissions for anyone that needs this. Make it simple for myself in the future.

Thank you again, Wintereise!

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited January 2014

i has been request for make on the vps and give me a short time to take my data , meybe 30 minutesthen all is done, becouse i no need take all just my new site theme design becouse only that i not the backup, but you not give it , and this has been more than 6 hour i am waiting but still nothing get it

you very not cooporate when this not my full mistake, i just need little time to take it

• @zerocool go outside, get some fresh air and as you are admiring the birds flying so effortlessly in the sky...ask yourself one question: "why didn't I take a backup?". I'm sorry you got hacked but the more you talk, the more I think you're better off with shared hosting

Thanked by 2DalComp connercg
    edited January 2014

@craigb said:
    zerocool go outside, get some fresh air and as you are admiring the birds flying so effortlessly in the sky...ask yourself one question: "why didn't I take a backup?". I'm sorry you got hacked but the more you talk, the more I think you're better off with shared hosting

please read again.. this not about hacked dude, please read from first page then comment

i think you don't know what is hacked and what is abuse network, try googling

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ZeroCool said:
    i think you don't know what is hacked and what is abuse network, try googling

He is right. Please keep yourself in shared hosting, learn basic security and backups, the return to VPS industry

• @netomx said:
    He is right. Please keep yourself in shared hosting, learn basic security and backups, the return to VPS industry

learn basic securty...i will pay you 100 dollar if you can hacked my vps

• ZeroCool said: learn basic securty...i will pay you 100 dollar if you can hacked my vps

You shouldn't just throw around money like that, since after reading your replies, one thing I've understood is that you're extremely ignorant and even though you've been hacked already, you just aren't willing to accept that. I am pretty sure that anyone could easily hack your VPS since you're using Kloxo.

edited January 2014

still not proof my kloxo under problem, provider not showing that
    just giv info network abusing, i need someone can make it right that kloxo problem until know i just now it's network abuse not about kloxo

This discussion has been closed.