Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unbeatable Ramnode - So Much Happy :) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unbeatable Ramnode - So Much Happy :)

124»

Comments

• @Maounique said:
    I was not talking about happy customers praising whatever they wish, I was not even talking to Nick_A, even tho he begs for my attention lately, I was replying Anthony. If you care to read what I say, you will see it has nothing to do with happy customers, only with their method to measure something and also about nobody else being able to "compete" in the dd "test". That is all, the rest of your rant is irrelevant.

You are acting like a proud person.Your service might me good but it doesn't mean you come to other providers thread and post bad comments about them next time please watch yourself before posting something.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@instatech said:
    you come to other providers thread and post bad comments about them next time please watch yourself before posting something.

1. I am not on a provider's thread. At least I thought so, if you have proof Ironhide works for Ramnode, please share. He only shamelesly posted some affiliate link which was removed. I think this is not a nice thing to do, but I made no comment about this before now.
    2. Please point me to a bad comment I made about Ramnode.
    3. Please read what you criticize first. You may actually find reasons to nitpick if you look carefully.
  • Well I gueaa , dont be so much rude with maonique. One can comment where ever one want. Regardless what he says will not effect ramnode performance so. Lets cool it down.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I stand by my point no one can compete with ramnode right now for sequential io. No one.

A one off result or running from shm does not mean you can compete with the consistent performance ramnode clearly provides and is celebrated for.

Sadly in mao style you have to turn everything into a marketing pitch
    for prometeus.

Thanked by 2Nick_A alexvolk

I think I already explained it in capitals. Besides, there is a difference between can and wants. As both me and Uncle explained a few times the sequential writing not only that is irrelevant to actual disk performance in most cases (unless really-really low results), but lately does not even have many things in common with the disks themselves as it happens in the controller's cache.
    I am not sure what everyone reads, but it is certainly not what I write.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited January 2014

Maounique said: He only shamelesly posted some affiliate link which was removed

I didn't post it "SHAMELESSLY" Mao. I posted it after someone asked for it and it was clearly written beside the link that it is an affiliate url, and that was added long after the original post was made. After @jCaleb removed it - I understood that this is not allowed and it was totally fine with me.

Now I don't know why the fuck you came with an intention to show off with your metrics because that really doesn't matter. Both @Nick_A's Ramnode and your Prometeus are top notch and both of you have happy clients, very happy I should say. People know both of you, so a competition or trying to prove someone better than other is pure meaningless here. LET members are usually good at doing their homework, Mao.

And no, I don't work for Ramnode or anyone else here, so I don't use a signature like "I work for X, Y and Z but my comments are my own". And just because I am happy with Ramnode doesn't mean that I am not happy with anyone else.

Thank You!

Thanked by 2Mitsuhashi alexvolk
    edited January 2014

ironhide said: o a competition or trying to prove someone better than other is pure meaningless here.

So we all agree. As I said, we do not compete, therefore everything fine.
    We also agree that metric is largely irrelevant too, so I dont see where is the disagreement and why the attacks against me (well, besides the usual TL;DR haters which see someone is attacking maounique and they join the crowd) :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Don't kid yourself. Imagine if someone made an "I love Prometeus!" thread and I jumped in and said, "Actually, we're just as fast as them," with the smuggest attitude I could possibly muster. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it--it's distasteful and unbecoming. If you weren't trying to compete, you would not have responded to @AnthonySmith with, "Ask Erawan, we had 1.9, nobody beat that yet." You have no tact, and it's very clear you feel cheated by this thread somehow. You're practically turning green.

It's frankly wearying trying to read a single thing you write because of how oblivious you are to how people perceive you. What was a pleasant, undramatic thread has now left me with a distinctly sour taste in my mouth thanks to you.

• Maounique said: As I said, we do not compete, therefore everything fine.

Then why are you in this thread?

Yep I was complimenting a provider that isa direct competitor by location... not fun but credit where it is due and it is very much due.

Mao pops in to say actually we are faster we have a san we do this blah blah blah while posting dd results ran from ram...

Everything is just about diverting attention you are clever about the way you do it but after years it gets obvious.

Thanked by 2Mitsuhashi alexvolk
    edited January 2014

First, we have no affiliates. Therefore, this kind of thread about Prometeus is very rarely seen, even so, I never chased away anyone. Not even from offers threads.
    Second, it is nothing new we always maintained (me before I even worked for Prometeus), this is irrelevant and who competes for speed in "dd tests" is largely wasting resources for no actual performance gain. That is not only my opinion, but the opinion of the majority of people here, especially the majority that knows what they are talking about. The only difference lately which made the test even more irrelevant is that it takes place in the controller's memory.
    Third, you started insulting me about begging for attention. I say these things on many threads nobody got red in their face before, frankly, I am still looking for the real reasons of the these attacks. It is not even controversial stuff, all people agree (well, almost there are still some newbies that do not really know how storage works). I was not even talking to you before you felt the urge to insult me.
    Fourth, my remark was a vague amendment to Anthony's one that nobody CAN compete in that test which is obviously wrong. Even without competing and special tweaks there can be such results on big cache controllers.
    Fifth, why do you want to pick a fight with me ? We dont even disagree, I also consider Ramnode an excellent provider and you a good manager, are you sure you wish to continue to attack me? I might start to do those things you accuse me of, let the crime fit the punishment!

edited January 2014

Not even going to read that you < lovely cook >. My point stands regardless no one can consistently complete with ramnode on sequential io.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Not even going to read that you egotistical idiot. My point stands regardless no one can consistently complete with ramnode on sequential io.

Thank you, proud member of the TL;DR crowd !

The rest I do not even understand, unless you mean compete. You probably cant, but others can, however, almost nobody wants and shouldnt want as this is a loss for the company and customers in general.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2014

I think it's time for all the LE hosts and employees to put down the keyboards and settle their differences Anchorman-style.

edited January 2014

Lol.

For tl;dr

Mao invades thread to promote prometeus.

Mao talks rubbish.

Mao trys to divert attention on to me when it back fires.

Mao runs some tests from dev/shm

Mao ironically consistently fails to grasp the meaning of consistent.

Every one agrees you are trilling (self shilling through diversionary trolling).

You do your usual rant about being attacked.

Just leave already, you cant compete with ram node because someone once got 1.9 on a dd and I would say you cant on many levels.

edited January 2014

OK, if this makes you and Nick happy :)
    There should be a rule, affiliate threads, while not counting as offers and shilling, will still have the same rules:
    any comment there from another provider should be considered hostile and competitive even if it is not so.

@mpkossen Everyone will be happier this way :)

Bookmarked to show as an example of a place where the "dd test" is actually useful. Even Anthony said it is not, but now he defends it with teeth and claws :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2014

LOUD NOISES

Thanked by 1Mitsuhashi
    edited January 2014

Its only hostile when you come in to self promote glad you finally admitted to it.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I wish LET have a button like WHT to temporarily disable own signature, so one can disable a signature with business link temporarily and post as a person that not represent the business.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Presses: CTRL + SHIFT + F3

Why can't we all be nice?

• Maounique said: affiliate threads

We removed the affiliate link from the first post long time ago :-)

• Sorry @ironhide. I dont want to be mean. Affiliate links are ok but subjective

• jcaleb said: I dont want to be mean. Affiliate links are ok but subjective

No problem at all - I took it easy :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Maounique said:
    Here we have another proud member of the TL;DR crowd which writes long posts about something they didnt read.

The "tl;dr crowd that's out to get Mao" is imaginary. And you know, catching a reader's attention is the writer's job, catching a listener's attention is the speaker's job, and catching a student's attention is the teacher's job. So even if a "tl;dr crowd that's out to get Mao" does exist, it's Mao's own fault because maybe he needs to become a bit more coherent.

And I'm not a Mao hater. In fact, I'm a Mao FAN. ::thumbup:: ::toothysmiley:: ::winkywinky::

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Maounique said: Fifth, why do you want to pick a fight with me ?

Oh please. Save your your long-winded tirades for someone who actually wants to hear them.

Nick_A said: If you weren't trying to compete, you would not have responded to @AnthonySmith with, "Ask Erawan, we had 1.9, nobody beat that yet."

Shameful.

• This thread has turned into a group of women bitching in a bar bathroom.

• AnthonySmith said: Every one agrees you are trilling (self shilling through diversionary trolling).

Why do you speak on behalf of all?

AnthonySmith said: you cant compete with ram node because someone once got 1.9 on a dd and I would say you cant on many levels.

Another person can say the same about RN and what now?