Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost SRV3 Issues AGAIN - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost SRV3 Issues AGAIN

Comments

• We got 8 L3 administrators/3 supervisors online right now monitoring absolutely everything and handling all our tickets, no worries.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We got 8 L3 administrators/3 supervisors online right now monitoring absolutely everything and handling all our tickets, no worries.

What kind of black magic allows a 17-year old to have 4 "L3, RHCEs with 5-years exp" on his staff, and double that a few hours later?

• @texteditor said:
    What kind of black magic allows a 17-year old to have 4 "L3, RHCEs with 5-years exp" on his staff, and double that a few hours later?

First of all, I'm not 17 and age is irrelevant to the situation at hand here.

We have a total of 18 staff. We had 4 L3s available earlier and now we have 8. We tend to have more on the night shift. =)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So your wage bill must be roughly 500,000 p/year alone and that is a very conservative estimate.

Interesting. .... anyone remember the start of the end with hostrail?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • MunMun Member

@GVH yesterday it was 15? Today it is 18 staff?

• @Mun said:
    GVH yesterday it was 15? Today it is 18 staff?

After the 100TB thread by shovenose I hired more staff for reinforcement.

• @GreenValueHost said:

Yeah but now there is this thread, I think you may need another 3 level 3 techs

• @darkshire said:
    Yeah but now there is this thread, I think you may need another 3 level 3 techs

L3 techs aren't cheap to hire you know.

• So your l3 techs are able to create new vps' etc? Or are they just for ticket issues?

• @AutoSnipe said:
    So your l3 techs are able to create new vps' etc? Or are they just for ticket issues?

Everything tech related.

• In case anyone is wondering why the OP's site is suspended, it's because he's overdue on payment.

• AnthonySmith said: anyone remember the start of the end with hostrail?

Constantinos boast a lot, then a month later, poof.... disappear in the thin air with a lot of debt.

Why do I feel like I'm in the Smurf Land?

@GreenValueHost said:

3 staff hired in 48 hours ... I hate it when people just plain bull shit.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    3 staff hired in 48 hours ... I hate it when people just plain bull shit.

Tell me about it. I honestly doubt that he has any more than 1 member of staff; himself.

• KadarKadar Member
    edited January 2014

Why would I pay after having almost 3 hours of downtime yesterday? Also +1 for telling information about your customers classified information

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Figured I'd throw in my $0.02 here also; this was yesterday:

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • He has a whole football team of techs but I see people post problems here daily with his service.

• What type of hardware are you using and what sort of thurput and stats are you currently using?

edited January 2014

So now looking at this again I just want to clarify why I am calling bullshit.

we are up to 15 staff now all tech stall claimed to be L2/3 operators the L3's are fully qualified.

So avg the bottom dollar salary for these 15 staff at $60,000 p/year

60,000 x 15 = $900,000

Employer tax and insurances etc on the salarys is going to be aroud 20% all in so that brings us up to $1,080,000 just in wage bills p/year.

Based on the most expensive package they offer on the site $21.97 p/month that would require them to have sold over 50,000 of them just to cover the wages.

Even over the top numbers of lets say 150 VPS p/node would mean they have around 335 nodes in production just to cover the wages bill.

But in reality with software licenses (estimated at $200,000 p/year for that many onapp nodes) and colo of around $280,000 p/year then the initial purchase price of the hardware being around $1,172,500 for 335 nodes (of the specs claimed).

That brings year 1 operating costs up to $2,732,500 at a minimum before even a single penny of profit is made.

So that is why I am calling bullshit, no one has a 3 million start up balance available then hits the budget market with 100TB for $5 plans and then complains about being to busy answering forum posts to help people.

Just how stupid do you think we are?

The reality is I only did enough to cover you wage bill which is less than 50% of the cost.

Hostrail - a brief history, hit the market, claimed to have a ton of staff, offered an INSANE package deal at the time, complaints started to grow due to inability to look after the hardware nodes, the response was always "We have hired more staff" and always in an unnatural amount of time.

Sound familiar so far?

Things got slowly worse, hostrail got in to debt and closed over night.

Thanked by 3mpkossen jar Infinity
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: So that is why I am calling bullshit, no one has a 3 million start up balance available

Quote from an earlier WHT post of GreenValueHost:

2) We've gone too far, we can't go back now!

We've invested hundreds of dollars into our business, and we've just gotten started. It's too late to turn back now.

Emphasis mine.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • I saw some level 3 techs outside the home depot parking lot earlier today... maybe this is what GVH is talking about ?

• BayuBayu Member
    edited January 2014

vRozenSch00n said: Constantinos boast a lot, then a month later, poof.... disappear in the thin air with a lot of debt.

Constantinos's math "better" than GVH-john, because he also discounting vps addon (ip address, cpu power, ram, even whm/cpanel). Who would dare to give a 65% discount for WHM / cPanel?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @darkshire said:
    I saw some level 3 techs outside the home depot parking lot earlier today... maybe this is what GVH is talking about ?

thats kinda what i was thinking the cost of a l3 in inda or other parts of the world is a lot less then the cost of one in US or something like that.

• @darkshire said:
    I saw some level 3 techs outside the home depot parking lot earlier today... maybe this is what GVH is talking about ?

i think the ones in front of home depot are called ladder techs.

@wojons said:

That may be true but even an experienced l3 tech with rhce from india can and do ask at least 30,000 usd.

In the uk the linux l3's that work for hp for example can make over 150k usd, real ones with experience and qualifications that is.

• I have a feeling, LowEndTalk is turning to GreenValueTalk

• @AnthonySmith said:
    In the uk the linux l3's that work for hp for example can make over 150k usd, real ones with experience and qualifications that is.

yeah very true. i am not sure about the pricing in india i am sure its not as much. but i mean i wish him the best would be intresting to try out his service its not like he is asking for that much even if it has 97% uptime or what ever people are sharing the uptime is.

@srvrpro said:
    I have a feeling, LowEndTalk is turning to GreenValueTalk

Maybe we should not open new threads about peoples issues are for the service for a week give himt he chance to fix things up and see if its more of the same.

• AnthonySmith said: That may be true but even an experienced l3 tech with rhce from india can and do ask at least 30,000 usd.

If the Data Center is in Indonesia, I'm willing to take the L3 job for USD25,000. However, if the DC is in Singapore, I won't take less than USD45,000.

It's a matter of cost of living and lifestyle.

• OMG we got a really interested End Year of 2013 and Start of 2014, its all about 100TB, from policies to abusing and also massive suspended. Nice to catch eye of all provider eye

• LeeLee Veteran

I can get a competent tech who can handle tickets with very good English and basic trouble shooting in India for $3,000 per year. I currently pay $3,500 per year for individuals to build templates for domains that are I would class as high quality.

The bank I work for during the day pays $4,750 for roles that they pay £20,000 for in the UK. So the labor is very cheap in India and that is where it will be coming from for GVH.

I am sure he posted his WHMCS income recently that showed $55k for the year (anticipated). So yeah, not hard to work out the sums there.

This discussion has been closed.