Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far.

Comments

• I wouldn't comment on anything as I have the refund now. I just wanted to clarify to Mark that I hadn't received it earlier.

• My experience with delimiter is the servers have a relatively bad network, but beyond that, it's good. If they had a better network i would for sure host there :/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

So far so good.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5150  @ 2.66GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2666.858 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 16047 MB
    Total amount of swap : 89 MB
    System uptime :   4 days, 17:54,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 108MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 57.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 52.6MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.39MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.65MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 17.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.59MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 25.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 24.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 85.9MB/s
    I/O speed :  102 MB/s
  • That network is okay. I have seen a lot worse around here and people call them good. IO is okay as well. It is non ssd right? @jarland

@AuroraZ said:
    That network is okay. I have seen a lot worse around here and people call them good. IO is okay as well. It is non ssd right? jarland

Yeah just a regular spinning sata doing it's job. Not bad at all.

• Can't ask for much more than that at the price point. Looks like a hell of a deal to me, but what do I know.

• I'm still waiting for mine :/

• jarland said: Yeah just a regular spinning sata doing it's job. Not bad at all.

I got a similar result too.

• One SATA disk is the same as another +/- few %. If you want more performance then I'd be looking at a fast processor first.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • edited January 2014

@jarland said:
    So far so good.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5150  @ 2.66GHz
    > Number of cores : 4
    > CPU frequency :  2666.858 MHz
    > Total amount of ram : 16047 MB
    > Total amount of swap : 89 MB
    > System uptime :   4 days, 17:54,
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 108MB/s
    > Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 57.3MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 52.6MB/s
    > Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.39MB/s
    > Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.65MB/s
    > Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 17.5MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.59MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 25.1MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 24.2MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 85.9MB/s
    > I/O speed :  102 MB/s

Unless they have fixed their network since a few months ago, It hops from cogent to comcast going to my state, generating 100ms+ ping.

@Void_Whisperer said:
    Unless they have fixed their network since a few months ago, It hops from cogent to comcast going to my state, generating 100ms+ ping.

I get about 70-100ms ping from Texas on average. It's not the best route but the throughput is good. My alternative is Canada or France so it's around where I'm comfortable with. I also use Cloudflare for production sites and it mostly makes up for small latency concerns. Definitely worth noting though, it's not usually the best ping from US to US but not bad.

• @jarland said:
    I get about 70-100ms ping from Texas on average. It's not the best route but the throughput is good. My alternative is Canada or France so it's around where I'm comfortable with. I also use Cloudflare for production sites and it mostly makes up for small latency concerns. Definitely worth noting though, it's not usually the best ping from US to US but not bad.

True, but when you do what I do (game servers), that is a huge concern :P

• Yea I agree that right now it isn't the best because of Cogent but it is still decent and Mark has said they are working on better routing to Comcast so hopefully that part will improve.

• Yeah network seems to randomly jump routes or so. Mark here has been good with resolving issues though and has said its being worked on. Zero complains for their service though.

• How long you guys been waiting? Grabbed one 3 working days ago to mess about with to test network etc and still waiting.

edited January 2014

@xcubehost said:
    How long you guys been waiting? Grabbed one 3 working days ago to mess about with to test network etc and still waiting.

3-4 days is about right from what I'm seeing. I'd guess you will have it tomorrow.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited January 2014

@xcubehost if this helps you out any I ordered last Monday on the holiday and didn't receive til Sunday. I'm sure Wednesday counted as my day they reviewed (since they had network issues that Tuesday I believe) the order and then 1-3 after that.

• I orded an Atom230 in Jan.16, and still do not got service delivered , opened a ticket about this issue, not got any response after 3 bussiness days.

• @Ning - PM me your email address so I can investigate

• Just got my Atom delivered , would try it after the OS installation is completed,thanks!

@MarkTurner said:
    Ning - PM me your email address so I can investigate

• NingNing Member
    edited January 2014

$ 5 only for an dedicated server, I am more than satisfied!

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  1599.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1844 MB
    Total amount of swap : 3903 MB
    System uptime :   22 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 37.2MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 15.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 6.62MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.82MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.03MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.00MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.32MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.14MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.70MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 12.0MB/s
    I/O speed :  70.5 MB/s

• NingNing Member
    edited January 2014

edited

• That is pretty decent for $5 :-).

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

Ordered two servers and was planning to order 2-3 more but i had not received delivery yet for 1st one after 4 days and the second after 3 days. Ticket asking update still unanswered ...

• Mine took about four days. 29ms ping to my home. Sales ticket response was a bit terse but fantastic support from Brian T. in getting some initial setup issues resolved.

IMO, the server I got might need a IPMI firmware upgrade, I can't get the remote KVM to load in IE10, I had a similar issue with a local server that was fixed with a firmware upgrade. I don't really need it for the way I run my server but it might be an issue for some folks.

Happy enough with the network that I ordered the Atom for a year @MarkTurner can you get me volume discounts? :-)

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited January 2014

Talsit, you can use IE compatibility mode to use the IPMI without firmware upgrade.

• Thanks, I'll give it a try!

• Can the Atom 230 to hosting daily 15-20K IP's wordpress?

• @Jupiter - can you PM me your email address, I'll investigate for you

• @talsit - are you being caught on the Java unsigned jar issue?