Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS, a review of the poorest provider I used so far.

Comments

• I think Delimiter have seriously improved their service and learned from their mistakes.

• @jarland that was very rude, i'll ask refund rightaway

Thanked by 2perennate taronyu
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jcaleb said:
    jarland that was very rude, i'll ask refund rightaway

I love when jcaleb busts out the sarcasm. It doesn't happen enough ;)

Thanked by 2jcaleb taronyu
  • @Jack - of which units - X5150s? I think they have a dozen units left

• @Jack said:
    Atoms or anything really $10-$30/mo does anything come with IPMI?

The Blxxx ones do. It's an X5150 Processor.

• @Jack - you need the BL460c thats the dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk and dedicated KVM/Power control. They have about a dozen

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited January 2014

I'd take back my word "fraud". To others posting they're not rude etc etc, it is just what I felt. They being rude to you or not would not affect my opinion.

Also another thing would be the IP issue(which was never assigned), and the refund which was never done. If you'd notice, Mark ignored both of these very cleverly.

Just replying to selective blamed in the post doesn't make everything perfect.

And just an update, I do not have Steve's reply regarding the transaction ID yet. I'm not saying its been that long, just around 6 hours, I understand it could take longer before some of you throw your tags of Impatience on me. Just an update.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

@srvrpro said:
    I'd take back my word "fraud". To others posting they're not rude etc etc, it is just what I felt. They being rude to you or not would not affect my opinion.

Also another thing would be the IP issue(which was never assigned), and the refund which was never done. If you'd notice, Mark ignored both of these very cleverly.

In case you haven't noticed, Mark is not in charge of billing, nor does he own the company. This is probably why he doesn't want to comment on this.

Edit: He has already advised you:

MarkTurner said: @srvrpro - Email [email protected] and ask Steve to get it for you. I am just emailing him for all this information and he is sending it to me. As this not really an issue, its just something that you have tried to blow out of all proportions, its pointless me getting in the middle of it. Its just a time-wasting exercise.

• @0xdragon said:
    In case you haven't noticed, Mark is not in charge of billing, nor does he own the company. This is probably why he doesn't want to comment on this.

But he very clearly linked to the company. It'd be wise and fair enough to make efforts towards getting the transaction ID in order to protect the reputation of his company. I'm not saying he is bound to, but it'd all have been sorted if he did.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

srvrpro said: Also another thing would be the IP issue(which was never assigned), and the refund which was never done. If you'd notice, Mark ignored both of these very cleverly.

>

I think the wording you originally used just upset him a bit. It's understandable. He has an appreciation for the company he works for. Sounds like Steve told him the IPs were in the e-mail and he repeated it, but sounds like they weren't. Extra IP wasn't in my e-mail either but I think it was less than 10 minutes after opening a ticket they hooked me up with mine.

• @jarland said:
    I think the wording you originally used just upset him a bit. It's understandable. He has an appreciation for the company he works for. Sounds like Steve told him the IPs were in the e-mail and he repeated it, but sounds like they weren't. Extra IP wasn't in my e-mail either but I think it was less than 10 minutes after opening a ticket they hooked me up with mine.

I would have but the clients I wanted to give those IPs no longer needed it. My old dedi had already reached its date on renewal. Also I was told by Barry(delimiterVPS) staff that it'd be delivered on Monday itself however Mark told me tuesday. However was delivered on Thursday that too after emailing

• @Jack said:
    The guy that is saying delimiter is a poor provider what server do you have? if you don't like them let me purchase it off you so I get a quick set-up :-)

He already got a refund.. :(

• I'll throw my 2 cents in, Delimeter is a good company. I have nothing against them, yes I did have an "OKAY" server with them but it certainly wasn't the worst server i've ever had. I'm sure they've fixed most of the issues I had originally.

Mark Turner is a great guy and he actually wants to get your issue sorted out. Steve is also a great guy and was kind enough to refund me and get my server provisioned same day.

I'd have no issue whatsoever ordering another server with them, heck, i'm already thinking about it.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Im half keen to try them out but im putting a gamble on it and waiting for their new locations to start selling.. might get a good deal.. might have a better network.. considering i have awesome 400-1800ms pings to Google from my home connection... better is good.. lol

• I have three servers in Delimeter, their service is very good.
    Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, dedicated KVM/Power control and 10TB broadwidth, only $200/year.
    I haven't any can complaint.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • From what i read, problem is mainly about delivery time ? In my opinion, a dedi isn't a VPS so yes you have to wait a little to have it online. Not delivered in 3 days as mentionned but 4 or 5 days ? So what ? I think it's more than reasonable !

Of course, it's only my opinion. Of course too, you could tell them to start billing when server is online and that's all. Please don't take it personnaly but all this story for (i think) near nothing wasn't necessary. And you were refunded, so finally no problem ! ;-)

You should read WHT reviews and problems that are MORE difficult to resolve and I think you'll finally see that life is beautiful ah ah !

• @Com3x
    Nope, my main issue wasn't about delivery. There were multiple like slower ping rate than my old server, and also the IPs weren't there so I did not want to wait. Thirdly, I would not have started the thread if I had got the refund, but I did not. I did not have any ways to contact them either.

• srvrpro said: Thirdly, I would not have started the thread if I had got the refund, but I did not. I did not have any ways to contact them either.

Huh? http://www.delimiter.us/contact/index.php

I used the sales@ address to ask Steve about delivery as I was in the same boat as you (ordered last Thursday, delivered Wednesday). I checked the calendar and saw it was MLK day on Monday then emailed Steve on Tuesday late evening my time...he didn't reply but I got the email saying my server was ready the following day.

I bought this dedi for personal use, hence perhaps I had less riding on it than you...so no need for me to have a contingency plan...

• @mov3 how'd you get 3 of those for $200/yr? I wouldn't mind that deal!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@mov3 said:
    I have three servers in Delimeter, their service is very good.
    Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, dedicated KVM/Power control and 10TB broadwidth, only $200/year.
    I haven't any can complaint.

$200/year???

Link me, please!

• @srvrpro said:
    Com3x
    Nope, my main issue wasn't about delivery. There were multiple like slower ping rate than my old server, and also the IPs weren't there so I did not want to wait. Thirdly, I would not have started the thread if I had got the refund, but I did not. I did not have any ways to contact them either.

@MarkTurner helped with with a ping issue recentlty also. its related to reverse DNS. all you need to do is ping -n 1.1.1.1

This fixed my issue

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited January 2014

Alright just a quick update. It is now that I received a refund.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@srvrpro they are slow in refunds, I got one and Steve did it in 3 weeks. Just remind him every 3 days. I got mine, and got my server, so they may be slow, but a good one.

Props to MarkTuner

• I have one of these "dedicated" Atom servers for $60/yr. While the price is great, the uptime isn't. It's currently down for more than 48 hours, last reply to my ticket was that they sent a ticket to the DC to investigate it and that was 24 hours ago.

Network availability wasn't too great as well within the last 4 weeks with quite a few drops here and there and even though it's a dedicated server, it got rebooted a couple of times - probably because of issues with the attached iSCSI volume since the server doesn't have its own disks.

• @peckspilz - can you PM me your IP, I'd like to look at the history on your unit. We're not seeing wide spread issues like that.

• I've got a dedicated x5150 from them that was setup on Sunday (when I got the email anyways). So far so good, zero problems and the network seems fine. The network routes seem to be jumpy sometimes but I can't complain :-).

• @catalystium - what sort of jumpiness are you experiencing?

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • It seems to be fine now, I'm just going off of ping. Yesterday was around high 70s, today its in the 30s. I know you told me that you guys were straightening out the network down there, but overall I'm still happy.

• @catalystium - can you me me your IP and also the traceroute so I can take a look

• Sure will, message'd.