Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Openvpn speeds from eastern Europe from various providers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Openvpn speeds from eastern Europe from various providers

Comments

• I love how after even other people tire of your lies and tell you to hang the nonsense, you completely ignore them and just keep on spewing your crap.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@premiso said: I would think 1.22MB/s is pretty good to the UK. But I really do not know as I don't live in the UK :)

100%[======================================>] 200,278,016 10.8M/s in 20s

2012-03-30 22:40:40 (9.72 MB/s)

This is from prometeus VM pulling from US. There is no congestion from US to italy, should be none to UK also.

Edis in .at
    100%[======================================>] 200,278,016 10.9M/s in 20s

2012-03-30 20:50:29 (9.77 MB/s)
    looks like there is a 11 MB cap at the source :P

I CAN max out of my BW in a few hours with those speeds, this is how quality BW is working in EU, probably US and Chinese ppl think BuyVM is great, but I beg to differ. For BuyVM I would not be able to max out on my BW if I would pull/push at max 24/7 based on some of the tests i saw here.

M

• DeorDeor Member

ShutupshutupSHUTUP! For gods sake @Maounique will you just give it a rest! I am sick to death of your constant vendetta against buyvm. You troll on and on about tor until the revise their TOS to suit you, but no, thats not good enough is it!

Now you are banging on about bandwidth not being good enough and their network failing. You gibber on and on about facts and how the truth with out, but you never listen/read or take everything out of context and twist meanings. For the love of god, stop! STOP! NOW!

YOU DONT EVEN OWN A SERVICE WITH THEM!

Someone please ban this troll or add a block user function to the forum. I'll take 10 @Naruto's over this clown.

Thanked by 2Aldryic premiso
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: (couldnt find any reasonable explanation for the unprovoked attacks against high BW apps that were not using much else).

How can you claim we're against high bandwidth usage when we're selling extra TB's for $2.50 one off? Who else is doing that? Sure there's some companies that offer 10TB to every client, but that's on a node with 100mbit unmetered - 30TB available total.

Just because we wouldn't sell you a box with 10TB for $20 isn't grounds to go on some bitch fest about us. We got users that burn all of their transit and if we started chewing up more of our commits we'd simply purchase an additional full gbit of bandwidth.

Francisco

• @Deor said: 'll take 10 @Naruto's over this clown.

I think you are onto something here. Like who to give the @Naruto of the day/week/month award to.

• @Deor said: ShutupshutupSHUTUP! For gods sake @Maounique will you just give it a rest! I am sick to death of your constant vendetta against buyvm. You troll on and on about tor until the revise their TOS to suit you, but no, thats not good enough is it!

Now you are banging on about bandwidth not being good enough and their network failing. You gibber on and on about facts and how the truth with out, but you never listen/read or take everything out of context and twist meanings. For the love of god, stop! STOP! NOW!

YOU DONT EVEN OWN A SERVICE WITH THEM!

Someone please ban this troll or add a block user function to the forum. I'll take 10 @Naruto's over this clown.

Amen to that, well said

edited March 2012

As some ppl have better results, they are lucky to be on same carrier or one that has peering with BuyVMs one. They probably can use all BW, but many others cant even use 500 GB at those speeds even if they max out all the time. Of course, unahppy ppl will leave, those that "abuse" their resources will get the boot (why would they say some ppl abuse the BW if they get automatically cut-off when they reach the cap ?), the ones using it now and then to watch some news over VPN, those will stay and will give 0 problems.
    Great work for BuyVM, they are in the rare position to pick and choose customers making huge profits, this is why these boards shouldnt support them further or at least give the same chance to everyone.
    This thread started something. Things wont be the same again, no matter how much they attack me, truth is slowly creeping up, and one day it will be known.
    Till we meet again...
    Good luck all :)
    M

Well, mission accomplished Mao. You've attempted yet again to sling dirt our way, and only succeeded in making an ass of yourself one more time. Hat's off, champ.

• @Aldryic said: That's fairly troubling. This is a definite drop in speed from what we consider standard, once @Francisco 's online this afternoon we'll be making this top priority to get resolved.

But don't go through too much of a trouble, i mainly use to VPS for Youtube/etc

• Mao, go buy tour own dedicated server, and bandwidth line and then come back here and bitch.

I'm not even a buyvm customer, but I think that you nerd yobsgut the fuck up about things that you have no idea about.

I run a Minecraft hosting company, at around 450 servers I never go over 40mbp, but I do have a 1gbit port. The cons are limited by the speed of YOUR internet and YOUR routing.

• Sorry phone spelling fail

• People go to buyvm for the support and community anyways, they even changed their aup for you!

• Whatever you say buddy :3

Thanked by 1yomero

@bijan588 said: The cons are limited by the speed of YOUR internet and YOUR routing.

Oh, oh, another TL;DR person :P
    From Italy and Austria I have 11 MB/s to US. That is NOT a routing problem, not a US/EU congestion, there are some ppl that get more than 1-2 MB/s but they are so few and mostly inside US. The others probably wont need more, otherwise they would have been gone already as some ppl that posted here.
    If they are happy with that, cool, I have cheaper VPSes with more BW that really works ALL around the world.
    For the ppl that dont believe, grab a 90% off for first month VPS at prometeus, a very cheap one at EDIS (tho very low space there) and compare. Those will beat flat out BuyVM at speed on servers INSIDE US (probably not in california tho).
    M

• Lol you are just a plain retard and there is no way to have an actually conversation with you.

edited March 2012

http://194.14.179.215/100mb.test

Try and compare. That is Italy but will probably beat BuyVM in US.
    It is the standard cachefly file.
    If ppl go to BuyVM for the community, great. I prefer quality service, tho.
    And they didnt change anything for me, they just want to sell more IPs and throttle the hell out of BW so not even the 500 GB could be used. There would have been 0 reasons to block the use of non-exit nodes and force the buy of IPs for that, because those generate 0 complains and as such there is no need to change SWIP to point to the operator. It was a bucket of BS when they said there is no way to know if that is an exit node or not when I gave them personally at least 5 ways of which some could be checked via automated scripts, it was all a publicity stunt and it worked. You believed them :P
    M

• That's not the cachefly file...

• 2012-03-30 21:50:38 (4.81 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

From my BuyVM VPS. Thats equal to ~40 mbit/s, so pretty nice

edited March 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: From my BuyVM VPS. Thats equal to ~40 mbit/s, so pretty nice

ttp://194.14.179.215/100mb.test
    --2012-03-30 22:45:53-- http://194.14.179.215/100mb.test
    Connecting to 194.14.179.215:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [text/plain]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 8.09M/s in 14s

2012-03-30 22:46:07 (7.23 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

Not bad, but my 1.15 $ BlueVM overloaded machine can do better. And I didnt "save" to /dev/null.
    M

• Guys a troll @Naruto is better.

/thread

edited March 2012

As you can see we are talking here speeds and this is the thread about. I am also from eastern europe...
    I presented 2 cases of much better speeds than of BuyVM, no wonder they want to shut down the thread especially when there are other ppl confirming the problems there, i am curious if they will manage to close it.
    I dont report any name calling and other abuses, so if the thread is closed will be obvious who did it.
    M

• @Maounique said: no wonder they want to shut down the thread

No, we want you to stop derailing unrelated threads. All you do is damage the community and your reputation in this fashion.

@Maounique said: I presented 2 cases of much better speeds than of BuyVM

And? You spent the last several hours crying about oversell. Since your bullshit was called and you have no proof to back it up, you've moved on to "speed" (a relative comparison).

Before oversell, it was bandwidth usage. Before that, it was policy. Before that, it was government conspiracies and some personal need to pretend to be Captain Freedom. One successive string of faceplants watching you act like an utter fool making baseless accusations and never providing actual proof.

But don't worry, I'm sure you'll have "fanboys" of your own someday. Maybe they'll call you Cpl. TOR.

• To bring this back on topic: How do you guys use OpenVPN as a proxy on LEBs?
    I've been using this tutorial but it always fails at the IPTables part :(

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

• kendidkendid Veteran

I simply use a script I found somewhere on the internet and modified it so it works for me... Was named install-openvpn.sh and works really well... I'll search for it and see if I can find it for you...

edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: And? You spent the last several hours crying about oversell. Since your bullshit was called and you have no proof to back it up, you've moved on to "speed" (a relative comparison).

There is nothing "called". You only survive booting ppl that use BW and making sure the ones that have bad speeds dont get to speak about it. This thread broke the silence, more will come.
    I proved with numbers you provided (sure Francisco will do something about that big mouth of yours) that you cannot guarantee those plans and that there is no routing problem between US and EU, that other hosts are doing much better for lower prices and your oversell and lack of peering are almost certainly the causes for the poor performance everyone except a few can notice (of course, comparing with similar hosts).
    You say I didnt prove anything, well, the tl;dr ppl will certainly agree with you, and, you are right, you only need those, the ones that inform themselves, are not among your customers for long.
    M
    PS

@liam said: just think this should move onto P.M.

He would love that, hehe :P This way ppl wont know why they have bad bw, would believe them it is some routing problem or they are an exception

• kendidkendid Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd Here it is
    hxxp://vpsnoc.com/blog/how-to-setup-a-vpn-server-on-a-centos-vps-instantly/

• hxxp://vpsnoc.com/blog/how-to-setup-a-vpn-server-on-a-centos-vps-instantly/

Thanks :) But that has the same problem. Maybe i need to ask for NATting to be enabled first (although the TUN/TAP device was already active)

• kendidkendid Veteran

I had a 123systems that didn't have nat enabled--- put in a ticket and they had it enabled in a matter of minutes...

• To bring this back on topic: How do you guys use OpenVPN as a proxy on LEBs?
    I've been using this tutorial but it always fails at the IPTables part :(
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

I assume it fails on the MASQUERADE argument? SecureDragon is the only OpenVZ I've seen that had that enabled, but there's another way to do it:

Instead of this:
    /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/24 -o venet0 -j MASQUERADE

Do this:
    /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j SNAT --to-source $vps_ip

You can see what iptables stuff is available with this:
    sudo cat /proc/net/ip_tables_targets

Also you can do a socks proxy much easier than a VPN:
    ssh -x -p 22 -fND 55022 [email protected]

where 22 is the port number of ssh on your VPS and 55022 is an arbitrary port number >1023

Then in your web browser set your socks proxy to localhost port 55022.

• @efball said: /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j SNAT --to-source $vps_ip

Thanks, that did the trick :)

I wanted to use OpenVPN to see if i can get better speedtest results with than with SSH proxying but it still sucks :(