Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is UGeekVPS UGVPS hopeless - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is UGeekVPS UGVPS hopeless

Comments

• I'm happy to do my bit but I can't see how if PuTTy and WinSCP say the same thing.
    What console details in PuTTy? It is a terminal programme isn't it?
    What button can show me the connection details?
    I installed Java and tried Internet Explorer and Firefox again to use the serial console thingy from UGeek's panel page but nothing worked.
    My only goal is to run a Tor relay so keep the suggestions coming if you can.

• Java says the applet is unsigned and won't use it.

• If by a console via PuTTy you mean telnet that is also conection refused.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

the terminal emulator/ console would connect you to your VPS even if it had no networking, it simulates local access, in simple terms think of it as plugging a mouse and keyboard in.

Update your java version to the latest, the bug fix for that was just released.

console via putty does not mean telnet no, and that would be why you get connection refused if that is what you are doing.

When you generate a serial console session by clicking the serial console button it will allow you to generate a session, it will give you a sername/ password and it will tel you the IP and port to use (this is different from your VPS IP and ssh port.

Hope that helps.

Ant.

• Its supposed to be something like this:

• see the Java console, you don't need it. You just need the ip address, port, username and password. Use it in your putty.

• I said I installed Java so it is thirty minutes out of date.
    I'm getting connection refused for SSH and telnet. The log says actively refused for both.
    A search for PuTTy and console got nothing useful.
    Trying the serial setting brings up COM 1 and 9600 baud.
    If you think there is a console button please link to somewhere I can work it out from or describe the steps in PuTTy's to find it there and use the right language too please.
    All this is because you (collectively) won't accept that UGeekVPS are so slack as to not even admit they are hopeless. It will be proven that my problems are due to their incompetence. If not you will have such joy.

Sorry but I think you miss understand, I am not denying that UGVPS are giving you terrible support, however that does not take away from the fact or negate the serial consoles validity as an option to try and help yourself.

Ignore the serial settings, we are just talking about using putty to create an SSH session just like you would to any other server no special settings required, it does not have to be putty, just use what ever you would use to connect to anything via SSH the only difference being is that you use the IP and username and password solusvm gives you like in the example jcaleb has shown.

• you should get a managed service i suggest

• Just to see how long this can go in circles I proceed.
    Did you not read that I tried the console in the client area of ugeekvps.com which requires Java? Firstly, Firefox said there was no way to get the Java necessary to run the console applet. I tried the same via Internet Explorer with the same result. I installed Java and in both IE and Firefox the UGeek console applet would not work. Java said the applet was faulty.
    So that is that for that.
    Did you not read that I used PuTTy and WinSCP to try to SSH in to the VPS without success AT THE START OF THIS DIALOGUE?
    The response to all attempts is "the connection is refused". As well in the log of the interaction it says "connection actively refused" which is not the same as attempt failing.

The conclusion is that even the moderator doesn't retain what they read or does not read what is there.
    I do not think the answer to this is the change to a managed server because I successfully SSH in to nearly thirty other VPSs. The UGeekVPS has responded to SSH for weeks before this failure.
    UGeekVPSs answers to the tickets are poor and not enthusiastic if you can get one.
    Whereas I admit being a newboy five months ago, I can now do basic things.
    All other VPSs respond to problems quickly. Some respond with impressive service and some go well beyond that.
    The problem is that UGEEKVPS is hopeless and probably doesn't care whether I have satisfaction.

• The fact is we are trying to help you, and you're not exactly willing to take advice.

As everyone else has been saying, use PuTTy set on the SSH protocol and then use the settings seen from the screenshot posted above to get into your VPS. You're the one going in circles here.

UGVPS probably doesn't care, as seen from the drama posted all over these forums. As with any other budget provider; never pay yearly unless they've been proven trustworthy.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited January 2014

@ElaborateRuse You are being mocked and you are also wasting your time here.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20126/colocrossing-et-al

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18497/should-providers-be-banned-for-deceiving-consumers/p2

This forum is owned by ColoCrossing who are either directly affiliated with UGeekVPS or the owner of UGeekVPS, so if they can't/wont pull strings to get your problem fixed then they probably don't give a f**k about your issue.

Thanked by 1ElaborateRuse
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2014

@ElaborateRuse Did you not read to use the console and stick it in putty? Also, get a managed service.

@rchurch if you will read, Ants and me are not mocking him. We are trying to help. And why drag CC issue? This is between OP and UGVPS.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2014

ElaborateRuse said: Just to see how long this can go in circles I proceed

If you don't know how you can bypass java problems to get the java console on or use the ip and credentials to login via putty, then I would suggest also to search for a managed server or a shared hosting. Despite of the terrible service of UGVPS, you have to learn to manage your service because in an unmanaged server, even if the company is not having the kind of issues UGVPS has, they won't help you in most cases for issues like that (probably you locked yourself out of your box).

rchurch said: This forum is owned by ColoCrossing who are either directly affiliated with UGeekVPS or the owner of UGeekVPS, so if they can't/wont pull strings to get your problem fixed then they probably don't give a f**k about your issue

The forum's owners are not supposed to act like a big help center for all providers posting here, but as administrators of a forum! The community is who are willing to help other members in their issues, and a lot of members here tried to help the OP.

• rchurch
    Thank you. It seems to be a peculiarity of USA that sort of thing including the sniggering.

• Isn't it much easier just to ask him to get into the serial console section in SolusVM, get the details above and simply do this from any of his other VPSs:

ssh -p 2200 [email protected]

and use the password displayed at the password prompt.

If he doesn't understand just go that bit further or accompany with a putty screenshot if that is what he knows. This is even the first time I have tried this method.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2014

its frustrating that people are recommending things and OP keeps on bashing the host, instead of concentrating to make the suggestion work.

not defending the host. but since its unmanaged, you have to be 100% sure its not your fault that you cant enter your vps before complaining. and it is not the responsibility of the host nor forum member to handhold the OP. People could be nicer in giving a helping hand, if he would ask more nicely.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • I use SSH through PuTTy all the time successfully as well as from this computer's command line.

Either you have brain damage or what I don't know! Or do you just like typing twaddle?
    Why don't you read what I have said more than once?

rchurch
    Good suggestion. PuTTy was used to SSH into another VPS. Voila! Then from that command line the predictable response was "ssh: connect to host 1XX.XXX.XX.X9 port 2200: Connection refused".

As well, an electronic engineer has just got the same result from another ip, on a new installation of PuTTy, with no reason to lie and no need to snipe like some on this list.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Omg now he is calling an electronic engineer!

For the fuck sake, enter to solus, click create session, and then use the IP.provided there, with that port, and that username and password.

Do we have to draw you that?!

• netomx,

The engineer is a friend. I'm curious to know what it might take to get the stupidity on this list to cease so I asked his independant test to help stop you.

The Solus console thing can't start because it requires a Java applet to work. Java says, in Internet Explorer and Firefox, that it can't work. Other consoles on other VPSs I have work alright!

Do you think I could have overlooked the console as my money trickles away?
    Do you think it is at all possible that through narcissism you can't accept their is a fault in how the goats at UGEEKVPS are running the server the VPS is on?

next please

• For being such a thick skull, Solus Console thing has AN ALTERNATIVE way to login apart from the JAVA applet you are mourning about. @jcaleb has mentioned how to access the solus console without the java. Either follow that and post your experience or disappear from here, like how the original owners of UGVPS did.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@ElaborateRuse

PLEASE TELL ME YOU TRIED THIS:

http://imgur.com/rJGsCV2

if you can see the image, I have NOT enabled Java... can I see connection settings? YES!

Can I use them to access my VPS with PuTTY? YES!

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @rchurch said:
    Isn't it much easier just to ask him to get into the serial console section in SolusVM, get the details above and simply do this from any of his other VPSs:

If he doesn't understand just go that bit further or accompany with a putty screenshot if that is what he knows. This is even the first time I have tried this method.

That's what people have been suggesting but he either doesn't understand or he's just a troll.

• @ElaborateRuse said:
    netomx,

The engineer is a friend. I'm curious to know what it might take to get the stupidity on this list to cease so I asked his independant test to help stop you.

The Solus console thing can't start because it requires a Java applet to work. Java says, in Internet Explorer and Firefox, that it can't work. Other consoles on other VPSs I have work alright!

Do you think I could have overlooked the console as my money trickles away?
    Do you think it is at all possible that through narcissism you can't accept their is a fault in how the goats at UGEEKVPS are running the server the VPS is on?

next please

Dude, read what we have been saying. @jcaleb even posted screenshots! Did you try connecting to the console over SSH? Not normal SSH, not Java. The console over SSH.

Troll +1

• Definitely a troll. A few of his posts violate our rules on name calling also.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited January 2014

@ElaborateRuse said:
    Either you have brain damage or what I don't know! Or do you just like typing twaddle?
    Why don't you read what I have said more than once?

Nice attitude you're displaying there to people who're obviously trying to help. None of us are UGVPS Tech support.

Thanked by 2upfreak Mark_R
  • @ElaborateRuse I think your best option is to follow the SolusVM serial console method as described. There is usually a timeout on the settings so you have to do it all over again (ie if you didn't do so before).

Take screenshots of the options screen as well as the results of your attempt to connect via Putty/SSH. If it doesn't work then and UGVPS tech support don't help you have the evidence to backup your claims. If they were any good they would have suggested this option in the first place, rather than you having to discover it from this forum.

Of course the could be watching this thread and making the effort to ensure it works in anticipation of your tests ;)

Thanked by 1ElaborateRuse
  • I'm pretty sure this guy has no idea what he's doing. Why else would someone become so defensive and start name calling people who are just trying to help... and being VERY POLITE about it as well!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Oh, look, there was actually a problem!
    I expect apologies and mass recantation if New Wave Netconnect just starts my VPS up again and the panel works.