Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Onidel Cloud's Thread - Announcements, Feedbacks and Discussions!

1…161718192022»

Comments

  • @FAT32 said:

    @Motion3549 said:
    My compute is up for renewal, and I definitely won't fall for the 'high availability' pitch again.

    If it is one of those promo I will be happy to take it from you

    Non-promo

  • onidelonidel Member, Patron Provider, Top Host, Megathread Squad

    @nexushomeclub said:
    Hey guys, lurker here, finally jumping in.

    Saw SG just had a restock / opened up some slots. Anyone know what the expansion roadmap looks like for SG capacity? Tempted to grab a couple of boxes, but I'm worried about hitting a wall when it's time to scale up once the current node fills up.

    a few more TBs of capacity is on-site waiting for install already - ETA is 1.5 weeks from now.

    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited 1:21AM

    @onidel said:

    @nexushomeclub said:
    Hey guys, lurker here, finally jumping in.

    Saw SG just had a restock / opened up some slots. Anyone know what the expansion roadmap looks like for SG capacity? Tempted to grab a couple of boxes, but I'm worried about hitting a wall when it's time to scale up once the current node fills up.

    a few more TBs of capacity is on-site waiting for install already - ETA is 1.5 weeks from now.

    So are you visiting SG and should we have a coffee :wink:

    I can also help on installing it but cant guarantee it doesnt end up having slightly less RAM in the final build

  • MaxTakebaMaxTakeba Member

    @FAT32 said:

    @onidel said:

    @nexushomeclub said:
    Hey guys, lurker here, finally jumping in.

    Saw SG just had a restock / opened up some slots. Anyone know what the expansion roadmap looks like for SG capacity? Tempted to grab a couple of boxes, but I'm worried about hitting a wall when it's time to scale up once the current node fills up.

    a few more TBs of capacity is on-site waiting for install already - ETA is 1.5 weeks from now.

    So are you visiting SG and should we have a coffee :wink:

    I can also help on installing it but cant guarantee it doesnt end up having slightly less RAM in the final build

    Suddenly booking tickets to Singapore.

    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • YachiyoYachiyo Member

    Good morning! This post from 2024 has resurfaced.

    Thanked by 3nghialele FAT32 Murv
  • thirdthird Member
    edited 4:56AM

    @MaxTakeba said:

    @Motion3549 said:
    My compute is up for renewal, and I definitely won't fall for the 'high availability' pitch again.

    I’ll just point out that any provider can have major issues. Any provider.

    AWS has had major issues. GCP has also had major issues.

    I have confidence that Onidel and their team have learned a lot and the PIR will be very interesting to read, be educational and will take steps to improve and grow.

    What will be the test is what they do after that and what they implement. Which again I’m confident that it will be preventative and will improve their already pretty good service (not a customer right now, was but I had 0 issues when I was).

    I would trust them.

    I get the sentiment that every provider has outages, but jumping straight from 'any provider can fail' to 'I would trust them' feels a bit premature. For customers actively dealing with the impact, trust can't just be granted on good faith—it really comes down to the concrete improvements they actually deliver.
    @onidel

  • onidelonidel Member, Patron Provider, Top Host, Megathread Squad

    @third said:

    @MaxTakeba said:

    @Motion3549 said:
    My compute is up for renewal, and I definitely won't fall for the 'high availability' pitch again.

    I’ll just point out that any provider can have major issues. Any provider.

    AWS has had major issues. GCP has also had major issues.

    I have confidence that Onidel and their team have learned a lot and the PIR will be very interesting to read, be educational and will take steps to improve and grow.

    What will be the test is what they do after that and what they implement. Which again I’m confident that it will be preventative and will improve their already pretty good service (not a customer right now, was but I had 0 issues when I was).

    I would trust them.

    I get the sentiment that every provider has outages, but jumping straight from 'any provider can fail' to 'I would trust them' feels a bit premature. For customers actively dealing with the impact, trust can't just be granted on good faith—it really comes down to the concrete improvements they actually deliver.
    @onidel

    while I’m very much appreciated all the good words and trust some of you have for us, I also do not have any issues with (constructive) criticisms and it is completely fair and understandble if questions started to raise about service quality after such an incident like this.

    we always standby our products, and when things go wrong, we will look into it, take nessessary actions and then keep delivering. simple as that.

  • onidelonidel Member, Patron Provider, Top Host, Megathread Squad

    @FAT32 said:

    @onidel said:

    @nexushomeclub said:
    Hey guys, lurker here, finally jumping in.

    Saw SG just had a restock / opened up some slots. Anyone know what the expansion roadmap looks like for SG capacity? Tempted to grab a couple of boxes, but I'm worried about hitting a wall when it's time to scale up once the current node fills up.

    a few more TBs of capacity is on-site waiting for install already - ETA is 1.5 weeks from now.

    So are you visiting SG and should we have a coffee :wink:

    I can also help on installing it but cant guarantee it doesnt end up having slightly less RAM in the final build

    if smart hands can't do a good job :#

    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @third said:

    @MaxTakeba said:

    @Motion3549 said:
    My compute is up for renewal, and I definitely won't fall for the 'high availability' pitch again.

    I’ll just point out that any provider can have major issues. Any provider.

    AWS has had major issues. GCP has also had major issues.

    I have confidence that Onidel and their team have learned a lot and the PIR will be very interesting to read, be educational and will take steps to improve and grow.

    What will be the test is what they do after that and what they implement. Which again I’m confident that it will be preventative and will improve their already pretty good service (not a customer right now, was but I had 0 issues when I was).

    I would trust them.

    I get the sentiment that every provider has outages, but jumping straight from 'any provider can fail' to 'I would trust them' feels a bit premature. For customers actively dealing with the impact, trust can't just be granted on good faith—it really comes down to the concrete improvements they actually deliver.
    @onidel

    Sure. But a good provider is one that can take the heat and bounce back from it. And again I’ve used their services and I can vouch for it. I’ll state the reality pretty clearly, again. Anyone can make mistakes and any company can have a major incident.

    End of the day we’re all human.

  • @onidel said:

    @third said:

    @MaxTakeba said:

    @Motion3549 said:
    My compute is up for renewal, and I definitely won't fall for the 'high availability' pitch again.

    I’ll just point out that any provider can have major issues. Any provider.

    AWS has had major issues. GCP has also had major issues.

    I have confidence that Onidel and their team have learned a lot and the PIR will be very interesting to read, be educational and will take steps to improve and grow.

    What will be the test is what they do after that and what they implement. Which again I’m confident that it will be preventative and will improve their already pretty good service (not a customer right now, was but I had 0 issues when I was).

    I would trust them.

    I get the sentiment that every provider has outages, but jumping straight from 'any provider can fail' to 'I would trust them' feels a bit premature. For customers actively dealing with the impact, trust can't just be granted on good faith—it really comes down to the concrete improvements they actually deliver.
    @onidel

    while I’m very much appreciated all the good words and trust some of you have for us, I also do not have any issues with (constructive) criticisms and it is completely fair and understandble if questions started to raise about service quality after such an incident like this.

    we always standby our products, and when things go wrong, we will look into it, take nessessary actions and then keep delivering. simple as that.

    If I throw this rock over the Tasman will you catch it?

    Thanked by 1rpqu
Sign In or Register to comment.