Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocrossing host has been terminated and the service has been shut down.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocrossing host has been terminated and the service has been shut down.

qingxiqingxi Member

The Colocrossing server has been accidentally terminated. How can I ask them to restart the server and allow me to transfer data? I have stored materials worth tens of thousands of dollars on their server. I can pay extra labor costs. Who can help me?

Comments

• qingxiqingxi Member

This server is a Black Friday order product. $99 independent host product. Located in Buffalo.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

So you have data worth $$$$$ but you still don't think it's important to have backups?

• Sounds like you didn't think the data was important enough to back up, so it must not actually be very important.

• Mining ? Equilibrium ? Accidentally terminate or TOS terminate ?
    Nobody canhelp you outside of Colocrossing , i doubt Colocrossing even help

• qingxiqingxi Member

@fluffernutter said:
    Sounds like you didn't think the data was important enough to back up, so it must not actually be very important.

No, I use it for work. I use it for work every day.

• FreekFreek Member

'Tens of thousands of dollars' worth of materials stored on a 99$ server with no backup?

• qingxiqingxi Member

@kenjing789 said:
    Mining ? Equilibrium ? Accidentally terminate or TOS terminate ?

Unexpected termination. tk seems to respond very slowly. But now the situation is very urgent, do I have other ways to contact them?

• qingxiqingxi Member

@Freek said:
    'Tens of thousands of dollars' worth of materials stored on a 99$ server with no backup?

Yes, I have been using them. Before this, I felt they were very good.

• @qingxi said:
    The Colocrossing server has been accidentally terminated. How can I ask them to restart the server and allow me to transfer data? I have stored materials worth tens of thousands of dollars on their server. I can pay extra labor costs. Who can help me?

You can pay extra for labor costs to retrieve data that supposedly holds significant value but yet you overlooked the importance of maintaining your backups or hiring someone to manage your backups?

• batrabatra Member

LOL

• FreekFreek Member

@qingxi said:

@Freek said:

There are two kinds of people in this world; people who back up their files and people who haven't experienced losing all their files yet.

• IvanIvan Member

Thank you for reaching out to LowEndSupport. Your wait time has been doubled.

• qingxiqingxi Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@qingxi said:

You can pay extra for labor costs to retrieve data that supposedly holds significant value but yet you overlooked the importance of maintaining your backups or hiring someone to manage your backups?

Yes, I am willing to pay extra fees to transfer my data.

• qingxiqingxi Member

@Freek said:

@qingxi said:

@Freek said:

There are two kinds of people in this world; people who back up their files and people who haven't experienced losing all their files yet.

Yes, this is the first time I have encountered this situation. Because I think they are a good company and should be trustworthy.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@qingxi said:

@kenjing789 said:

Unexpected termination. tk seems to respond very slowly. But now the situation is very urgent, do I have other ways to contact them?

"Unexpected termination"?

I mean, if the server is down because of a sudden hardware issue, then yes, one might label this "unexpected termination"

Otherwise, do you have no idea at all why the server was terminated?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • qingxiqingxi Member

@Ivan said:
    Thank you for reaching out to LowEndSupport. Your wait time has been doubled.

I have been contacting them, but the waiting time is very long, which has already stalled my work.

• @qingxi said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@qingxi said:

What led you to believe that your data hadn't been removed?

• qingxiqingxi Member

@angstrom said:

@qingxi said:

@kenjing789 said:

"Unexpected termination"?

I mean, if the server is down because of a sudden hardware issue, then yes, one might label this "unexpected termination"

Otherwise, do you have no idea at all why the server was terminated?

Perhaps, I don't know the specific reason.

• qingxiqingxi Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@qingxi said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@qingxi said:

What led you to believe that your data hadn't been removed?

I did not violate any terms.

• JabJabJabJab Member

If that data is worth those billions... just call them?

• Maelstrom36Maelstrom36 Member
    edited June 19

@JabJab said:

Perhaps he's overstating the figure, mixed up the currencies, and it's actually just thousands of Iranian Rials. The phone call would cost more then.

• qingxiqingxi Member
    edited June 19

@Maelstrom36 said:

@JabJab said:

Perhaps he's overstating the figure, mixed up the currencies, and it's actually just thousands of Iranian Rials. The phone call would cost more then.

I can't communicate in English.

• Thats it, i'm deleting all my backups.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • worth tens of thousands???

even my weeb media collection has N+1 backups are the very least

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • qingxiqingxi Member

Resolved, thanks to their support staff

• taoqiKOtaoqiKO Member

@qingxi said:

Hello, has yours been turned on?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@qingxi said:

It sounds like it was a close call! I'm glad that the danger is past :)

• taoqiKOtaoqiKO Member

@angstrom said:

@qingxi said:

colocrossingIt seems that all the independent servers that pay 99 dollars a year are being retired. I know that only 99 dollars can't be turned on now. Moreover, the notice only gives the credit line back. If so, is a service provider worth recommending?

• taoqiKOtaoqiKO Member

@angstrom said:

@qingxi said:

If that's the case, I will post articles every day. Tell others that colocrossing is not worth buying.

Thanked by 1sasslik