Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

38.69$/yr VPS Storage KVM/3 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Instant delivery - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

38.69$/yr VPS Storage KVM/3 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Instant delivery

Comments

• dirtminerdirtminer Member

Invoice #4053
    for the extra memory..

• @Calin my ticket has been on high priority for 5 days unanswered

OPN-014942

Thanked by 1Calin
  • PospaPospa Member

@Pospa said:

@Calin said:

Hello , possible check on top ? I thing this problem it's maybe from network speed , because right now lot of peoples upload data and network speed it's 100% at maximum temporary

Possible please confirm if it's from network or CPU steal?
    Because we checked main node and it's no any overloaded , just network

Regards

Network speed is relatively OK, around 37 MB/s, CPU is also not utilized, during copy it's around 10%. But actual speed of downloading file is under 1 MB/s right now. This is big problem.

Hello, you still didn't reply on this. This VPS is completely unusable, please let me know how and when you are going to fix it ASAP, otherwise I will have to request full refund.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@Pospa said: Network speed is relatively OK, around 37 MB/s, CPU is also not utilized, during copy it's around 10%. But actual speed of downloading file is under 1 MB/s right now. This is big problem.

>

Hello possible try test download file from other server? On this node we don't meet any network prolbmes, in same time , what protocol you usage for transfer files?SCP / curl etc... , or you make on this VPS torrent? Please explain for understand background problem

Regards,
    Calin

@strictlyparmesan said: @Calin my ticket has been on high priority for 5 days unanswered

>

Hello I'm replay on you ticket

• Can I increase RAM? I just need it a little bigger.

• @Calin just to say thanks for the extra RAM and for the service. I have two servers are buzzing along nicely> @Pospa said:

@Pospa said:

@Calin said:

Hello , possible check on top ? I thing this problem it's maybe from network speed , because right now lot of peoples upload data and network speed it's 100% at maximum temporary

Possible please confirm if it's from network or CPU steal?
    Because we checked main node and it's no any overloaded , just network

Regards

Network speed is relatively OK, around 37 MB/s, CPU is also not utilized, during copy it's around 10%. But actual speed of downloading file is under 1 MB/s right now. This is big problem.

Hello, you still didn't reply on this. This VPS is completely unusable, please let me know how and when you are going to fix it ASAP, otherwise I will have to request full refund.

@Calin I'm pretty sure the issue referred to here is "upload" speed, (as in copying files off the server), because I'm also seeing similar slowness over SCP, (on multiple servers/IPs etc).

Downloading files onto the disk is as fast as f*CK, (like consistently 400Mb +), but moving them off to another server for transcoding is like dial-up, (1Mb max), so I suspect this is the OP's issue, (they mentioned problems streaming video and getting data off the server is like pulling teeth at the momen....although I could fill the disk 10X with the current download speed).

• Downloading files onto the disk is as fast as f*CK, (like consistently 400Mb +), but moving them off to another server for transcoding is like dial-up, (1Mb max), so I suspect this is the OP's issue, (they mentioned problems streaming video and getting data off the server is like pulling teeth at the momen....although I could fill the disk 10X with the current download speed).

Correction, SCP is pulling 3Mbs max from server to server transfer, (i.e TX, uploading from the server to another server), according to iftop

Downloading, (RX), pulls the Hetzner100MB test file in 4.2s. I've tried various other 1Gb port servers and that's top tier performance, so the upload, (TX), is weird. Tried with and without Wireguard, but all ssh-based protocols

• PospaPospa Member
    edited May 18

@Calin said:

Hello possible try test download file from other server? On this node we don't meet any network prolbmes, in same time , what protocol you usage for transfer files?SCP / curl etc... , or you make on this VPS torrent? Please explain for understand background problem

Regards,
    Calin

I'm using Tailscale (direct connection) to copy my files to the VPS over SMB. And I tried SFTP directly too. I'm also using Plex server to directly stream videos (no transcoding). I have fiber connection, so there is no issue on my side. But most of the time, I can't even stream low bitrate video from the VPS via Plex. And since speedtest on VPS is OK, it looks like there is a problem with IO. I just tried again, tried to copy a file from VPS, downloading speed is 350 kB/s. I also tried Plex, but same thing, it can't do even 1 stream.

@Nebiros4562 said: Can I increase RAM? I just need it a little bigger.

>

Hello we upgrade ram to all people what post the invoice number in next 24 hours

Regards

@CloudHopper said: Downloading, (RX), pulls the Hetzner100MB test file in 4.2s. I've tried various other 1Gb port servers and that's top tier performance, so the upload, (TX), is weird. Tried with and without Wireguard, but all ssh-based protocols

>

Thanks , yes that happened because our ISP make us lot of limitation on upload speed , after we go to colocation this problem fixed , we thing that happened in next 3 weeks , we post coming soon here more details

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1CloudHopper
  • ivanzzzivanzzz Member

@Calin said:

@Nebiros4562 said: Can I increase RAM? I just need it a little bigger.

>

Hello we upgrade ram to all people what post the invoice number in next 24 hours

Regards

Invoice 4020 thanks!!

• HeostHeost Member

Invoice #4064

Thanks!

• Retouch3518Retouch3518 Member
    edited May 20

I have seen, that (some) IP adresses are leased from IPXO.
    In another thread was written, that this is a problem for DMCA ignored hosting.
    Is this really an issue in case of DMCA reports?

@Retouch3518 said: Is this really an issue in case of DMCA reports?

>

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/193774/comeso-hollywood-and-warner-brost-hate-me

Don't worry about this

Thanked by 1Retouch3518
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 20

Yah with Bro Host @Calin , there is no such thing as DMCA.

:+1:

EDIT:

He makes the stakes on the grill with the mail he has from Hollywood. :D

Thanked by 2Calin 10thHouse
  • ZinusZinus Member

Invoice #4077 - Thanks

• nekoawanekoawa Member

Invoice #4079
    Thanks!

• LupyLupy Member

Invoice #4080
    Thanks

• RTBRTB Member

Invoice #4081
    Thank you!

• PospaPospa Member

@Pospa said:

@Calin said:

Regards,
    Calin

I'm using Tailscale (direct connection) to copy my files to the VPS over SMB. And I tried SFTP directly too. I'm also using Plex server to directly stream videos (no transcoding). I have fiber connection, so there is no issue on my side. But most of the time, I can't even stream low bitrate video from the VPS via Plex. And since speedtest on VPS is OK, it looks like there is a problem with IO. I just tried again, tried to copy a file from VPS, downloading speed is 350 kB/s. I also tried Plex, but same thing, it can't do even 1 stream.

Hello, I'm still waiting for reply from you. It's already 2 weeks since I can't use this VPS because of extremely low IO speeds and nothing was done to improve it. Also there are frequent downtimes.

@Pospa said: Hello, I'm still waiting for reply from you. It's already 2 weeks since I can't use this VPS because of extremely low IO speeds and nothing was done to improve it. Also there are frequent downtimes.

>

Hello possible leave a yabs? With /storage partition?

Regards

• PospaPospa Member
    edited May 22

@Calin said:

@Pospa said: Hello, I'm still waiting for reply from you. It's already 2 weeks since I can't use this VPS because of extremely low IO speeds and nothing was done to improve it. Also there are frequent downtimes.

>

Hello possible leave a yabs? With /storage partition?

Regards

YABS is skipping disk test, because there is less than 2 GB of space available. That's on SSD. How do I make it check /storage only?

@Pospa said: YABS is skipping disk test, because there is less than 2 GB of space available. That's on SSD. How do I make it check /storage only?

>

Try

cd /storage

and try again yabs

Regards

• yangtoa10yangtoa10 Member

What happens when the traffic reaches the upper limit? Is it a speed limit?

@yangtoa10 said: What happens when the traffic reaches the upper limit? Is it a speed limit?

>

Hello , yes speed it's limited at 69 mbit

Regards

• jixunjixun Member

Invoice #4094 :D

• PospaPospa Member

@Calin said:

@Pospa said: YABS is skipping disk test, because there is less than 2 GB of space available. That's on SSD. How do I make it check /storage only?

>

Try

cd /storage

and try again yabs

Regards

So I did YABS, but those benchmark numbers look way better, than reality. I just tested, I cannot even stream 1 low bitrate video via Plex. Also SMB and SFTP is extremely slow.

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sdb):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 4.22 MB/s (1.0k) 37.41 MB/s (584)
    Write 4.24 MB/s (1.0k) 37.73 MB/s (589)
    Total 8.47 MB/s (2.1k) 75.14 MB/s (1.1k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 35.19 MB/s (68) 33.99 MB/s (33)
    Write 37.46 MB/s (73) 36.72 MB/s (35)
    Total 72.66 MB/s (141) 70.72 MB/s (68)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 41.3 Mbits/sec 298 Mbits/sec 50.3 ms
    Eranium Amsterdam, NL (100G) 59.8 Mbits/sec 718 Mbits/sec 38.4 ms
    Telia Helsinki, FI (10G) busy busy 52.8 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) busy busy 131 ms
    Leaseweb Singapore, SG (10G) busy busy 319 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) busy busy 179 ms
  • @Pospa said:
    I cannot even stream 1 low bitrate video via Plex. Also SMB and SFTP is extremely slow.

I have the same offer from February and I assume it is on the same node as this later offer (STOR-4).

This is my totally unscientific test using mpv (default settings) + sshfs (Ciphers=aes128-ctr) and comparing playback from a Hetzner server. Distance to the Romanian DC is ~1200 km.

1080p
    Bit rate: 8 766 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate: 15.0 Mb/s

STOR-4:
    AV: 00:04:59 / 00:50:10 (10%) A-V: 0.000 Cache: 44s/59MB
    There was some buffering in the first few minutes until the cache could fill up sufficiently.

Hetzner:
    AV: 00:04:59 / 00:50:10 (10%) A-V: 0.000 Cache: 124s/150MB
    There was no buffering.

In comparison on STOR-4:
    720p
    Bit rate: 2 875 kb/s
    AV: 00:04:59 / 00:50:07 (10%) A-V: 0.000 Cache: 328s/150MB
    There was no buffering.

tl;dr

❌ 4K Remux
    ✅ 1080p (needs cache tweaks?)
    ✅ 720p