Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13th anniversary promotions - NVMe Compute & RAID10 Storage VMs - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

13th anniversary promotions - NVMe Compute & RAID10 Storage VMs

Comments

• cybertechcybertech Member

@kzhen471 said:
    I found that prices in Hong Kong and Singapore have increased, what should I do?

you should buy it before it increases further

• SmigitSmigit Member
    edited May 2

@anrikaz said:

@ymgswx said:
    I would like to purchase servers in Hong Kong and Singapore with a configuration of 4 cores and 24 GB RAM, but the bandwidth is insufficient for my needs. Can the bandwidth be increased, and how would that be billed?

You can purchase additional bandwidth through the control panel, but keep in mind that it can be costly. For instance, 2TB of bandwidth costs $8, and this option is only available for the current month in which you make the purchase.

Hosthatch notice:
    The bandwidth will be added to your server as a one-off, and will be removed automatically on the 1st of the next month. You can either upgrade or contact us for larger amounts.

If it’s $8 for 2TB in Singapore, you’ll be better off buying the Black Friday plans and stacking them. The plan with 4 CPUs is about $5 a month with 3TB per plan. If you stack 3x of those you’ll have 4x CPU, 24GB ram and 9TB data.

If you can pay 3 years up front you double the bandwidth again to 18TB and get 50% more RAM and disk.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @ymgswx said:
    I would like to purchase servers in Hong Kong and Singapore with a configuration of 4 cores and 24 GB RAM, but the bandwidth is insufficient for my needs. Can the bandwidth be increased, and how would that be billed?

Ask @Abd maybe he can offer something, I'm using their service and quite satisfied, never needed to open a ticket so IDK about support but there has been no downtime or any issues so far.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2

@kzhen471 said:
    I found that prices in Hong Kong and Singapore have increased, what should I do?

We have not increased any pricing.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@Daniel15 said:

@hosthatch said: In LA, New York and Chicago, you also get a 20GB SSD OS disk with Storage VMs.

Does this mean for all storage VMs, or just the storage VMs in this sale?

@hosthatch
    Can existing customers with storage boxes from 2018 till now request extra OS disk?
    Also, any plans to move existing boxes to RAID 10?

Thank you

We've also upgraded the Christmas plan to include 10TB bandwidth instead of 5TB for APAC, and this has been applied to all existing servers as well.

These deals will be out of stock after ~18 hours. It will not be possible to order them after this, and unfortunately, there will not be any exceptions for this. Doing promotions puts huge stress on the team, so we try to keep these as special as possible.

@plumberg said:

@Daniel15 said:

@hosthatch said: In LA, New York and Chicago, you also get a 20GB SSD OS disk with Storage VMs.

Does this mean for all storage VMs, or just the storage VMs in this sale?

@hosthatch
    Can existing customers with storage boxes from 2018 till now request extra OS disk?
    Also, any plans to move existing boxes to RAID 10?

Thank you

Sorry I missed this from earlier. No, it's not possible unfortunately. The new nodes we build come with extra SSDs/NVMes, etc. They are also exclusively RAID-10.

If you would like to move to one of the newer plans, we can help you do that, but it will cost you the same as it does anyone else (you can just pay the price difference, if any, to move from an old plan to the new one). The newer ones are obviously a bit more expensive.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • eethanneethann Member

Did anyone went with 3 year payments? Not really comfortable with paying that long at once but the offer is quite attractive.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited May 2

@hosthatch said:

@kzhen471 said:

Which is not entirely true. The Christmas offer pricing has been raised by $5.

@webcraft said:

@hosthatch said:

@kzhen471 said:

Which is not entirely true. The Christmas offer pricing has been raised by $5.

Sorry, I understood this as related to "since we posted this offer". But yes, you're right of course.

• SmigitSmigit Member

@hosthatch said:
    We've also upgraded the Christmas plan to include 10TB bandwidth instead of 5TB for APAC, and this has been applied to all existing servers as well.

Thanks! Nice to get a bump for the plan I got just a few months back. Unexpected but welcome

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • hapkidohapkido Member

@hosthatch , will existing customers get some extra bandwidth boost in APAC too? :#

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

@hosthatch said:

The new nodes we build come with extra SSDs/NVMes, etc. They are also exclusively RAID-10.

You've been running the new RAID-10 nodes for a while now. What's your experience with them regarding IO performance when compared to the old nodes using RAID-60? I presume it's better, but it's interesting to hear your impressions, as you're in a good position to compare the two platforms under real world usage.

I've got a good number of "legacy" storage servers, some with killer pricing, and am thinking about whether a move to the new RAID-10 nodes would be worthwhile.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • MrWonderMrWonder Member

Hello!

I have already ordered one in Singapore having 2 CPU cores/4 GB RAM (3 years).

@hosthatch said:
    If you would like to move to one of the newer plans, we can help you do that, but it will cost you the same as it does anyone else (you can just pay the price difference, if any, to move from an old plan to the new one). The newer ones are obviously a bit more expensive.

I have two Black Friday 2023 4 GB/T2 existing VPSes in Singapore. I would like to have both of these VPSes converted in to the new offer of having 2 CPU cores/4 GB RAM (3 years) such that finally, I will have two VPS with identical specifications, one new one and second from conversion.

My I ask:

1)
    Do I have to place an order for the conversion of the existing VPS and then not pay? Or would it be sufficient to create a ticket and wait until the difference invoice is created (I have done that having title: "Converting two old VPS in one new VPS")?

2)
    Is it possible to make sure that both VPS are on two different physical servers, to have security in case of a hardware failure?

I thought of this conversion to have two identical VPS having same specifications, instead of three different ones.

Thanks in advance.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@eethann said:
    Did anyone went with 3 year payments? Not really comfortable with paying that long at once but the offer is quite attractive.

I did, but I always go with triennial payment if available. It's just easier to keep track of.

• themyththemyth Member

I am very sorry that your choice of plans for Singapore and Tokyo was affected by the sudden change in the traffic allowance for the Christmas promotional plans. If possible, I request that you cancel the 2 orders for Singapore, 1 order for Tokyo, and 1 order for Hong Kong. I will then immediately purchase the Christmas promotional plans for Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
    I understand that promotional orders cannot be refunded. However, I believe this should not be attributed to me, as I discovered that you abruptly updated the traffic allowance in the plans. Prior to this modification, your pricing plans influenced my decision-making process.
    Thank you for your efforts!

• bdlbdl Member

@themyth said:
    I am very sorry that your choice of plans for Singapore and Tokyo was affected by the sudden change in the traffic allowance for the Christmas promotional plans. If possible, I request that you cancel the 2 orders for Singapore, 1 order for Tokyo, and 1 order for Hong Kong. I will then immediately purchase the Christmas promotional plans for Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
    I understand that promotional orders cannot be refunded. However, I believe this should not be attributed to me, as I discovered that you abruptly updated the traffic allowance in the plans. Prior to this modification, your pricing plans influenced my decision-making process.

Enjoy your credit

• themyththemyth Member

@bdl said:

@themyth said:

Enjoy your credit

of course.i need add more funds.but my credit $0.00~~~

• midasmidas Member

Are compute units from this sale eligible for Snapshots?

@hapkido said:
    @hosthatch , will existing customers get some extra bandwidth boost in APAC too? :#

Everyone on the Christmas plan will be upgraded, yes.

@MrWonder said: I have two Black Friday 2023 4 GB/T2 existing VPSes in Singapore. I would like to have both of these VPSes converted in to the new offer of having 2 CPU cores/4 GB RAM (3 years) such that finally, I will have two VPS with identical specifications, one new one and second from conversion.

This is not possible.

@themyth said: I request that you cancel the 2 orders

Also no, sorry.

@aj_potc said:

@hosthatch said:

The new nodes we build come with extra SSDs/NVMes, etc. They are also exclusively RAID-10.

You've been running the new RAID-10 nodes for a while now. What's your experience with them regarding IO performance when compared to the old nodes using RAID-60? I presume it's better, but it's interesting to hear your impressions, as you're in a good position to compare the two platforms under real world usage.

I've got a good number of "legacy" storage servers, some with killer pricing, and am thinking about whether a move to the new RAID-10 nodes would be worthwhile.

There's a huge difference in disk IO (I am not sure how much you will see that as a customer though), but the most important thing for us was the rebuild times. With RAID-10, we can replace a drive and rebuild the array with pretty much no negative affect to the customer. With RAID50/60, rebuilds are much more complicated, sometimes almost impossible (taking 4+ weeks to complete).

Adding SSD OS disks also mitigates a lot of other issues - modern operating systems seem to work/boot very slow on HDDs, even when there's no load.

In the future, we plan to offer HDD and NVMe block storage, so separating OS disks and HDD disks is a good step towards that.

@midas said: Are compute units from this sale eligible for Snapshots?

Yes. However snapshots are currently offered as a beta service. Once they are moved out of beta (tentative ETA is 1st July), they will be a paid addon.

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • lirrrlirrr Member

@hosthatch said:

These deals will be out of stock after ~18 hours. It will not be possible to order them after this, and unfortunately, there will not be any exceptions for this. Doing promotions puts huge stress on the team, so we try to keep these as special as possible.

❤️ Hosthatch for this

• OpenNetOpenNet Member

Happy 13th anniversary!

• nyamenknyamenk Member

Does anyone have disk i/o error problem in Sweden storage?
    @hosthatch see ticket #557385 please

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@webcraft said:

@asderik5633 said:
    There will be Ubuntu 24.04 LTS available any time soon ?

The entire ISO and Template lineup could be refreshed.. most are over a year old. You can of course just update it or for instance upgrade from Ubuntu 22.04 to 24.04 but it's inconvenient.

All you need is netboot.xyz. You can upload your own ISO too.

Thanked by 2the_doctor dev_vps
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@eethann said:

Ive been using HostHatch since 2020 and all my VPSes with them are either 2 or 3 year payments. I bought one during Black Friday 2023 that's $550 / 3 years (48GB RAM, 525GB NVMe). No regrets.

Thanked by 2emgh costcotravel
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@Daniel15 said:

@webcraft said:

@asderik5633 said:
    There will be Ubuntu 24.04 LTS available any time soon ?

The entire ISO and Template lineup could be refreshed.. most are over a year old. You can of course just update it or for instance upgrade from Ubuntu 22.04 to 24.04 but it's inconvenient.

All you need is netboot.xyz. You can upload your own ISO too.

+1 for this request, @hosthatch
    Thanks!

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • msattmsatt Member

@nyamenk said:
    Does anyone have disk i/o error problem in Sweden storage?
    @hosthatch see ticket #557385 please

Yes. Reboot shows disk failure :'(
    BF2021 Flash — Storage 500GB - Stockholm

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@eethann said:
    Did anyone went with 3 year payments?
    Not really comfortable with paying that long at once but the offer is quite attractive.

Well, you have answered your question. If you are not comfortable with any offer, then do not go for it.

I have two servers with @hosthatch , one with two years payment and another Christmas monthly $10 offer for 24gb VPS. Based on my personal experience, I will not hesitate to go for 3 year commitment if needed.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@eethann said:

I do. I have been hosted with them since 2013, so I think I know what I am getting into.

There will be moments when you will feel stuck with them - when something on their side won't work and no one responds for a week, or more... It's a pretty crappy feeling as you can't do anything in such a situation than wait, but apart from that, the service will work without interruptions for years.

Generally speaking, they will deliver, and the service is worth the price, but sometimes in the long run, you may experience some frustrating situations. If you can afford to wait for a week for them to respond and fix something that's completely out of your control, you will be just fine. If you can't, then this may not be the host for you.
    But as mentioned, those occurrences aren't regular, and most of the time (years?) the service will be just fine.

Thanked by 2jkl9 eethann
  • emghemgh Member

i thought the hatching was some nsfw sub culture , turns out just server host , pls refound

Thanked by 1ehab