Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoy your open source encryption and OS (Linux) - and BACKDOORS! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enjoy your open source encryption and OS (Linux) - and BACKDOORS!

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited April 17

@asterisk14 said: I am disappoint that it is filled with lowendpeople like yourself

Please don't be disappoint. You are a very lowendpeople.

Thanked by 2emgh nocloud
  • emghemgh Member

my i m have disappoint

• @Arkas said:

@asterisk14 said: I am disappoint that it is filled with lowendpeople like yourself

Very mature! This is what I was talking about the type of moderators/moderation we don't need.

This is not the behavior that forum members expect from mods and brings the forum and other moderators into disrepute.

• emghemgh Member

@asterisk14 said:

@Arkas said:

Very mature! This is what I was talking about the type of moderators/moderation we don't need.

This is not the behavior that forum members expect from mods and brings the forum and other moderators into disrepute.

Noooo @Arkas i s have disrepute 😔

Thanked by 2Arkas nocloud
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@asterisk14 said: Very mature!

Trying to reach your standard. Thank you for approve.

• @Arkas said:

@asterisk14 said: Very mature!

Trying to reach your standard. Thank you for approve.

Were you bullied as a child??

Actually don't tell me, I don't want to know.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@asterisk14 said: Were you bullied as a child??

Were you bully?

Thanked by 2emgh nocloud
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited April 17

@emgh said:
    my i m have disappoint

You should be, your an idiot.

@asterisk14 said:

@emgh said:
    Why is there now two threads about Russian politics?

One was already too much, get out of my LET home page ffs

Get your facts straight. I didn't bring Russia into this thread AT ALL. The first mention of Russia/"Russians in the Kremlin" is by ....

@angstrom said:
    Moved from General to News (for what it's worth, which isn't much)

@asterisk14 , you're aware that the Russians in the Kremlin also wanted a backdoor to Telegram and even banned Telegram for a while (for a couple of years?) when they didn't get what they wanted, right?

Then @JosephF replied to @angstrom quoting the above and then @angstrom mentioned Russia again in his next reply!

Get your facts right before hurling false accusations please.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

my i m have hate bullies

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@asterisk14 said: your an idiot

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited April 17

@Arkas said:

@asterisk14 said: your an idiot

Be Careful no to exert yourself too much. I don't want you to have meltdown like last time and have to leave LET/moderation to cool down. :D

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • nocloudnocloud Member

Donald duck in blue and yellow! that's really going to make him angry now. it's all a conspiracy against disasterisk14.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@asterisk14 said: Be Careful no to exert yourself too much

No much? How much?

Thanked by 2emgh 2oldheroes
  • emghemgh Member

my i m have meltdown

• @kendid said:

@angstrom said: It was just a desperate (and failed) attempt on your part to introduce "Russophobia" into this thread (when you had nothing else to say)

I'm not sure what the issue is -- Russophobia is a real legit thing today. Invading neighbors, raping, stealing children, sending hundreds of missiles and drones into civilian structures and schools, annexing lands. I have absolutely no problem with people being Russophobic. When I was in Dnipro last week, Russia sent two cruise missiles into a high school and preschool downtown. Only teachers were injured, as students raced to the bomb shelters upon the alert, but there is good reason for people to be Russophobic.

So not phobia, but rational fear.

Thanked by 2nocloud 2oldheroes
  • tucker carlson

okay . keep spaming , the fsb has installed backdoor in your brain

Thanked by 2emgh nocloud
  • when will this site add the function of blocking ? kinda tird to seeing vatnig parading around with disfigured mutant eagle flag

• shruubshruub Member

@shruub said:

@asterisk14 said:

@shruub said:
    okay, I'll be installing windows on my 64MB lxc then

There's no need to tell me about other Unix based oses or bsd.

People go on and on about encryption and whilst it is good if your data falls into your neighbors hands, don't expect that CIA/MI6 don't have a backdoor into it.

Even if they don't have backdoor, in some EU countries if the regime asks for your encryption keys/windows password/phone password - you HAVE to provide it. If you don't because you have incriminating info on your computer or insist on privacy, it doesn't matter because you can get prison time for NOT giving them your passwords = so you're f***ed either way.

Which countries tho

In the country mentioned in the article below (Britain regime) and they did it to a journalist:

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/05/30/journalist-kit-klarenberg-british-police-interrogated-grayzone/

It is an offense to refuse to answer questions (no right to silence/self incrimination), it is an offense to give false answers to questions, they imaged his laptop, phone, and asked him to give his passwords.

Section 49 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (‘RIPA’) gives the police the power to ... demand a person disclose their PIN, and section 53 makes it an offence for failing to comply with such a notice.

Failing to comply could mean a custodial sentence of two years to five years .

Obviously, the regime could this to you repeatably, sending you back to prison for 5 years each time you refuse to give them your passwords. So you either hand over your password or spend life in prison. SO encryption is pretty moot, privacy none existent.

Oh yeah that's just britain. Ain't EU anymore and seemingly kinda went to shit after that.

• @2oldheroes said:
    when will this site add the function of blocking ? kinda tird to seeing vatnig parading around with disfigured mutant eagle flag

Definately need this. Please develop feature using BilohBucks.

@shruub said:

@shruub said:

@asterisk14 said:

@shruub said:
    okay, I'll be installing windows on my 64MB lxc then

There's no need to tell me about other Unix based oses or bsd.

People go on and on about encryption and whilst it is good if your data falls into your neighbors hands, don't expect that CIA/MI6 don't have a backdoor into it.

Even if they don't have backdoor, in some EU countries if the regime asks for your encryption keys/windows password/phone password - you HAVE to provide it. If you don't because you have incriminating info on your computer or insist on privacy, it doesn't matter because you can get prison time for NOT giving them your passwords = so you're f***ed either way.

Which countries tho

In the country mentioned in the article below (Britain regime) and they did it to a journalist:

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/05/30/journalist-kit-klarenberg-british-police-interrogated-grayzone/

It is an offense to refuse to answer questions (no right to silence/self incrimination), it is an offense to give false answers to questions, they imaged his laptop, phone, and asked him to give his passwords.

Section 49 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (‘RIPA’) gives the police the power to ... demand a person disclose their PIN, and section 53 makes it an offence for failing to comply with such a notice.

Failing to comply could mean a custodial sentence of two years to five years .

Obviously, the regime could this to you repeatably, sending you back to prison for 5 years each time you refuse to give them your passwords. So you either hand over your password or spend life in prison. SO encryption is pretty moot, privacy none existent.

Oh yeah that's just britain. Ain't EU anymore and seemingly kinda went to shit after that.

Sorry you asked for a country and I gave you one. Sorry you are not satisfied. Please do research by your ownself for situation in other European democracies.

and seemingly kinda went to shit after that.

Only after angry mod @angstrom derailed the thread by bringing Russia into it and then meltdown mod @Arkas
    shit posting thereafter:

@angstrom said:

@asterisk14 , you're aware that the Russians in the Kremlin also wanted a backdoor to Telegram and even banned Telegram for a while (for a couple of years?) when they didn't get what they wanted, right?

And then falsely accused me of being Russian propagandist:

@angstrom said:

@xvps said:

@angstrom said:

This is simply too naive.

1. This thread is created by one of the worst propaganda spreaders from the Russia/Ukraine thread.
    2. The link to the article on rt.com, a Russian propaganda news site that is well known for spreading disinformation, is a alternative domain name (swentr.site).
    3. The other "news" source is Tucker Carlson who is known for spreading Russian propaganda.
    4. This "breaking news" was posted back in 2016/2017 on other websites. (example)

I basically agree with you, which is why I said that this news "isn't worth much"

The OP is notorious around here, with a history of warnings and temp-bans. I have no illusions about him as such

Pretty immature and pathetic. I am very disappoint.

• emghemgh Member

i m have obsession

Thanked by 3shruub Arkas 2oldheroes
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@asterisk14 , you're doing a good job of confirming to me that all of your past warnings and temp-bans here were well-deserved!

• MumblyMumbly Member

Ladies, please, can we all step back for a moment?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • shruubshruub Member

@asterisk14 said:

Sorry you asked for a country and I gave you one. Sorry you are not satisfied. Please do research by your ownself for situation in other European democracies.

Lol man, you're desperate.

and seemingly kinda went to shit after that.

Only after angry mod @angstrom derailed the thread by bringing Russia into it and then meltdown mod

I was talking about the country.

• edited April 18

@shruub said:

@asterisk14 said:

Those kind of law constructs (forcing people to give up passwords at the threat of hurtful fines/sentences) also seem to exist at least for France, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland.

In regards to Germany suspects can't be forced to cooperate right now but those provisions don't apply to witnesses and the finer details of what witnesses are required to do are a topic of debate, so chances are non-compliance will still result in fines (or at least threats thereof) fighting which is then up the person being forced. From what i get providers are also generally required to give up passwords, which is planned to be extended to any kind of digital service. Implementing provisions (jail...) to directly force people to give up passwords are also on the table.

It's sad but those kind of approaches are pretty much en vogue these days.

Thanked by 1asterisk14
  • shruubshruub Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@shruub said:

@ asterisk14 said:

Those kind of law constructs (forcing people to give up passwords at the threat of hurtful fines/sentences) also seem to exist at least for France, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland.

In regards to Germany suspects can't be forced to cooperate right now but those provisions don't apply to witnesses and the finer details of what witnesses are required to do are a topic of debate, so chances are non-compliance will still result in fines (or at least threats thereof) fighting which is then up the person being forced. From what i get providers are also generally required to give up passwords, which is planned to be extended to any kind of digital service. Implementing provisions (jail...) to directly force people to give up passwords are also on the table.

Alright then. Regardless, he's still quite desperate.

• edited April 18

@shruub said:

@shruub said:

@ asterisk14 said:

Well, as far as i'm concerned this thread is pretty pointless in general (about 90% is just confrontation for the sake of confrontation with noone gaining anything from it).

I was just curious how many countries had taken this stance on passwords by now as i would have been somewhat surprised if it was still just the UK alone, so i looked into it a bit.

Thanked by 1asterisk14
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@shruub said:

@shruub said:

@ asterisk14 said:

Well, as far as i'm concerned this thread is pretty pointless in general. I was just curious how many countries had taken this stance on passwords by now as i would have been somewhat surprised if it was still just the UK alone, so i looked into it a bit.

I guess it kind of matters why someone wants passwords in the first place. In case of current events of high tension and conflict it doesn't really matter what some country stance is. Sure the situation will be exploited as by product

Obviously Telegram or any major platform cooperates efficiently with APIs in compliance.

• @lowenduser1 said:

@shruub said:

@shruub said:

@ asterisk14 said:

Well, as far as i'm concerned this thread is pretty pointless in general. I was just curious how many countries had taken this stance on passwords by now as i would have been somewhat surprised if it was still just the UK alone, so i looked into it a bit.

I guess it kind of matters why someone wants passwords in the first place. In case of current events of high tension and conflict it doesn't really matter what some country stance is. Sure the situation will be exploited as by product

To be honest, i don't really see what's the connection between those two topics, even if some parties seem to have an interest in having them be connected.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 18

This thread has derailed from technical backdoors into conspiracies with political agenda and quality of governments.

The interesting aspect though is how such derailed thread just keeps on going.

Choo! chooo! 🚂

• kendidkendid Veteran

England should invade the USA to protect the English speakers from MAGA

Thanked by 1nocloud
This discussion has been closed.